PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 2D - aeonseraph - Omnisferatu

aeonseraph
03-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Hello everybody,

Iv'e decided to join in this wave of creativity together with CGSociety team just like the last year. I just hope that this year i won't have any surprises and will be able to finish my entry.
At least for now i have some free time so i will use it for creating some art. And it's been a while since i did something of that sort.

P.S.
It's nice to see that my CGS Insignia is being used this year too, cool :) I'm glad U guys like it.

Here is current status of my Dominance War IV Entry:

Concept Sheet (In Progress)
Modeling Sheet (In Progress)
Final Illustration(In Progress)
Text Image(On Hold) 40% Completed

LATEST UPDATE:

95% Completed Final Illustration:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090519_Final_Illustration_W-80.jpg

90% Completed Modeling Sheet:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090412_1200x1000_Modeling_S-1.jpg

95% Completed Concept Sheet:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090412_1200x1000_Concept_Sh-1.jpg

aeonseraph
03-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Here goes the first sketches.
This year i will use a different style and aproach.
I will ad character description sometime later.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090318_02.jpg

Now i am playing with lights and shadows for this piece, i will finish it soon so stay tuned for updates.
And BTW good luck to you all fellow comrades! :arteest:

aeonseraph
03-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Here goes version with quick lights and shadows.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090318_05.jpg

EDIT : I polished it a bit more.

JockeP
03-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Its a nice start and I like the character.
You might wanna care with some of the human characteristics since a demon lord shouldnt possses much of it (legs arms maybe).

aeonseraph
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Sorry, i didn't quite get what you meant by that.
Did you mean that it needs to be more human?
I didn't notice in the rules that Demon Lord should be humanoid.
I aim for more creature type demon lord.

Chachi
03-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Nice design, I think what JockeP means is that the Demon Lord category shouldn't possess any human characteristics. Your design is basically humanoid which would place it in the Demon Prince category.

aeonseraph
03-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks, i'm glad U like it.
I get it, hmmm...
Ok, i will make some adjustments, since it is just a concept but if in the end it will still look like humanoid then i will simply rename my title from Demon Lord to Demon Prince. :D

aeonseraph
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Haudi ppl.

Here goes the newest sketch + flat colours of my demon lord - Omnisferatu.
I spent enormous amounts of time on this concept, there were a lots of re-drawings and corrections, but finally i achieved what i wanted. I just hope i won't be the only one who likes this one :D
The story will reveal why this demon lord looks like he does, and what exactly is he.

I drew on A3 format list.
Now i am colouring it in PS + Painter.
Tails are in progress, there will be more details.
Also wings are in development stage.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090323_Preview.jpg

FrozZT
03-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi! Very nice lines, shapes and overall design! A little bit busy for my taste, just slightly. Another thing that came to mind while reading your discription is that id does look like a robot more than a demon to be honest. Your graphic style, although its very nice does make it look very mechanical. Maybe if you kept your style and just partly introduced some more organic and lose shapes and details, you could keep your lines on selective places and do a crossover between a more relaxed approach and your very own personal style, that be really awesome, really. If you could work on some nice lightning to show its actually an organic surface it would be even better. I dont know, maybe you are thinking its an armor on top of your demon, but thats in the mind of the viewer only in that case, becouse right now i cant see a single piece of flesh, skin, or anything like that. Dont get me wrong i do feel its a cool design, further development can probably make it work. And sure you can have a story that tells what its about but in the judging (if you care about that) it might be a problem if it looks like a robot. Just my thoughts.. As much as i can appriciate those hard shapes I'd still like to see you loosen up on that graphic style if only for some experimenting. Keep up the good work m8! :)

-Niklas

aeonseraph
03-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi Niklas,

Thank U for your comment, I really appreciate your thoughts on this matter.
And it made me thinking about some stuff. I agree with your opinion and will make the organic parts more obvious, to avoid this situation where someone may think that it is a more robot than a demon. Although at this stage it may seem like it, the final version will look different because of the colours and shading.
When i will post a completely shaded and coloured version with finshed tails and added wings + other stuff, you'll see that this creature is a mix between golem and demonic-dragon-snake-type beast. :D

In short description from the story:
This creatures body once was a golem from ancient world. A bunch of demon warlocks acording to their prophecies performed an ancient ritual and summoned a spirit from higher plane of existance into this body. To complete the ritual they needed to sacrifice 1000 demons and spill their blood. After the body of golem was marked with the blood of sacrificed demons this creature became alive and absorded the flesh of all demons. As a result this spirit, golem and sacrificed demons merged into one being - Omnisferatu.

And the story will reveal a lot more. :)

Armand

AlexaSharlOt
03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey, dude !

Whats up ?
I see you got some new look on your demon , but rely on the strength of your character's design and not on some giant epic story that no one is going to read. It's nice to think of some cool storyline for yourself but don't get caught up in it too much. Save that short story and all.

aeonseraph
03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
AlexaSharlOt,

I know that wery well. XD Although there are people who like if the character has more depth than just the visual look.
Anyway the story will be the last thing i will do.

AlexaSharlOt
03-24-2009, 05:10 PM
It's good.

Ah, aizmirsu, Good luck !

QuantumPixel
03-24-2009, 05:20 PM
this one has that flare you see on the podium every year. giver!

nellement
03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes pretty cool shapes there,agree about the mechanical look

aeonseraph
03-24-2009, 06:09 PM
AlexaSharlOt : Thanx, and good luck 2 U 2

QuantumPixel : I'm really glad U like it. :bounce:

nellement : Thank U. And i'll try to fix this mechanical effect. :arteest:

aeonseraph
03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
It's late here in Latvia, so that's enough for today's work.
I am well aware that the mechanical look problem is not solved yet.
I just put a little bit of shadows & lights. I didn't finish tails and wings either
So I will finish everything tomorrow. :D

I hope you like it in it's current state.
Goodnight everybody.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090324_1200x1000_Body.jpg

namnocilis
03-24-2009, 10:37 PM
woah! what do i see here.. :eek: Awesome sketches!
ya, you need to make those organic parts more visible.. i too thought it was a Robot but as you said i will have to wait for the final coloured version to be able to feel it..

eager to see those coloured versions too along.. Good Going!

aeonseraph
03-25-2009, 04:53 AM
namnocilis : Thank U, i'm glad U like it. ^^

Stutts
03-25-2009, 05:13 AM
:buttrock:Awesome! :buttrock:

aeonseraph
03-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Here are some new sketches.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090325_1200x1000_Wings.jpg

aeonseraph
03-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Today i was busy on the sketches etc. So i did't get a chance to finish what i started yesterday - finishing body of my demon lord.
Here goes the version with added wings and sphere (Magic Weapon).
As i said, neither the body, nor the wings or the sphere is completed. It still is a work in progress. But since today i finished up most part of the sketches then i believe that tomorrow i'll be able to finish this character. At least the black & white version.

I post this for you to see the overall shape o this character.
There are still missing some things like artifacts etc.

P.S.
You may ask, how the hell he can walk on the ground with such huge wings. Well the answer is simple, he doesn't. He usually floats in the sky.
And his wings can actually dematerialize (transform into energy which is absorbed into a central sphere) if necessary, and then matearilize back into a solid state.
But even if he discards his wings he still moves by using his tails (similary to snake), not his legs.
You may ask why then the he have legs at all? Well, you can think of it as another set of weapons, or emergency backup :D
Also his wings are one oh his primary weapons and at the same time his greatest protection.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090325_1200x1000_CG.jpg

Synectikos
03-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Nice work! I like your designs and your presentation.

ShogunWarrior
03-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Very nice sketch and design. Something spectacular to see.. Is this y our final piece??

syrez-one
03-26-2009, 10:12 AM
huuuge wings! but your style makes leaves it proportional still ;)

i like the armor and shape flow of your armor !

aeonseraph
03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Synectikos : I'm glad U like it :D
ShogunWarrior : Thanks :buttrock: and No, far from it, it is still a work in progress. :arteest: Well the concept itself is very near to completion. What you see here is all for concept sheet which acording to my schedule will be finished this week.
Anyway, today i will finish the shading black and white version. And also will make some final corrections. And tomorrow i plan to colour it. Who knows maybe i will manage to do it today. So stay tuned for updates. :thumbsup:
syrez-one : Thank U, i'm really happy to hear that :beer:

Ataulfo
03-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Amazing sketches. Great.:thumbsup:

I like your stile, its very clean.:)
Keep it up.

