PDA

View Full Version : VFS Modeling Demo

michelleblue
07-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Hello Cgtalk people! I posted my character Isaias here awhile ago. Here is the complete demo except that the sound is just temporary. Hope you guys like it! :D
C&C are welcome!!

http://www.vfs.com/~michellel/Still01.jpg

http://www.vfs.com/~michellel/Still03.jpg

http://www.vfs.com/~michellel/Still05.jpg

Better quality DivX version>
http://www.vfs.com/~michellel/MichelleLamDemo.avi

Lower quality Quicktime version>
http://www.vfs.com/~michellel/MichelleDemoQtime.mov

Note: Please Right Click and do a "Save Target As"!
Thank you.

db23
07-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Beautiful work!

I love your sense of style, especially with the set.

Great work with the lighting and character modeling too.

Night
07-07-2003, 11:54 PM
wow its great!! I like it! :applause:
And the server is pretty fast too :thumbsup:

Hostile 17
07-08-2003, 12:18 AM
Yeeeeee-hawwww!!! The reel turned out awsome, Michelle. You worked really hard and it payed off big time. I'm really proud of you. I know you'll kick ass out there in the workforce. Good job. :scream: :scream: :scream:

lildragon
07-08-2003, 12:28 AM
michelleblue a tip get some mirrors going ; ) also send me some nice stills tito@cgnetworks.com because your server isn't going to handle what I'm about to do =] well done!

http://www.cgnetworks.com/tmp/michelle.jpg

http://www.cgnetworks.com/tmp/michelle1.jpg

http://www.cgnetworks.com/tmp/michelle2.jpg

-lild

reetika
07-08-2003, 12:42 AM
Top notch modelling ...with great lighting and texturing....overall an awesome reel...

Gud work michelle.....am sure the whole of 3d38 will b proud of u.:)

:thumbsup:

lildragon
07-08-2003, 12:43 AM
You'll be live on CGNetworks.com in under 30mins. Again very well done and do by all means find mirrors immediately, you'll need them. Good luck on your job search hopefully these plugs will help guide potential employers in.

salud!

michelleblue
07-08-2003, 12:53 AM
Wow thanks Lildragon! :D

I will do what I can to find more webspace, but I am going to need some non-VFS mirrors.

If anyone is kind enough to spare about 30 megs of webspace I would appreciate it! In the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed these will hold up for a little while.

JahnkeKong
07-08-2003, 01:06 AM
:( servers down already :(

iBlue
07-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~michellel/MichelleLamDemo.avi on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.vfs.com Port 80

:shrug:

lildragon
07-08-2003, 01:15 AM
Heh Iblue I guess you don't read ;)

-lild

slice56
07-08-2003, 01:26 AM
dear lord, i am in awe. VERY nice reel and Im sure you wont any trouble finding a job soon :D

congrats:thumbsup:

G-Prime
07-08-2003, 01:39 AM
it say: You don't have permission to access /~michellel/MichelleDemoQtime.mov on this server.

lildragon
07-08-2003, 02:19 AM
Guys please read the thread, it only has a few posts so far. I've hosted some stills from the reel above until we can get some mirrors going.

-lild

arvid
07-08-2003, 02:19 AM
psst, the mirror link has two http://'s in it, fix! ;)

Sky_DaBomB
07-08-2003, 02:23 AM
I cant download it :annoyed:

DZL
07-08-2003, 02:26 AM
michelleblue:

i have some space - send me your email, and i'll give you specifics.

email (matthewaconway@hotmail.com)

dmeyer
07-08-2003, 02:31 AM
Once again i can post a mirror if someone can get me the files. PM me or catch me on AIM as "phatgroovn".

michelleblue
07-08-2003, 02:37 AM
Thanks so much Lildragon!

opacity: Heh! Its fixed.
mattconway: I just sent you an email, I appreciate the help!

Mirror is on the way, hold on guys. :)

iBlue
07-08-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by lildragon
Heh Iblue I guess you don't read ;)

-lild

You cheated, you edited :p

KolbyJukes
07-08-2003, 02:41 AM
hey michelle,

I can lend you my VFS FTP account if you want for a temporary mirror.

Just email me at Kolbyjukes@hotmail.com or PM me.

-Kol.

Lifthz
07-08-2003, 02:45 AM
Damn, the server is down. I can get an idea of the quality from that image preview though... :buttrock:

Day-Dreamer
07-08-2003, 02:51 AM
:buttrock: the server is down:buttrock:

dmeyer
07-08-2003, 03:16 AM
I've posted a mirror at:

AVI:

www.dmeyerdesign.com/MichelleLamDemo.avi

MOV:

www.dmeyerdesign.com/MichelleLamDemo.mp4

Fantastic work! Both the modeling and rendering are superb!
Is this XSI?

KolbyJukes
07-08-2003, 03:24 AM
another VFS mirror, I don't know how long it'll last.

