PDA

View Full Version : 2009 fur rendering problem

hailtheempire
03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey guys,

I'm running maya2k9 on a brand new mac and when I do a batch render its not rendering out the fur but if I render a single frame it still works. Any ideas whats going on here?

hkspowers
03-21-2009, 03:22 AM
I just recently experienced this very same problem. The problem seems to be caused by the fur attr maps losing their paths during a batch render. You have to go back and manually set them, and it will work. Be aware however it is usually better to plug in actual file nodes for these attrs than to just use Maya's default brush images. what i mean by that is You will want to go to your furAttrMaps that Maya creats and save them back out as a tif or something. The go back into your scene and delete the links to the attrMaps and instead plug file nodes into the respective channels. So put you saved color map into the color channel for the fur just like you would any other shader. This should help solve your problem.

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2009, 03:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.