PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 2D - ENBE - Cyborg

ENBE
03-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Well here is my first worked through thumb...

Story behind it is that the robots met the first demonic wave and managed to capture one specimen to study and dissect and learn about their new foe. The result was the Demoborg Mark I. The best strategy to kill a being hell bent on destruction is to build yours smarter.

Going to push out two other ideas over the following weeks then hit my straps for the final one.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x243/nucleusdigital/ENBE_Demonborg.jpg

ENBE
03-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Also just to add, crits on any of my designs is much appreciated as its early days and nothing is concrete.

zeo-x
03-19-2009, 11:36 PM
It's looking pretty cool man.. though my suggestion would be to contrast the mechanical part of the cyborg with more organic parts of the demon.. right now everything feels a lil bit too jagged and angular.

Ferx
03-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Hey Nathan,

Cool concept and first sketch. The idea of demon cyborg is really original, great! All the best ! and looking forward for more updates! Cheers! :beer:

Xidon
03-20-2009, 01:03 AM
hey dude sweet design I agree with zeo-x a bit more contrast between the armor and flesh would help. I'd also advise to be careful with this design, as the rules are very strict against crossing races. Cant wait to see your other designs.

ENBE
03-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Ah ha thanks for the heads up Xidon in regards to the races having no correlation.

Thanks for the comments Ferx & zeo-x. I agree with pushing the armour & skin depiction more in terms of hard/soft line work.

Happy sketching guys

ENBE
03-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Well here was last nights thumb. Going for a norm this time with a fairy queen touch, her twin blades would aptlly be known as her 'wings'.

Try punch one of these out each night than make choices.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x243/nucleusdigital/ENBE_DomWar_BloodFairy.jpg

namnocilis
03-23-2009, 09:18 PM
The Demon Borg was a cool concept.. the fairy queen Norm with those colors and those huge blade is giving more of a Demon Princess look, looks really scary man.. :scream:

rhemrev
03-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Cool stuff, but try not to go to far with your initial 'roughing' out, the rendering of both pieces could've been spent on exploring dozens of other directions for these characters? Or did you do alot of thumbs which you did not post? It feels like you are skipping the idea-exploration stage, or going through it REAL fast :P

The bladegirl looks most promising thus far, try to give her something that you can play with as far as dynamics go; a long piece of cloth, long hair, anything to bring some movement into the picture, and to pull thing together. A quick crit on the colors: my eye goes to the white spot at the bottom of the image, instead of to her face/upper torso. Try to avoid this in the final image :)

Good stuff, I"ll keep an eye on your thread :)

-E-

03-23-2009, 10:03 PM
The demon princess looks nice:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2009, 10:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.