Sellis
03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Looking great aeonseraph! Looking forward to seeing this as an illustration, it has an extremely powerful silhouette imo :)

kashivan
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
WOW!!
very cool style in your concepts!!! :buttrock:
KEEP POSTING!!!
I am in waiting to see more of your works!

Gyorkland
03-26-2009, 02:47 PM
amazing, I remember you from the last DW you where one of my favourites but unfortunately you couldn´t finish, please you have to finish this year it´s looking great

aeonseraph
03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Ataulfo : Thank U, i'm glad U like my style :D
Sellis : Thanks mate! :applause:
kashivan : Hey, thanks man. i'm really glad U like my stuff :buttrock: and the next update wil be sometime in next hour. And there will be a lot more drawings in near future.
Gyorkland : Yeah, there were some unexpected events because of which i did't have any time to finish up my entry :cry: But this year i will do everything it takes to finish. :beer:

nellement
03-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Cmon keep rocking I like those big wings they gave it somekinda not-mechanical feel

QuantumPixel
03-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Loving the style on this one. damn I wish I had 2d skills like that.

aeonseraph
03-26-2009, 06:08 PM
nellement : Thanks man, i'm glad U think so. :beer: Well i hope that final version will be even better.
QuantumPixel : Thank U ^^

Well since you guys insist that i post something, then i think i have no choice but to obey and do as i am told. :D
Here goes image with current progress.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090326_1200x1000_CG.jpg

didom
03-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Great style, I love your concept

AlexaSharlOt
03-26-2009, 07:18 PM
wow maybe to big ?!

But ok, i like how lines are looking, so clean.

rhemrev
03-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Nice stuff! You have a nice and clean style going on! Looks like you are almost done already :P

My 2 cents:
I do think the pose is a bit hard to read, especially the head area I couldn't really figure out. Also, I would have put his left arm more outward, so it doesn't blend in with the rest of his body, it would make his pose alot stronger I think. Oh, and the wings do seem to be a bit too big, but defenitely worth some exploration! :)

If I were you I'd do some very quick and dirty paint overs of what you have right now, and explore the idea and silhouet some more, before going in and tightening things up.

Anyway, good stuff, looking forward to the next update.

-Edwin

aeonseraph
03-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Good morning everybody :buttrock: (Well at lest where i live it's morning :D)

didom : I'm really happy that U like my stuff here :)
AlexaSharlOt : Well i think otherwise, but hey, thank anyway. :D
rhemrev : Hey Edwin i really appreciate your feedback on this piece. :arteest: OK so here goes my answer. Overall you got a strong point here. About the size of the wings i explained some post earlier. Here i copied text :
You may ask, how the hell he can walk on the ground with such huge wings. Well the answer is simple, he doesn't. He usually floats in the sky.
And his wings can actually dematerialize (transform into energy which is absorbed into a central sphere) if necessary, and then matearilize back into a solid state.
But even if he discards his wings he still moves by using his tails (similary to snake), not his legs.
You may ask why then the he have legs at all? Well, you can think of it as another set of weapons, or emergency backup :D
Also his wings are one oh his primary weapons and at the same time his greatest protection.

But about pose being har do read you're quite right, and i think i have solution for that. Right now its a black and dark gray shades because it's a basic shading stage, but in the finished version there will be a lot more tonal variation n' stuff + Closeups in Concept sheet / Modeling sheet and there will also be colors (although i know that in the concept sheet colors are not allowed). I just want to experiment a bit so it will be easier in the final illustration. Finall stage will be done in painter, the last touchups so to speak. :arteest: But about left arm... hmmm... i think you're right. I'll see what i can do about that.
Anyway i'll keep everything you said in mind, especially when working on the next pieces and final illustration.

~ Armand

Ferx
03-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Hey Armand,

Really great sketches and concept! The line art for your demon is really beautiful!! :D And the last update is awesome, the huge wings is a cool touch for sure! Again, great work and looking forward for more updates!! Cheers!! :beer:

aeonseraph
03-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Ferx : Thanks man, i'm really glad U like my stuff. :buttrock:
Btw, can't get these "silly bomb designs" of yours out of my head. :D
It's been a while since i saw something that stayed in my head for so long :D I think it's a good sign.

Here's a little something while i am still working on the final shading of the character. :arteest:
This is an updated version of Omnisferatu's Magical weapon : The eye of Omnisferatu.
Yeah i know, not very original title, but it is what it is. And this 'thing' is like a part of him rather than just a weapon.

Next update coming in the next few hours. So stay tuned. And good luck to U all! :beer:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090327_1200x1000_Magical_Weapo.jpg

aeonseraph
03-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Here goes today's update.
Well it's still not finished because i got distracted by some other things. But it's very near to completion. I also resized the wings a little bit. I will deal with the rest tomorrow.
Hope U like it. :beer:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090327_1200x1000_CG_Black.jpg

Ferx
03-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey Armand,

Great update! Like a lot the really giant size for Omnisferatu :D cool, and great design for the weapon. I guees that the sphere on the last sketch is the position of the weapon :D looks cool! Cant wait for more updates! Cheers!! :beer:

Nikolay
03-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Great idea. very detailed concept. :)

Soggyclog
03-28-2009, 06:00 AM
This is looking sweet! :)
I love how huge the wings are for once. Very impressive looking.

TuBui
03-28-2009, 06:21 AM
I really like the concept, accept for the HUGE wings, (of course IMO)
I love big wings, but this is wayyyyyy too big for his size. How is he gonna flap without loosing control.

Also, think about functionality. How does he fold his wings?

aeonseraph
03-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Ohayo gozaimasu :D

Yet another day has come. It's time to get back to work.
Today i am planning to finish up this piece, so tomorrow i can add final sketches and finish up the concept sheet. :arteest:

Ferx : Thanks mate, i'm happy to know that U still like my stuff. :buttrock: And yes the weapon is located between the wings where currently the black sphere is.
Nikolay : Hey thanks man, i appreciate that! :beer:
Soggyclog : I'm really glad U like the wings :D, for me it's one of the favourite parts of this character. I managed to make them exactly how i imagined them.

TuBui : I was wondering when someone would ask about the functionality of those wings, because they do seem static because of the lack of the joints. The answer is quite simple, his whole body is a fusion between organic and metalic (golem parts), and even the metal itself is somewhat organic. So it reacts to bending, flaping, moving etc. just like organtic parts would do.
Btw, he actually has a bonestucture, i'm planning to draw it tomorrow, then you'll see what i mean by all that.

And about flaping the wings... well it's also simple. Since he can manipulate gravity and othr forces of nature it's no problem for him to hold the balance. His source of energy is the central sphere in his belly, it is where also his spirit is located. So this is a centre of his balance. His body is more like a suit for his spirit. And the spirit itself is summoned from higher plne of existance.
And one more thing... he doesn't need to flap his wings unless he chooses to. Its because he levitates rather than acually flies. As i explained earlier his wings are more like a weapons and protection. For movement he uses his wings only to change directions (similary like birds are using their tails) or if he is in need to stop instantly. I hope i shed some light to your questions :beer:
Whoa, i really neet to learn to write shorter answers :D

AlexaSharlOt
03-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Vov finally you change wings size.

Ko tu domā darīt ar izskatu, jo viņš veljoprojām izskatās ne īpaši orgainisks, jo tās brūņas apsedz visu viņu ķermeni....???

