PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 3D - pdriggett - MachineScoutSwoopGun

pdriggett
03-17-2009, 11:51 PM
I don't know why this popped in my head, but I'm thinking of a bio-mechanical rodent manning a machine gun turret under a bio-mechanical peregrine falcon mount.

I'm really not going for comedy, it just sounded neat to me. Hopefully I can actually make it a little further in this competition. I have no delusions of winning, this is just a personal challenge for me.

pdriggett
03-18-2009, 12:00 AM
First concept page

http://www.chivalrystudios.com/machineScoutConceptSMALL.jpg

pdriggett
03-23-2009, 01:07 AM
This has been done a few days but I've been super busy. Went more realistic with the machine mouse that will be manning the turret.

http://www.chivalrystudios.com/machineScoutConcept2SMALL.jpg

jwelzien
03-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Great concept. What do you think about maybe making the arms a little more substantial looking? So that he can manage those big guns :).

questionmarks
03-23-2009, 03:09 PM
maybe a more stylize mouse???
and not sure can bio+machine....better check the rules once again before go further...^^

aelwine
03-23-2009, 04:33 PM
since cyborgs are "living body parts mixed with mechanical parts" there is probably nothing from with a cyborg rat and the concept is in fact quite literally following the scout description :).
Now about your concept I've a hard time figuring out how it'll not look comical, not that it would be a bad thing though.
But I think if you want to go for a more serious look you should try to add some aggressiveness to your design. You could perhaps elongate the silhouette and add more angles to lose a bit of the cute roundness you've at the moment.
Perhaps make it more look like a rat than a mouse. The mouse has a kind of really cute image that will be a bit hard to lose if you want to get a serious feeling
If you want to go comical after all, then it's another story :)

pdriggett
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
since cyborgs are "living body parts mixed with mechanical parts" there is probably nothing from with a cyborg rat and the concept is in fact quite literally following the scout description :).
Now about your concept I've a hard time figuring out how it'll not look comical, not that it would be a bad thing though.
But I think if you want to go for a more serious look you should try to add some aggressiveness to your design. You could perhaps elongate the silhouette and add more angles to lose a bit of the cute roundness you've at the moment.
Perhaps make it more look like a rat than a mouse. The mouse has a kind of really cute image that will be a bit hard to lose if you want to get a serious feeling
If you want to go comical after all, then it's another story :)

Thanks for the feedback. The only reason I'm hesitant to go from a house mouse to a rat is the size of the creature under the peregrine falcon mount. Right now I have a feeling it has a reasonable chance of fitting, but with a rat its a whole other story. I'll do some sketches tonight and try to ruggedize him a little bit.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.