PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 3D - RaresH - Unnamed Warlord

RaresH
03-18-2009, 04:39 AM
*Update*

A couple more concept not so roughs. Note the wing orientation on rough 3. Let me know what you think about that. I think I'm going to work out some more armor looks and then I'll move onto the weapon.

http://rares.pixolbrush.com/images/dw4/dw4_conceptroughs2_wip.jpg

http://rares.pixolbrush.com/images/dw4/dw4_conceptroughs3_wip.jpg

Original Post;

Hello again fellow CGS'ers,

Here we go again. Another fun and exciting Dominance Wars. This year I'll try my luck in the 3D category. I've got a lot to pick up on so I'm going to start fast and hard. Right now I don't have a name but I have a good feeling he's going to be a Warlord Norm in the form of this winged fellow. I figure since our army to beat is the demon in this years epic story, the natural antidote is the yin of yang in the form of light. Anyway, where our demonic hordes use fire, ice, and darkness my pick here uses the power of the stars. You could say the very light emitted in all spectrum from the weapon this warlord wields could burn the skin and eyes of any creature or demon that should find itself too close. But it's the javelins end that's to fear for it burns of the life giving sun. So hot it burns that not even the most advanced alloy devised by the machines can withstand it's seething pierce. One swift puncture and even a demon lords head would boil and explode from the inside like a melon in a high caliber shooting gallery.

I hope to put together a more complete story soon. Good luck everyone! Lets get us a GOLD!

-RaresH

http://rares.pixolbrush.com/images/dw4/dw4_conceptrough1_wip.jpg

GregStrangis
03-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Finally something Angelic =), the long spear with the shield looks cool, going make sure I see where this 1 is going

RaresH
03-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks Greg,

I figure the quad wing pole-arm wielding norm would be a refreshing change from the demon hordes fast populating the forums.

PavelPetrenko
03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi RaresH!
Yor guardian angel looks nice! :thumbsup:
Good luck!

SebastianWunnicke
03-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi. I like the idea with the four wings,Im not sure, but I think I never saw it before.
Nice relaxed concept

GaeasHerald
03-18-2009, 03:38 PM
The much needed heavenly force. Congrats for not falling into the dark side!

JIMMAZZA
03-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Roughs look amazing. Can't wait to see where this goes.

mestophales
03-19-2009, 04:36 PM
I can not wait to see the finished peice...Great Job!!

pseudoBug
03-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Looking nice. Been tossing about some angelic concepts myself. Too many demons about. :)

RaresH
03-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Pavel - Thank you kindly.

Sebastian - That unique quality is one thing I'm hoping to express with this concept.

Gaeas - The amount of demon and robot entries is huge. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy or something in line with the Dominance War storyline. :D

jimmazza - Thank you. Can't wait to get the concept finalized and get started on the model.

mestophales - I'm glad you like it. Thanks.

pseudoBug - You bet. Stem the tide, stem the tide. Good luck!

Well I have say the positive responses have been encouraging. I'm still working on roughs at the moment and should have some more soon but I'm more confident about the direction I'm taking with this. If anything It should be a great portfolio piece and a real learning experience.

madshooter
03-20-2009, 04:33 AM
Nice concept Dude:thumbsup:. So you gonna refine it further or start with modeling. Can't wait to see it modeled:)
All the best.

RaresH
03-20-2009, 05:58 AM
A couple more concept not so roughs. Note the wing orientation on rough 3. Let me know what you think about that. I think I'm going to work out some more armor looks and then I'll move onto the weapon.

http://rares.pixolbrush.com/images/dw4/dw4_conceptroughs2_wip.jpg

http://rares.pixolbrush.com/images/dw4/dw4_conceptroughs3_wip.jpg

blindsyte
03-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Good...

good... i like where this is going. So this is a demon prince right? His armor looks quite techy... but he is a prince, so he would have the best armor.

I'm seeing a definite style here, and i would say that it's bad ass. One final little note. Make sure that the face reads. And... good luck with all those evil feathers. Are you going to use planes with alpha or geometry?

Hmmm... i think i have a link for you... i'll have to dig it up...

blindsyte
03-20-2009, 07:55 AM
dude............. you owe me BIG time....
I looked all over the god damn internet for this stupid #@(*@#)%U)(U@#%)(U thread...
here it is sugar (it will help you plan the wings):

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=234&t=599016&page=1&pp=15

btw, if you want to find a DWIII thread... it's very hard.

pr0wler
03-20-2009, 07:58 AM
this is nice!!!i'll stay close to this one too.
spor!:applause:

RaresH
03-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Blindsyte - Thanks a ton for that resource! That will really come in handy for the wing work. Actually I intend to keep him on the not so evil side. Although his skin and probably his wings will be dark in tone he'll feel mysterious and imposing. I'm treading a fine line but I hope not to lose any element of good in him. I'll have to play with that some more.

Prowler - Multumesc Fain! I hope I pull off the 3D phase as well as I do in the concept phase. Bafta si tie!

neobear
03-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Love your Black and white sketchs. Heavenly forces, very uncommon.
I prefer witn shield he he looks more untouchable !
Need to see more !!!

GregStrangis
03-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I am leaning towards number 3, I also am fond of those wings in it as well.

Hellgaurdian
03-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Hey RaresH.. Awesome stuff man.. luv ur concept art style. like the 3rd one the best.. looks deadly..

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.