Soggyclog
03-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah I want to say keep the huge wings cause they do look awesome... but on the other hand do you think that having them so big will force you to make the body very small on your final picture? Right now the body takes up only a small fraction of the image while the wings dominate the whole screen.

aeonseraph
03-28-2009, 09:38 AM
AlexaSharlOt : Kā jau teici šī problēma tiks atrisināta fināla krāsojuma etapā kur būs redzams kāds īsti ir materiāls no kā sastāv Omnisferatu ķermenis. Patreiz tas izskatās pēc vienkārša metāla, bet fināla variantā tas izskatīsies bik savādāk + būs dažādas fīčas kas piešķirs to organisko feelingu. Kā jau teicu man ir ideja kā šo problēmu atrisināt, ir tikai bik jāpagaida. No sākuma jāpabeidz pamata ēnojums. :)

Soggyclog : I see what U mean. But it's no problem. When i started on my entry i worked everything around in my head. I already have a composition sketch for my final illustration. I just haven't posted it yet because currently i am working on concept sheet.
In the final illustration wings won't be shown entirely. That is why the character in his full size will be shown in concept sheet and modeling sheet. Purpose of final illustration will be to capture and show the viewer the essence of the character. It will be a very dynamic image.
It will be the first time for me to do this kind of illustration. I would prefere to work on it right now but i need to hold back and do everything according to my schedule. Everything in it's own time :)

nellement
03-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Yes is great,I like the idea for the weapon

AlexaSharlOt
03-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Than is good :wip:

namnocilis
03-28-2009, 03:26 PM
its looking awesome with those wings and all.. also nice design for The eye of Omnisferatu
nothing to crit about.. just :buttrock::buttrock:

Yin-Shiuan
03-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Your concept design are so amazing!
How can like you that design a very precise concept art?
Very nice design! Good luck!:)

prabath
03-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Looking pretty solid so far Armand. The change in the wings works better. Keep up the great work.

Cheers!

solblomma
03-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Very nice. I really like the rendering style that you've used.

Keep up the good work!

BR,

Nicklas

aeonseraph
03-28-2009, 10:10 PM
namnocilis : I'm glad U like it :buttrock:
Yin-Shiuan : Thanks mate, i'm really hapy U like my style :beer: And good luck 2U2 :buttrock:
prabath : Thank U, i really appreciate that :beer:
solblomma : Hey Niklas thanks or stopping by, i'm really glad U like my style. :arteest: I checked out your website, really cool stuff U got there.:thumbsup:

And here goes today's update. Sorry it's still not finished. There are still some small things left to do, like the rings on Omnisferatu's tail + some shading tweaks. And right after the base shading is complete then goes the final stage, coloring in Painter. But that's for tomorrow then.
Cheers :beer:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090328_1200x1000_CG.jpg

TuBui
03-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Ohh I C, you have all this plan out already, thanks for explaining. Cool, cool, maybe later we will have our creature fight each other

aeonseraph
03-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Well that's my nature, before doing something i always plan everything out. Yeah, agreed, it would be great to see those two fight each other. :buttrock:

BTW... if i remember it correctly then there was a category where teams were allowed. where people up to 5 could join forces and create something. I just don't remember the specifics.

EDIT : I just checked out, it is only for 3D artists.

Silkcats
03-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Awesome concepts !! I really like the rendering of your work, It's amazing how clean you are, all the light shapes and colours very well organized. I reminds me of the work of Wong Jang (last year's 9th place in 2D category)

Keep up!! :) :beer:

Zephyri
03-29-2009, 03:21 PM
This concept is looking very cool, definitely has the kind of feel a lot of eastern artists produce. The eye for my liking is perhaps a little too big right now, it's detracting from the awesome design you have for the demonlord, especially given the glow will instantly focus the eye there, rather than on the demon. Love the long tails and the proportions of everything though, especially in comparison to the human figure, he's a whopper!

Looking forward to seeing how you're going to colour this guy up!

MartinNielsen
03-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Great work so far :) I agree that the eye seems very big compared to the rest of the character.

aeonseraph
03-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Silkcats : Thanks, i really appreciate that. :beer:
Zephyri : Thank U, i'm glad you like my character design. :beer:
About the seize of the eye i agree, i scaled it down a bit. But about the glow effect i was aware that it may take the focus. But when U try and look at the character from a distance then, by watching at the eye i still gives the feeling that It and the character is a whole, rather than two seperate things. At least i see it that way, and it was what i was going for. Actually this Eye is some sort of cocoon for some part his astral body. The story will reveal more details about it.
Anyway i think that the final wersion will balance things out. :arteest:

MartinNielsen : Thank mate :buttrock: I'm gla you like it. And yup, that is fixed now. I will post new version tomorrow. Today unfortunately i was busy with some other stuff. :cry:

lefoosh
03-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey, really like what you've got going on. wont mention the eye as i think everyone else has made that point.

i think you could move the camera in on the head and body, maybe have the viewpoint right in on a dynamic pose with the eye floating behind and exaggerating the overall silhouette, with the wings pointed into the corners to drag your eye into the center of the pic...?

Look forward to seeing what happens next!

LF

aeonseraph
03-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Thanks for comment. I'm really glad U like my stuff here. :D
About moving camera and making a dynamic pose, i explained that it's going to happen in final illustration. And i'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Today's update is coming soon...

kashivan
03-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Yo man!!!
very cool concept!

p.s. I observe of your demon! :twisted:

:thumbsup:

aeonseraph
03-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Yo! :D
Thanks i'm glad U like it. :beer:
I will post new update tomorrow. I just wanted to polish up same things before posting.
So continue to observe :twisted:

patdunal
03-31-2009, 03:58 AM
Very nice. Very clean concept work that looks amazing. Reminds me of Bahamut.

aeonseraph
03-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks mate, im glad U like it :beer:

Ok here goes today's first update. Here is the final version of base shading.
Next is some new concept ideas which may improve overall design. Also some new sketches coming up soon. :arteest:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090331_1200x1000_CG-1.jpg

vikramvr
03-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Beautiful work so far..

aeonseraph
03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks, i'm glad U like it. :beer:

Here are some new sketches.
This is the true form of Lord Omnisferatu... This is how he once looked before his transformation. Now this is his astral body that resides within this creature.

P.S.
I know it won't be used or anything, i just wanted to get it out of my system. :D
Although i have an idea how to integrate his astral body in the final illustration. But that's just a thought.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090331_1200x1000_Sketches_1.jpg

kashivan
03-31-2009, 03:02 PM
aeonseraph - YO o o o!
man - it is so COOooL !!
omg! very cool sketch! BIG BANG in my head x_x :buttrock::wip:

awesome!

Stutts
03-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Great work! it just keeps getting better and better!! Keep it up man

aeonseraph
03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
kashivan : Cool, i'm really glad U like it man! :buttrock:
Stutts : Thanks mate, i really appreciate that. :beer: I hope it will get even better. I aim to make him look really epic (especially in final illustration).

Here goes the latest update. I upgraded his magical weapon. Personally i think overall character looks better. What are your thoughts people? :beer:
Anyway i will polish it a bit more, and will put some colors into character. So stay tuned my friends. :arteest:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090331_1200x1000_CG-2.jpg

aeonseraph
04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi there folks. :buttrock:
Here goes the latest update.
There are still some things i want to polish up, like for an instance add more detail to the wings etc. I also wanted to colour this piece but i've decided to leave it as it is for now and polish it up + Colour it after i finish the modeling sheet and the final illustration. I'm already one day behind my schedule. So time is slowly running out and this version is very OK for the concept sheet i think. By my calculations i should have enough time to finish everything and have a spare time which can be used for final editing.
Today i want to complete the concept sheet so starting tomorrow i could move on to modeling sheet phase.
As always, comments are most welcome. :bowdown:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090401_1200x1000_CG.jpg

Stutts
04-01-2009, 06:04 PM
love the shading on the weapon it 's awesome! the shading over all is great for that matter. really good work. :buttrock: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

Eredhel
04-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Outstanding design, for me... one of the best thread until now. Looking foward to see more

kashivan
04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
TRUE!! INSANE DETAILS !!!

go go go, maaan !!!

:wip:

AlexaSharlOt
04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Baigās detaļas. :beer:

Izskatās, ka divas svarīgākās lietas tev tik ir priekšā.

