PDA

View Full Version : Lwg3D Offline?

LordIron2k
07-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Hi guys

One question is lwg3d down? I cant connect to there webpage anymore.

best regards

Stephan

Kroax
07-08-2003, 01:06 AM
me too :annoyed:

richpr
07-08-2003, 01:26 AM
Yup

Lewis3D
07-08-2003, 01:33 AM
Yeh it's offline now :(

It will be back ASAP with explanation about current offline status.

bmckain
07-08-2003, 01:57 AM
As of sometime around 3 to 4 am on 07/07/03 LWG3D was attacked by a hacker. The attack was initiated through web based tools associated with our Virtual Server. They were able to use our files from our internal code to determine a way to hack Firedragon through a Web Dameon as well.

The bottom line is that the entire Webpipe server was wiped clean and many files on Firedragon were lost. We did however catch the culprit in the process of deleting files from the Firedragon server and pulled the internet connection on them. We were able to gain some information from this and that is still being researched by the guys at Webpipe. We do have backups of Firedragon though a few files will still be lost however we were not so fortunate with the Webpipe server. Through a communication error no backups were being done on the main site. This is unfortunate because at the very least we have lost around a year of history in the database.

Due to this complication, the restoration of LWG is going to take a few days to sort out. There are some various pieces parts on several spots including my personal drives at home but it is yet to be determined exactly to what extent.

In the process of rebuilding the site we will take the opportunity to upgrade our vBulletin software as well.

If anyone has any information leading to the apprehension of the person or persons responsible LWG will offer a reward. If you do have information email me at cobra@lwg3d.org .

We apologize for the interruption and look forward to being back online soon.

richpr
07-08-2003, 02:35 AM
Sorry to hear that... Hope the site makes a speedy recovery!

Cman
07-08-2003, 03:42 AM
hackers suck. :thumbsdow

blueMeany
07-08-2003, 03:43 AM
I hope they didn't compromise Lewis's and Ethangar's tuts.:annoyed: Us newbs need those to survive.

Howzat
07-08-2003, 03:48 AM
:thumbsdow :annoyed:
it is tragic that all that knowledge and information can disappear just like that, through the actions of some complete ****head.
I hope you can catch him and castrate his modem so he can't electronically **** anyone else again!

E_Moelzer
07-08-2003, 05:43 AM
What a f***ing bastard, lamer, ***hole,
I want this guy found, hacked and mangled, his kneecaps split, his eyes cut out, his ellbows broken and his body burned away.
Some people simply seem to want that to be done to them.
:thumbsdow
:annoyed:
CU
Elmar

BAROBA
07-08-2003, 01:16 PM
I thought it was a hacker attack :(
Bob, did we really lose a whole year??? :surprised:
:eek:
I hope you get the little bastard who did this.
We should hack him and whip his HDs clean, lets see if he likes it too.
Some people should be shot on sight, and he is one of them.
Very pissed now :annoyed:

aurora
07-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Hey I think you guys are on to a new Animation/VFX contest. Develope and animate a unique style of torture (death is to easy) for hackers :)

Remi
07-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear that Bob.....that sucks...I hope you get it up and running smoothly again. Hope you find them also.....although I don't think I would be much help.....I live behind this computer. Sorry:cry:

ArneK
07-08-2003, 04:23 PM
Whoa... no fun at all. It is bad enough when a HD crashes on you, but to be hacked must be a lot worse.

Any connection to the current hacker challenge?

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/07/07/hacker/

Nessie
07-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Bloody jerks,
instead of setting up thousands of websites themselves and hack those, no, they just want to destroy others' work and spill their time ...
just bringing down the site is enough and quite obvious, there is no need to wipe the contents, *de klootzakken*
:mad: :mad:

Mangled Poly
07-08-2003, 05:57 PM
It was cim i know it was!

Nemoid
07-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Really some people has nothing to do during the day if they spend their time hackering. .:thumbsdow
one day someone will do the same to their systems.

sorry for u guys at Lwg. i joined awhile ago, and found it was a great source of information, and funny people.

Daniel
07-09-2003, 12:20 AM
OUTCH!

I was wonering why I got no response from the lwg server.
Now I know why :annoyed:

Stupid wannabe hacker kids :thumbsdow

cya.

Mazer
07-09-2003, 01:10 AM
"Stupid wannabe hacker kids "

You'r absolutly wright, real hacker have a sort of "honour code" and one of the first rules they have is not to corrupt any information in the victims server, but also a real hacker would never waste his time with a Lw forum, they go for the hard things like governement site, microsoft sites etc. They go heiter for the chalenge of a hard sistem to beat or to atack sites representing things they don't like... It's impossible any inteligent person would have something against a forum of easy going artists, Lw users are generaly very nice and helpfull people ( providing you dont pronouce some heretic words like Lux##### or mult### un##:D ).
Hope you can get it up and running soon, and try to find out the way you can inprove security (an idea would be to ask a real hacker how to do-it:shrug: )
Best luck to you guys :)

BAROBA
07-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Mazer
and try to find out the way you can inprove security (an idea would be to ask a real hacker how to do-it)

We have developed "special' techniques to ask a hacker how he did it by now :)
And we are more then anxiuos to try them out :D
*Starts to laugh in a very demonic sounding way*

AnimaLMotheR
07-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Daniel
Stupid wannabe hacker kids :thumbsdow

More like a script kiddie. :)

Nemoid
07-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BAROBA
We have developed "special' techniques to ask a hacker how he did it by now :)
And we are more then anxiuos to try them out :D
*Starts to laugh in a very demonic sounding way*

Bwhahahah hahahahahahahah!!!!
hackers, your end is coming....

roguenroll
07-09-2003, 07:16 PM
that sux, sorry to hear that Bob. Well, get back online soon and lets get rolling again.

Rogue

bmckain
07-10-2003, 12:02 AM
We are getting close. We were able to restore the entire vBulletin database, thanks to webpipe’s hard work. There will still be some holes in the images from various forums but most of that will be fairly recent and therefore most of the members will be able to re-upload the missing images.

We expect to have the finishing touches on the PhP install in the morning and with a little luck should be back online sometime Thursday.

We will post an open notice at that time but my guess is most of you will already know before we get the message posted. Anyway, thanks for all the comments, the wait won’t be long now.

Bob aka Cobra

Lewis3D
07-10-2003, 12:07 AM
That's great news Bob.

I really miss LWG (everywhere is good but nowhere is good like at home ;))

Triple G
07-10-2003, 12:51 AM
Glad to hear you're on your way to getting things back up and running, Bob. LWG is a great site and it's a shame that some senseless moron would find the need to try and destroy it. :thumbsdow

Aeroplane
07-10-2003, 01:27 AM
humm....hackers?:rolleyes: That's sad..
hope that LWG will be back soon.:)

jproberts
07-10-2003, 05:15 AM
Hey Bob. Sorry to hear about that little @#$% hacking the site. After joining and getting some great feedback on my cowboy/superhero character, LWG3D quickly became my home page and one of my favorite sites! Hope that you guys can get it back online soon. Wish you all the best!

JP

Nemoid
07-10-2003, 01:10 PM
:thumbsup: :wavey:

Kvaalen
07-19-2003, 02:37 AM
LWG3d is up again: :thumbsup:

http://www.LWG3d.org

richpr
07-19-2003, 03:28 AM
Woohoo! ;)

Jimzip
07-19-2003, 04:31 AM
It's so sad to see the "Under Construction" signs... :cry:

But we'll gets them.. They hurt the precious.. We'll hurt them!:twisted:

Jimzip :D
~Hopes for a speedy recovery.~ :wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.