PDA

View Full Version : Student Short - Avuro

roald
07-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Here is a short movie a fellow student of mine made this spring. He has had some trouble posting at this board, so I`ll post it for him.

A still from the movie:

http://www.euqahuba.com/temp/01.jpg

Download here (about 19 megs) (http://www.euqahuba.com/temp/avuro_high_divX3.avi)

Comments & Crits please :)

roald
07-08-2003, 11:31 PM
94 views and 0 replies??

I would like to get some feedback on my short, please :thumbsup:

theo

DADDYGOODY
07-08-2003, 11:36 PM
This is pretty nice where are you a student at.

theotheo
07-08-2003, 11:50 PM
Thanks

I was a one year (the course is only one) student at noroff institute in norway, although i would'n recomend it :)

but we had roughly 4 weeks to complete the animation from scratch, so theres alot of things i would have done differently
if i had the time.

if anyone should wonder i used max5.1 and particle flow

mattmos
07-08-2003, 11:51 PM
The animation is a bit rough around the edges, and I feel that the character should have been reacting more to the blocks, starting to get scared as he is gradually trapped.

Having said that, very nice background lighting/texturing, the music is a good choice, and sound effects work well. Nice story!

Benstomme
07-09-2003, 12:14 AM
is he made of some cind'a fabric?? like yer style man,

many creds

KendoJedi
07-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Looks almost like he was made of pyrite and very well done. I loved it, the lighting was great.

Robato
07-09-2003, 07:40 AM
wow...one of the cooler more creative things I have seen here. Nice change from the dungeons and dragons elves and shiney sports cars.

I really like your camera work more than anything else....but I am going to have to say that the character animation is your weakest point. (although this had a very clay stop-motion feel to it which was cool)

I like the look and lighting of everything as well.

great job man....work on your character animation as well as add more of a twist to the ending and you have something REALLY impressive.

theotheo
07-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Thanks for all your kind words.

mattmos : thanks. I was hoping to show abit more emotion
with the character when he is trapped, but 'ill be working on
that too next time.

KendoJedi : allthough it might look like pyrite :) it's acctually 10 000 cubes :)

Robert Ashley : glad to see you liked it, and thanks for the critique, i know character animation isnt my strong side, so i'll be sure to work on it alot more in my next animation. But on this
project the animation was done in the last two weeks :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.