GregStrangis
04-01-2009, 08:32 PM
SICK!, His true form is a bad ass character inside a bigger bad ass= ownage

aeonseraph
04-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Stutts : Thanks mate, i'm glad U like it :buttrock:
Eredhel : I'm glad U think so :beer:
kashivan : Thanks maan :buttrock: The same goes for your works too :arteest:
AlexaSharlOt : Nu skola jā, tas man ir noiets etaps. Bet tas nenozīmē ka man nav citu lieu ar ko nodarboties. Vnk tā ir sanācis ka patreiz bik ir brīvais laiks tapēc izmantoju katru dienu. Bet nevar jau zināt cik ilgi tā būs.
Aha palicis Modeling Sheet un Final Illustration. Nu un tad vēl stoorijs protams :D
GregStrangis : I'm really happy that U like it :beer:

And here goes my Concept Sheet. It was a bit tricky to make a composition but i think i did OK.
And now i can finally go to sleep. :D
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090402_1200x1000_Concept_Sh-1.jpg

AlexaSharlOt
04-02-2009, 04:29 AM
Malacis ar pedejo :beer:

Gan jau, ka bus tas laiks gan tev, gan man. Pffhhh story tev nav ne kāda problēma uzmeistarot.

aeonseraph
04-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Prieks ka patīk :D
Nu es jau ar ceru ka būs tas laiks.

aeonseraph
04-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Hello ppl. ^__~V

I just wanted to inform U that the next update will be coming sometime this week.
Originally it would be today or tomorow, but i have a job offer which at the moment i can't refuse. But it's okay, no worries, i will still make everything in time :)

Take care.
~ Armand

DeadInTheAttic
04-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Especially the size of the wings. In most cases people pick wings far to small to lift their creatures. Looks like air superiority ;)

aeonseraph
04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks mate, i'm glad U like it :buttrock:

Gyorkland
04-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Amazing as I expected truly great!!

aeonseraph
04-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Gyorkland : Thanks, I'm glad that i didn't dissappoint you :beer:

Ok here goes the first update for my Modeling Sheet. For now there is Front view + Back view. Sometime later i will finish up the rest. I put quick lights n' shadows. I probably will work on the shading a bit more after all of the views will be finished. But i need to keep it simple. Because for modeling sheet i think it's better if it is as clear as possible.
I also made some adjustments to character design to make him look more organic. Every change made in modeling sheet will be later applied to Concept Sheet. :arteest:
White parts are armor, the dark gray are organic parts. Offcourse his armor won't be white, i made him look like this for you to better understand what is what and what is where :D
And the X mens cross-section.

Well, that's it for today.
Good luck to U all people,

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090404_1200x1000_Modeling_Shee.jpg

Niall
04-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Last time i almost made something like this too, lol, but i already change the idea :P
nice concept dude, it reminds me of bahamut, but with bigger wing, and bigger circle on the back, cant wait for more update

NavigatorJones
04-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Oh oh I love this, reminds me of Bahamut xD!!!

Lol looks like I'm not the only one who thinks so!

aeonseraph
04-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Niall : Thanks mate. i'm glad U like it :buttrock:
NavigatorJones : Thanks

Right after reading these lines i made a turbo sketch with new concept, or rather the upgraded one. :D I hope it will somehow lesser the Bahamut-ish look. It is also my new idea for final illustration. :arteest: I know i wanted a very dynamic piece, but it is supposed to be the winning pose not the action scene. But still after the contest i will make that illustration anyways. If this doesn't change anything, then here's what i have to say...

Some time ago I decided to make my personal art for my own pleasure and if there's at least one person who likes my works, then i think it was well worth the effort. As for others, well i am not bothered by their opinions anymore...(Not that i don't care, don't misunderstand me) it's just that i keep in mind only the constructive critique which helps to improve the work or the style etc. And it's impossible fo fit everyone's taste.

About contest, i actually don't care which place i will take or if i will take any place at all. I can't force anyone to like my works. ^^ And if the judges will think that my works are crap then so be it. I really don't care. :D This contest for me isn't about winning, it is about participating and experimenting, trying out new style, perhaps finding one in the process. I kind of like my last concept and my intuition tells me to go with it, so the sketch bellow is the final version. I will apply all of the changes to Concept Sheet and Modeling Sheet and that's it. I hope :) Offcourse if anyone has any suggestions or some constructive critique that can help to improve overall look of the character, bring it on. :buttrock:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090406_New_Concept.jpg

Notes about the image:

» The big hands is a projection of the part oh his astral body, so are the chains.
» Astral parts consists from pure energy, so it will be glowy-transparent stuff.
» Why there are chains? Well it's a symbolic representation that the soul of Omnisferatu is imprisoned within this gigantic creature's body.
» Chains that go throught the wings are connected to his hands, not the floating rings around them. I'm not too sure about the rings btw.
» The thing on his chest is his true that has partially emerged on the surface.
» The strange shaped piece of rock above him is the temple where resides the clan of sorcerers that summoned him into this body. They are the true puppetmasters who control his abilities by controlling creatures body. But how long can they keep him this way? ;]
» The little dots on the piece of rock bellow are the remains of the army that stood against Omnisferatu and now are facing their final judgement. I put them there sa a comparison.
» Yes the action is taking place far up in the sky.
» Why there are so many flying stones around him? Well one of his abilities is total controll over the gravity and matter... and the rocks are used as a projectiles if needed.
» Size of the wings will be larger, like the ones in the Concept Sheet.

The thing that worries me here is that it may seem a bit too symetrical. Perhaps i should try a different perspective. What is your opinion?
Hmmm... anyway i need to finish up the Modeling Sheet first, and also need to update the Concept Sheet before moving forward.

EDIT : I removed most of the previous text, because, what's the point of it anyway :D My brains isn't working properly today. XD perhaps that's because i did't have a chance to sleep yet XD I'm in my zombie state today... arrrgh

nikostoyanov
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Nice work there, mate! I'll be looking forward to seeing more stuff from you! :thumbsup:

aeonseraph
04-07-2009, 11:52 AM
suricactus : Thanks mate, i'm really glad U like my stuff :beer:
Here goes the Front view sketch of the redesigned Omnisferatu. This is the version without tails, wings and magical weapon. I think i finally managed to get rid of the mechanical-like look. I aimed for more ancient-godlike-type look :)

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090407_MS_Front_View_W-600-1.jpg

Yin-Shiuan
04-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Very very like your image layout! :eek:That's so powerful!
Your latest sketch are very cool for me. I very expect your colorization stage.:bounce:

nellement
04-07-2009, 12:48 PM
wow new concept is epic great job

aeonseraph
04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Yin-Shiuan : Thanks mate, i really appreciate that :beer:
nellement : Thanks, it means a lot to me. :buttrock: As i said sometime in the beginning i was planning to make a really epic character. Well i hope that now i am on the right path :)

P.S.
I just had idea about how the final illustration should look like.
In the end i decided to go with the dynamic one, but not the one i originally was planning.
Here is a rough composition thumb i did in about 5 minutes. :arteest:
I hope you folks can understand what is going on there. :D

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090407_FI_Composition_Thumb_W-.jpg

AlexaSharlOt
04-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Man patīk modeļa dizains, bet visā visumā kaut, kas ir par daudz tik neteikšu, kas. Gan jau sapratīsi kāpēc es šajā lietā klusēšu. ;)

aeonseraph
04-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Jā jā saprotu jau saprotu, konkurējošie forumi :D

And here goes the Back View sketch.
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090407_MS_Back_View_W-600.jpg

aeonseraph
04-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey guys check out what i just noticed! :D
I think i'm going to work on this funny idea :arteest:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090407_Rough_Sketching.jpg

The temple design will be the top of the insignia
Dragons will be circling around The Eye
And i will change wing design a little bit, to make the right impression ;)
And also will think something about the tails... it's cool coincidence that Omnisferatu has 3 tails and the insignia has 4 stripes... it means 2 stripes for the head tails and 2 stripes for the body tail, cool. :bounce: I'll get right on it :applause:
Damn i wish i would saw this earlier :D
It's like Omnisferatu was born to carry out our team's insignia :D But i swear i didn't intend it that way.

P.S.
sorry for the double post.

kashivan
04-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Yooo!!!
amazing!

ппц ты жжош! Слежу за темкой твоей! Go Go Go !!! =)
война кипит!)

aeonseraph
04-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks maaaan :buttrock:

Взаимно Иван, мой тоже следит за твой темка :beer:

aeonseraph
04-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Here's how far i got for now. :arteest:
Wings | Dragons | Tails and Hands i will finish up later.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090407_MS_W-800.jpg

Stutts
04-07-2009, 08:50 PM
NICE!:bowdown:

Good stuff man! Good stuff!

Keep it up!:beer: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

KtfFang
04-08-2009, 04:36 AM
You give us hope. Keep it up, mate!

aeonseraph
04-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Stutts : Thanks maan :beer:
KtfFang : Thanks mate, I'm glad U think so :buttrock:

Ok, finally... finally i've done it, the final concept is complete. I really hope you'll like it.
This monstrosity was a real challenge to me... the Finall illustration will be even bigger challenge. Original size of this piece is huge 8000x8000 pixels (originally scanned as 600 dpi then reduced to 300dpi). Everything is drawn on A3 lists part by part :D I know i am a maniac XD
Now what's left to do is to make a side view, some closeups and shading. The next update i believe will be the 95% finished Modeling Sheet and a bit later a 95% finished Concept Sheet (That's because since then i did a lot of changes to a character). The rest 5 % for both is the shading which i will make after the final illustration is more or less completed.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090408_MS_W-800.jpg

Ok and now i need to get back to my work. Man gotta eat too you know. I already have 2 projects on the row. :D
Comments are most wellcome.

Good luck everybody. :beer:

AlexaSharlOt
04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Looks epic, I hope that final illustration will be biger epic.

Yin-Shiuan
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Wow! How can I say? Your concept design are so terrible!:thumbsup:
I really like your insignia design! Ha ha! That's cool!:cool:

GregStrangis
04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Holy shit looks awesome man! Only thing I would crit is I would love to see the main guy closer as he loses so much detail being so tiny but otherwise rock on man!

aeonseraph
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
AlexaSharlOt : Ui tas bij ļoti sen un to noteikti rakstīja kāds cits Armands :D
Yin-Shiuan : Thanks man i'm glad U like it :beer:
GregStrangis : Thank U so much :buttrock: And yeah i was waiting for someone to say that. :D
I agree at the current stage it's hard to get the character, but when everything will be shaded then it'll be different. :arteest:
Here i put some tonal variations for U to better see the detail. :)

P.S.
Don't be shy, keep those comments rollin' :deal:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090408_MS_W-800-1.jpg

About the details... i've chosen this insane level of details because i am intending to order a giant poster with final illustration which will be decorating my wall. And the other reason... well i just like to make my life a little more difficult than it already is :D

tokaru
04-08-2009, 05:19 PM
wow thats is freaking cool design dude it seams the kind of godish guy that could destroy a planet with a simple eye blinking.

BaronImpossible
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Very nice design, good impression of power. Wings are great although I do like the ones on the previous concept better. My only crit with this one is that the hands are a little too birdlike and delicate.

aeonseraph
04-08-2009, 09:11 PM
tokaru : Thank U a lot, and you guessed it right. :D Omnisferatu's main powers are complete control over gravity, matter, magnetism, atmosphere, and various types of energies including cosmic. If he is located ON the planet then his powers are limited on global scale because he drains his power from the planet, but if he is in outer space his source of power is Cosmos itself.
Therefore one of his most destructive abilities is the complete annihilation of the solar system. He can do it by disrupting planetary orbital course and then change the trajectory of the planets and collide all of them into the sun, or by transforming the sun into a supermassive black hole. If he creates a black hole he has nothing to worry about because his body is immune to it's effects. Especielly since he can manipulate these kinds of energies. :) Motivation behind this apocalyctic event is quite simple... after this event he can absorb the souls of the planets. The soul of the planet carries the blueprint of the life and a massive amount of inormation and genetic + energetic codes. This is how Omnisferatu evolves. This is how he got these abilities in the first place. Little by little after each destruction he gains more and more abilities, and is practically unstopable... But something happened and the story will reveal what exactly, and will tell his origins and how he came to be.

BaronImpossible : Thanks for stopping by Simon. I really appreciate that. I'm glad u like my concept. :bowdown: About the hands... U mean the characters hand's, not the big ones? I agree that they do look bird-like, i actually was going for something of that type. Hmmm... perhaps i will work on them a bit more so they don't look too delicate.

DDS
04-08-2009, 10:33 PM
nuts!! dude I love the omniscent god like present of all your designs. This is definitely the kind of stuff I'd love to do in 3D, too bad we can't share concepts!

aeonseraph
04-09-2009, 03:32 AM
Hey Albert thanks a lot maaan! :buttrock: I'm Sooo glad U think that.
I remember first seeing your works in last years DW. Your designs and the overall quality of your models is total awesomeness. And your DW4 entry is insane! I wish i could do 3D like that, but for me it would take too much time to learn, and i would need even more powerful machine than the one i already have. :D
About this piece, yeah i really wish there would be some 3D artist who would dare to take this challenge and render this character. It would be totally awesome to see it in 3D.

Perhaps after this challeng is over we can make a collab? :deal: That is if your're interested offcourse.

Anyway good luck to U mate! :beer:

GaeasHerald
04-09-2009, 03:35 AM
My sweet lord, this creature is amazing! I can't believe the amount of detail put into this last sketch. It will surely become a wicked poster.

Boonchee
04-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Cool design , Clean and Neat :applause: can`t wait to see your final :applause: GAMBATEH!!!

aeonseraph
04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
GaeasHerald : Thanks , i'm glad U like it. :buttrock: About the details n' stuff... It's my nature to ask from my self the impossible and push my limits beyond, as in my opinion this is the only real way how i can really improve my skills as an artist. And contests just like this is the best way to do that. I will put everything i got in this piece. First of all to show myself of what i am truly capable of. :D

Boonchee : Domo arigato, i'm glad U like this one :beer: I will start to work on the final very very soon.

nellement
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Keep rocking man,great job so far

Leonard_Washington
04-09-2009, 05:45 PM
nice design and idea. it's really coming along.

kashivan
04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
aeonseraph - Ooohhh!
You have started something "big deal"! Maannn!! :buttrock:

Keep! Keep! Keep it UP!
Do not stop!! :wip:

aeonseraph
04-09-2009, 06:47 PM
nellement : Thanks mate, i'm glad U are still interested :buttrock: And I will, i just need to to do some other work. As i said, i also am working on two projects. So you can imagine... 2 projects + contest with insane character... so it's pure madness for me right now XD I get to sleep maximum 4 hours a day, and that is MAXIMUM XD But i'll get thru this no matter what.
Leonard_Washington : Thank U, i'm glad you like it. :beer:
kashivan : Heeeyyy thanks maan :buttrock: I'm glad U think so :beer: And i won't stop even if someone would put the gun to my head because this year i want to FINISH my entry! :D

P.S.
Next update will be tomorrow. Hopefully it will be 90% finished Modeling Sheet. :arteest:

xRaZx
04-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Looking great! Its very detailed now and I love the way you incorporated the logo into your design. I had been debating replacing the floating ring on my valkyrie with the logo, but you beat me to it, hahaha. Good stuff, and good luck with all your work. I feel you on the workload thing. I've got finals here at art school that will be due right around the same time as this stuff... there will be many sleepless nights. Cheers for energy drinks, lol.

DanielCortes
04-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Armand: Simply amazing , I don’t know what your on, but if it has negative side affects, it’s totally worth it. Really it’s looking great. On a personal level, I think it’s a little crowded, I don’t say it with authority on the subject because I know it’s more of a personal taste for me, and some people just love it like it is.
I do think if there is something you could do to connect the viewer with your character, or have something that catches the attention, something that draws you in over everything ells. Dose it make sense? If it doesn’t work out it’s not a bad thing because you have loads of things to make up for it, but that’s one thing I’ve been noticing, if it’s of any use, and thanks for dropping by the other day, good stuff. Have a good one bro. :beer:

aeonseraph
04-10-2009, 06:28 AM
xRaZx : Thanks Raz, i really appreciate that :buttrock: And awesome concept U got there. :thumbsup: Yeah, i remember i used to drink those energy drings in situations like these quite often just to keep me awake long enough to finish a work. But now i avoid them because they are very bad for health. I use coffe instead, which is not that effective but is OK :D Well then i think both of us need a good luck :D May the gods of fortune be on our side :beer:

live2contage : Thanks Daniel, and no problem. I often check out other peoples entries and if i have some free time i usually try to post comments with some ideas. It's my intention to help people as much as i can for i want our forum to win as much places as possible. I think all of us here feel the same way.
About the details of this piece... well as i said sometime before... it's more like a challenge for me and also it will be a huge poster which will be decorating my wall. :D About catching viewers attention to character... well i intend to do that with my final illustration :arteest: But thanks for your feedback, i will keep that in mind.

And good luck to you too bro! :beer:

P.S. i still have some work left to do but the update will definately come today.

g3p
04-10-2009, 07:38 PM
or do not know where to start ... just saw your work now and I found it really impressive. the organization, details, the shaders in the rendering of the image ... in fact all incredible and I am very to see more.

congratulations!

DanielCortes
04-11-2009, 12:29 AM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/Hoobastankm69/84.jpg
try drinking mate and a little coca leaves and you can work all night :scream:
all the best bro, and don't doubt for a second that great masters of times past are here to help us. chau amigo

aeonseraph
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
g3p : thanks mate, i'm glad u like it :buttrock:
live2contage : Gracias amigo! :bowdown: And yeah your're probably right about drinking and coca leaves :D

Here is a little update. I am still busy with work, but i will finish up the modeling sheet today for sure. So stay tuned ppl. :buttrock:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090411_Omnisferatu_MS.jpg

DTRAN
04-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I just saw your latest update....EPIC! I love how you incorporated the dragons from the logo into you character as a design. Very sweet ass design overall. Love it! Keep it going!

aeonseraph
04-12-2009, 06:08 PM
DTRAN : Thanks mate :buttrock: , i really apreciate your thoughts on this matter. :bowdown:

Sorry for the delay folks... busy busy with works. :banghead: Here goes the almost-completed Concept Sheet and Modeling Sheet. About the colorscheme... it's temporary... after the Final Illustration is complete i will know which colours will be right.
I will work on the shading for concept sheet sometime later. For modeling Sheet i still need two viewpoints for Full body of Omnisferatu. I hope to make them in the coming hours, but most likely they'll be finished tomorrow. And then... THEN i will FINALLY be able to proceed with my illustration :D:arteest:

95% Completed Concept Sheet:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090412_1200x1000_Concept_Sh-1.jpg

90% Completed Modeling Sheet:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090412_1200x1000_Modeling_S-1.jpg

ArtPotato
04-13-2009, 09:04 PM
wow! I love the epic feel of this piece! great balance with detail too. Keep up the good stuff

Xidon
04-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Woooo nice coming along mighty fine

kashivan
04-14-2009, 02:35 PM
aeonseraph - masterpiece!
cool collection of the sketches!
go go! :beer:

aeonseraph
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Darkra : Thanks mate, i'm really glad U think so :buttrock:
Xidon : Thank you Benjamin, i really appreciate your thoughts on this one. :bowdown:
kashivan : Thanks bro :buttrock: Go go 2U2 man :beer:

Sorry guys for my absence these days, i'm sill busy with work. I don't even have a time to check out these new awesome updates of my favourite artists here. I'm planning to do something at the weekend. :arteest:

BaronImpossible
04-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Great look to that concept sheet!!

walrus
04-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Really beautiful design work so far! Good luck with the final painting! :thumbsup:

numabrush
04-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Hey man, a little off topic, but I really like the way you are setting up your concept and modeling sheets. Like the 'details' section at the bottom and all of that! I don't do a lot usually to help present my work so I don't have many ideas on presentation. THUS I think its really cool when people come up with neat ways to present! Nice work!

AlienKing
04-15-2009, 04:07 AM
Damn, your stuff's awesome dude, looking forward to see the final piece.

vikramvr
04-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Thats pretty awesome. Just one comment though. The concept and turntable sheets can do with some contrast. Right now, Everything is blue, and the viewer cannot focus his eye on one particular detail. Also, some mention on the materials on the character would be great. No comments on the character as such. That is stunning.

DanielCortes
04-15-2009, 11:28 AM
I agree on the concept and mold sheets, but besides that its just impeccable work. I try to pace myself with people like you but your ruthless, I think I need more coca leaves and mate, all the best for your final illustration.
just a thought, looking at you other work I noticed you have a very clean style, witch fits in perfectly with your art. I was thinking it would be cool if you try and give it a painterly look this time as it would give your art style an amazing contrast, because you normally don't see that combination. anyhow just an idea, all the best bro! :beer:

Maxter
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
That looks amazing!... like the design and color scheme you use in the concept/modeling sheets. Great work man! Keep it up!:thumbsup:

aeonseraph
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
OMG, thank U SO much for your support ppl. Your comments give me a lot of inspiration to continue my work. :bowdown:
And by my calculations i should be able to finish up the Modeling Sheet and finally get started on my Final Illustration sometime at Saturday or Sunday. :arteest:

BaronImpossible : It's always good to see you stopping by Simon. :beer: And thanks mate, i'm really glad U like my Concept Sheet. :buttrock:
walrus : Thanks Michael, i'm glad U like it. I would love to see you on CGS side this year too but hey it doesn't really matter, because it doesn't change the fact that your stuff is still amazing as always. :buttrock: And good luck 2U2 mate :beer:
numabrush : Hey Matthew, just checked out your blog... and i must say i really love your style. Very impressive works. :thumbsup: I'm sure you will do great in this contest. And thank U for noticing that, as i said sometime before i will put everything i got in this piece, and what you see here is not even a half of what i'm really capable of, i'm saving my strenght for my final illustration. But anyway my goal is to make my entry as good as i possibly can from every aspect. And that includes the presentation too, so i'm really happy about your comment.
AlienKing : Thanks mate, i'm glad you think so :D
vikramvr : Thank U Vikram. U have a point here, i will definately do something about it. But only after the Final Illustration is complete, because i will have to finish both of the sheets anyway. And i'm glad u like my character :beer:
live2contage : Thanks Daniel, i'm glad u still like my stuff. About your advice... well this year i actually wanted to create a dynamic almost photorealistic piece. I've already started my work on the background for my illustration. Background itself will be a matte painting, but i will try and avoid using too many reference photos and will try and make everything on my own.
But i will definately keep what you said in mind and will experiment with some of my new works after this contest ends.
Maxter : Thank U Fabio, same goes for U, i'm really looking forward how your character will turn out to be. Good luck mate :beer:

This is so exciting, so many cool artists this year! I'm really looking forward to see the outcome of this year's DW.

Stutts
04-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Awesome! I can't wit to see the Final it's going to rock! :buttrock:

DDS
04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
this-is-insanity. Are you planning for a painterly picture in the beauty render, or you'll keep your conceptual madness?

keep rockin dude!

aeonseraph
04-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Stutts : Thank U, i'm glad you think so :buttrock:
DDS : As i said i am aiming for a photorealistic (as much as possible) action scene, we'll see how it will turn out in the end XD It'll be quite a challenge. And thanks mate, same back to U :beer:

P.S.
Today i need to finish up a project so tomorrow i can get back to my beastie - Omnisferatu. :arteest:

DanielCortes
04-17-2009, 09:27 PM
its is a good a time ass any to push to the limit, I think you'll come up with something new to your style and I salute you for that, all the best on your work. :beer:

DanielCortes
04-21-2009, 10:25 AM
hey bro, are we going to get to watch your WIP or are you going to keep us at the edge of our chair (figuratively speaking, claro), I would really like to see your process, its always a learning expereance. keep it up bro, see you around :D

AlexaSharlOt
04-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Sveicu tevi !!!
Apsveicu tevi vārdadienā un drīzumā tuvojušos dzimšanasdienā.
Ceru, ka labi pavadīsi laiku vai jau pavadi, vai jau pavadiji (kad proti izlasīsi komentu).

live2contage-dont worried he have party, I think so.

aeonseraph
04-22-2009, 04:33 PM
live2contage : Thanks mate :beer: . About the next update, well, there have been some delay because i really have a lot going on right now, but it won't affect the result. That i can promise, i will finish my entry for sure. It's just a little setback that's all. I simply need to finish up those two projects and then i will be free to finish up my DW4 entry. I'm almost done with my works.

I actually have something i could post but i won't because what's the point in posting a little bits. I will make a bigger update instead. So stay tuned.

AlexaSharlOt : Thanks Alexa :), and no i am not celebrating anything, i simply have no time for that right now.

VictorRojo
04-23-2009, 12:47 PM
really pro work ! your work is higher! :)

aeonseraph
05-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi there my fellow troops. Well i just wanted to inform you that no, i didn't abandon you, it's just that it was a crazy period these days, a lot of work, but it's almost over. Tomorrow or day after tomorrow i will finally be able to get back to Omnisferatu. There will be no more interruptions and i will be free to finish up my entry. Starting next couple days there will be a LOT more updates coming from me. :)

But until then, bye, and good luck everybody. :beer:

P.S.
VictorRojo : Thank U Victor, i'm glad u think so. :beer:

DanielCortes
05-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I was about to ask... so It's good to know. I'll be here first thing tomorrow, see ya bro :beer:

DanielCortes
05-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I gave you a couple days, hmmm don't let us down, we need you man. Hope to see something soon.

FrozZT
05-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah man, Let's finish this! 48 hour extention!! Hope you find the motivation.. :)

-Niklas

aeonseraph
05-05-2009, 04:34 PM
live2contage : Sorry bout this delay, but don't worry i am now working on final illustration at my fullest speed. :)
FrozZT : Oh i have absolutely no problem with motivation :beer:

Fortunately there are no more distractions so now i can concentrate all of my attention to my DW Entry. I also made a playlist of inspirational music that is helping me to set the mood for the illustration lol XD.

Later this evening there will be a HUGE update, and believe me when i say... It was worth the wait. :arteest:
I have NEVER done illustration this complex in my entire life. Offcourse i planned it to be epic, but i never imagined it will turn out like this. It's insane, i just hope i will manage to coulour it as i imagined until the deadline bell rings. Anyway as i said sometime earlier there will be two versions... one for the contest which will be a cropped/edited version of the original-fullsized-illustration.
I will continue to work on the Original version even after the contest ends.
Original illustration will feature about 30 characters from my story + aircraft & aerial battlescenes and some other stuff ;) In the original version there will also be some suprise included, people who were following my last year's entry will know what the surprise is.
Ok, enough teasing, back to work. :D

And good luck everybody. :beer:

P.S.
Starting today there will be daily updates, no more delays.

aeonseraph
05-05-2009, 08:42 PM
OK, here goes todays update. I wanted to work on it some more before posting but that would mean that i could post todays update only tomorrow and yeah, it would be yet another delay. :D But no, enough of these XD
What you see here is final composition sketch. But it's nothing compared to how it will look in the end if everything will go as planned. In the process many things will change but they won't afect the basic composition o the illustration. Yes characters at the footer / header are the older sketches i did some years ago. At the moment i simply made a temporary composition collage in that section so i could see where this is going and how it should look. I will re-draw / re-design each character after the contest ends and i continue my work on the original version of this piece. In the central section however everything will be new-made so i don't brake any rules, although in original version central section may change more or less, time will tell. Note about the cities, they will chage a lot... and at the moment it's a bit hard to tell what exactly is going on there, but tomorrow you will get a clearer picture. :D Aircraft also will go through some drastic changes.
Whatever are the results, one thing i know for sure, this illustration will be the best piece i have made so far. :)

Tomorrow i plan to finish up all sketches and finally start the colouring works. About the coloring... As i said previously... Originally i was/still am going for photo realistic look, but i doubt that i will make that look in such short period of time. Anyway, even if i don't i will push as far as i can and then reach my goal afterwards while working on my Original/Poster version.

The original composition thumb i posted earlier:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090407_FI_Composition_Thumb_W-.jpg

Final Composition sketch:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090505_Final_Illustration_BG_W.jpg

cirus5555
05-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Ive said it before but I have to say it again your work is fantastic really brilliant. :)

PeterBraeley
05-06-2009, 05:29 AM
insane thread!! really enjoying on how everything is coming together and can't to see what's next.

Phill99
05-06-2009, 06:45 AM
looking good! Cant wait to see the final image. Keep it up

DanielCortes
05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
beautiful, this will truly be an impressive piece. My first reaction was wow thats insane, then I almost started to cry think of how soar rear is going to be by the time you actually make this look photo real. I congratulate you on your bravery, this is truly madness. keep it up :beer:

Stutts
05-06-2009, 01:53 PM
All I can say is AWESOME! Great work! Keep it up man

aeonseraph
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
cirus5555 : Thanks mate, i'm glad U like it :)
PeterBraeley : Thank U Peter :buttrock:
Phill99 : Thanks, I sure will, thanks mate! :arteest:
live2contage : Thank U Daniel, i'm really happy U think think so. :beer:
Stutts : Hey thanks Joshua :buttrock:

And here is the completed lineart of the background. More updates coming today so stay tuned. :)

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090506_Final_Illustration_BG_W.jpg

MR
05-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Looks promising...
But why you have a "contest-size"? In the rules it`s written up to 1200px wide and 1000px hight. You don`t have to paint in this exact size... It could also be 1000 high and just 600 wide for example...
All the best :beer:

aeonseraph
05-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks bro. :beer: About the size - the full size (A1 - 300dpi) illustration will be a poster which will decorate my wall. The contest size (1200w x 1000h pixels - 350k) is what i will post as my entry for DW4. I understand that i can make a smaller sized image but then it would be hard to see the details i will put in this piece.

MR
05-06-2009, 03:09 PM
ah ok... then it`s clear!! :) Cheers

aeonseraph
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Here goes the next update. :beer:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090506_Final_Illustration_B-1.jpg

ChaosShannon
05-07-2009, 09:06 AM
I like the way your final work is coming. The position of your character is great, I can not wait to see what color you are going to place on it!:bounce:

ChaosShannon
DWIV (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=282&t=746158&page=1&pp=15)

dmightyone
05-08-2009, 06:13 AM
superb man! really like your style and really love this character! great work!

aeonseraph
05-08-2009, 09:01 PM
ChaosShannon : Thanks mate i'm glad U like it :buttrock:
dmightyone : Thanks :beer:

Here is the latest update from me. Sorry for delay, i just wanted to work on it a bit more before posting, i still do but ok, here goes. :D There is still tons of work ahead. :arteest: It's the first shading stage of this illustration, there are also some minor composition adjustments. No the illustration won't be B&W, i'm just trying out a different aproach (first shading, then the actual colourscheme) that's all. :) I was really stressed yesterday, because i felt like i won't make it in time AGAIN, but fortunately i found out that the deadline has been moved to may 18. These are great news, especially for people like me who besides the contest are also working. I lost two weeks because of that, so now i really have to speed things up.
I hope you'll like the current version.
In next update i will finally put some colours.

C&C are most wellcome so don't be shy and say what you think. ;)
Good luck everybody, let's kick some asses ppl! :beer:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090508_Final_Illustration_BG_W.jpg

ShogunWarrior
05-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Hey Armand,

Your character is looking crazy! I haven't seen it in color yet and you are keeping us up from the suspense. Good sketch and imagination..one of the bests i have seen so far. we only have 9 days left so gl to you man.

yakonusuke
05-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Damn, very epic scene. :)
I'm curious bout the colors and final.

DanielCortes
05-12-2009, 06:58 PM
theres not much for me to C&C on your work is solid as a rock. your not even half way done and its look very promising, it was worth the wait. keep working hard there isn't much time, hope to see around soon bro, take care :D

AlexaSharlOt
05-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi dude !

Kur tu esi pazudis ?

Ataulfo
05-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Great work.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

aeonseraph
05-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Hello ppl, ^__~V

I'm a maniac, i've been working like crazy these past days (almost without any sleep at all XD) and here is what i have at the moment. The BG colours are not final, they will be adjusted, corrected etc. in the final stage.
Background now is more or less how i imagined it, offcourse i will improve it in the process, but my main objective starting tomorrow is the character who will have many improvements. :arteest:
I hope U'll like the current version.

Good luck everybody!!!

ShogunWarrior : Thanks mate, i'm glad u think so :buttrock:
yakonusuke : Thanks Jakob :bowdown:
live2contage : I'm glad i didn't disappointed U :beer:
AlexaSharlOt : Hi. Tepat vien esmu.
Ataulfo : Thanks man :buttrock:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090513_Final_Illustration_W-80.jpg

Stutts
05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
:bowdown:WOW!:bowdown: well worth the wait man this is one epic piece Good work dude!

kashivan
05-13-2009, 08:23 PM
aeonseraph - yooo!!! man!very cool !!! :bowdown:

:beer::wavey:

dmightyone
05-14-2009, 12:56 AM
again that's great, the background looks real! really wish the rules didnt restrict the resolution to a horizontal canvas, so you could submit the entire piece. anyways keep it up man, looking forward to seeing the final piece

Sylfah
05-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Thank you for your comment in my thread.It's really useful.

Wow!Your character and background looks really great.So many details you've got. Cool work!!

ChaosShannon
05-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Wow this is amazing Like the style and your character... Can not wait to see the end products...

ChaosShannon
DWIV (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5864798#post5864798)

aeonseraph
05-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Hii there, :buttrock:

I just wanted to let you know that i'm still working on the final illustration... i planned to post an update today with the current progress, but changed my mind since tomorrow i will be able to post a fully completed piece along with updated/finished Concept Sheet + Modeling Sheet + Story Image. I think that you'll be quite surprised about the final look of the illustration, especially about the final look of the Omnisferatu ;]
I'm glad that this year i'll be able to finish up my entry. :arteest:

Stutts : Thanks mate, i really appreciate that :beer:
kashivan : Yooo thanks maan :buttrock: :beer:
dmightyone : Thank U. ^^ Well even if i could post the full illustration i'm not sure i would, because of the small resolution the viewer wouldn't be able to see most of the details and the illustration would lose to deliver the right impression. That's why it's fine by me that i must crop it. :)
Sylfah : No prob, i'm glad i could be of any help to you, and thanks :D
ChaosShannon : Thanks dude, i'm glad U like it :beer:

Silkcats
05-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Amazing job man!! Epic!! :thumbsup:

:beer:

OKMER
05-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Great work Armand.
Although right now for me the pic is a bit too busy and so a bit hard to read, you did a amazing clean job here man.
And I know you only have to do the final tweaking.
Hope you'll get there this year!
gogogo.

All the best,
Remko

aeonseraph
05-19-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm furious... this is yet another epic failure!!! :banghead:
Despite the fact that i worked hard day an night on this piece (almost without the sleep) i still didn't finish it up in time, actually it is only about 90% completed. I was so sure i will make it, but when the deadline hours came closer and close my head went to complete STOP-mode, which means i couldn't think of anything, i couldn't even draw a single line. I sat in front of the monitor and just looked at the picture like a dumb zombie, well i guess it's not only because of the deadline but also because of these sleepless nights. I would have succeeded if only i hadn't lose two weeks because of the work. Actually i needed only one extra day to complete my entry. I am so disappointed in myself right now, i put so much effort in this year's DW and for what? I'm pretty sure this was the last time i tried to participate in this contest.
I will finish this illustration and the CS / MS and story image anyway. My new aim is to get at least the CGChoice Award with the final version of this piece, but for now i need to cool my head off and get some sleep.

Congratulations to everybody who actually finished their entries, i'm really happy for you ppl. So many impressive works this year. :thumbsup:
I hope you'll like this piece at it's current stage.

C'ya

P.S.
Silkcats : Thanks bro! :beer:
OKMER : Hey Remko, it's nice that you stopped by. :buttrock: I'm really glad U like this piece, and yeah it sure is a bit busy but i kind of like it this way. But i will try to do something about it later, right now i really need to get some rest.

EDIT : I just found out that there is a 12 hour extension. Perhaps i still have a chance to make things right.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090518_Final_Illustration_W-80.jpg

DDS
05-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Still looking badass!!! I hope you submit, we need your amazingness on this war :)

Sylfah
05-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Keep working. Don't discourage.You still have more time. Do your best fight! Fight!

Wait to see your great complete work.:)

tokaru
05-19-2009, 12:39 PM
dude this looks so sweet you need to finish this one. good look

AlexaSharlOt
05-19-2009, 04:46 PM

Lab, lai tev veicās un vis būtu čikeniekos. Ceru, ka žūrijai patiks un ka tev pašam patīk savs darbs, jo galvenais lai pašam patīk.

dmightyone
05-19-2009, 08:52 PM
really hope u made it in time! even if you didnt, dont be discouraged, you should be proud of yourself for such a great piece of work! cheers!

aeonseraph
05-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi there guys...

Thank you all for the encouragement, it means a lot to me. :bowdown:
Well, even the 12 hour extension was not enough to finish up my entry. I guess i'm just too exhausted, that's all. Well... i got over it, i accepted my failure :) As they say, every cloud has a silver lining and in this case what matters the most is what i gained in the process of making this illustration. It was a great experience, i learned a lot about myself and what i can do, this was also a good chance for experimentation. And as i said before, i will finish my entry no matter what, just to see how it would look like in the end if only i had enough time and energy to make things right. So this thread will continue to live even after the contest ends, there will be more updates in future. However i will take 2 or 3 days off, there are other things i need to do and besides that i need to rest a bit :)

DDS : Thanks Albert, i'm really happy U still like it :buttrock:
Sylfah : Thank U for encouragemen! :beer:
tokaru : Thanks Mate :beer:
AlexaSharlOt : Es neesmu neko čīkstējis vnk esmu vīlies ka šitā izgāzos jau otro gadu pēc kārtas tas arī viss. :) Un es neesmu solījis ka tas būs mežonīgi varens darbs un ka visi būs gar zemi utt... no kurienes tu tādas auzas rāvi? Es vnk teicu ka tas būs labākais darbs ko līdz šim esmu taisījis, un tā tas arī būs. Un es nemedzu solīt to ko zinu ka nevaru izdarīt. Un par CG balvu... tu lasīt nemāki vai kas tev ir par problēmu? Rakstīju ka tas ir mans jaunais mērķis, un akcents ir uz vārdu MĒRĶIS tas nozīmē ka es mēģināsu / centīšos dabūt to balvu. Tas nenozīmē kas es 100% to dabūšu, neesmu tā teicis. Skatos ka tev baigi patīk sagrozīt faktus.
Ja tev ir kaut kādas problēmas - pretenzijas pret mani vai maniem darbiem tad gribu palūgt lai nākotnē nelien manās galerijās un savus komentus paturi pie sevis. Gan jau kkā to pārdzīvošu.
dmightyone : Thank you for the encouragement, i really appreciate that. I'm glad U like this piece. :buttrock:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z251/aeonseraph/CS_20090519_Final_Illustration_W-80.jpg

AlexaSharlOt
05-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Vairāk vai mazāk gribēju tev aizrādīt. Un jēziņ kurā vietā tu esi izgāzies, visiem mēdz gadīties, ka nevar uzspēt, jo varbūt ka dzīve, kas svarīgaks jādara un jebkurā gadijumā tu esi tikai ieguvēs. CG balvu, es laikam stūlbi izteicos, jo šī balva nu... es nezinu... ir drusku par maz priekš tevis un es zinu, ka vari iegūt daudz labākas balvas vai apbalvojumus un ka tev jāveido daudz plašāki mērķi.
Piedod man es patiešām negribēju būt tik ...:cry:

DanielCortes
05-21-2009, 06:10 PM
hey bro incredible work so far, and the end result will be the best in you portfolio so far, and I think that was more than worth all the time, sweat and tears. anyhow if its any comfort I think most of us would ad one more day of solid work to our final entry (I would). but at least your going to finish it, I was 2 but, I think I'm to burnt out on it. So good for you, keep it man and hope to see you next year, we will prevail!!! all the best :beer:

aeonseraph
05-22-2009, 05:15 AM
live2contage : Thanks man i'm glad U like it! :buttrock: And i agree about what you wrote + this sure will be the best piece in my portfolio and it's an achievement too right? :D So it was worth the effort, everything else is just a bonus. I will finish up this piece sometime next week when i will recharge my energy reserves XD
This year it was a great practice, i hope next year i will actually finish my entry :D

And btw, you did a great job, your final illustration is amazing! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2009, 05:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.