MOV (7.2 MB):

MichelleLamDemo.MP4 (http://www.vfs.com/~3d44kol/MichelleLamDemo.mp4)

nomad_girl
07-08-2003, 03:34 AM
Amazing Michelle!

Your reel looks just great. You should be so proud of all your hard work and effort. Your project is just beautiful.

I am so happy that I got to see the work as it was in progress. It looked wonderful at the end of Term 6, but it has really come together now.

Five stars and front page for you! We need more women working in 3d!

Go 3d38 Scholarship Team!

Donnie_Darko
07-08-2003, 03:34 AM
sweet i really liked the way you should how the dress is set up to move. the only thing i would liked to was more movement in the hair. heh rokc on.

Day-Dreamer
07-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Lovely Girl:love: :buttrock:
Can I marry?:scream:

MosaFacku
07-08-2003, 04:23 AM
one of the best reels i've seen in a while. cool models. i really dig the guy in the roots or whatever that was, the whole big thing was really cool. did you do any of the animation as well? great stuff.
:buttrock:

SEPHROTH64
07-08-2003, 04:34 AM
OH WOOOWWWWW

DreamcastDC
07-08-2003, 04:34 AM
edit

dmeyer thanks for the mirrors

WOW :applause: :drool: :thumbsup:

Grubwyrm
07-08-2003, 04:38 AM
Good God in heaven, I think that is the most impressive reel I have seen to date. Quite stunning.

The female's anatomy is amazing, right on. I like the rigged cape and skirt-thingy.

It reminds me of two things:
1. Archimonde from WC3 (the imprisoned one)
2. The Cathedral

Nice work, amazing... you might want to send it to Blizzard:scream: Hell, they could even resurrect Archimonde with this.

-Grubwyrm

dmeyer
07-08-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by DreamcastDC
None of the links works

See my mirrors posted above.

DZL
07-08-2003, 04:48 AM
this mirror should work:

michelle (http://www.mattconway.com/michelle/MichelleLamDemo.avi)

i'm uploading right now, so give it 25 minutes or so.

iBlue
07-08-2003, 04:53 AM
wow, what a reel! :eek:

aazimkhan
07-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Awesome work, i think this is a long time since i have seen REAL ART in 3d.

What kind of expreince, background do you have?

btw, i didnt see any contact information on the reel, or did u just edit that for the online version?

Beautiful models, great environment. Very well delivered.

If u are looking for some crits.

only things that look weird is the cloth animation. I am guessing u animated the movement urselfm using that rig. Instead of cloth simulation, coz the cloth animation seems to loop - there is no randomness.

Secondlly is the water, i know thats not a important issue, it stands out a little, in betweeen the amazing modelin,texturing work

:thumbsup: - your job is guranteed.

TOXIC-3D
07-08-2003, 05:05 AM
Ok,... What am I missing...?

I've attempted to download via "Every" link within this entire thread and with everyone of them I'm asked for my "Username & Password"...????

Can someone let me in on whats going on...?

Jim @TOXIC-3D...

:hmm:

michelleblue
07-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Thanks for all the mirrors suppliers! :beer:
Anyone still cant download it? Please let me know.
I am really grateful for all the responses.

TOXIC-3D
07-08-2003, 05:20 AM
Thanks for all the mirrors suppliers!
Anyone still cant download it? Please let me know.
I am really grateful for all the responses.

I could have sworn that I just posted a Post stating that I've been asked for a Username & Password with every link I tryed...??? It seems to be a request from www.vfs.com

I was/am extremely interested in viewing this after reading all these post's about it...

Jim @TOXIC-3D...

:shrug:

Jensen
07-08-2003, 05:24 AM
Yes, that was freaking awesome. That guy who was in the middle of the tree statue thingy looked alot like the evil lord from Warcraft III. Great modeling! :beer:

ntmonkey
07-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Wow, truly inspirational reel you have there. You guys at VFS are just amazing. Best of luck finding a job out there.

Lu

reuniom
07-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Actually, Link is broken now...

However I watched video on last screening...
( Cuz, I'm in VFS now...so...well... )

I like the wood character...that has another man.....

KnightVFX
07-08-2003, 06:27 AM
Absolutely amazing work! I love your work Michelle, you never stop blowing me away with the quality of your work.

amos_chid
07-08-2003, 06:38 AM
somebody plzzz mirror it :applause:

dmeyer
07-08-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by amos_chid
somebody plzzz mirror it :applause:

:lightbulb Read the thread. There are mirrors posted.

DZL
07-08-2003, 06:56 AM
again, here's a mirror:

Michelle Lam (http://www.mattconway.com/michelle/MichelleLamDemo.avi)

outstanding job, michelle. amazing modelling - i really like how you showed off everything at the end. beautiful.

jason-slab
07-08-2003, 06:58 AM
amazing work:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

good luck with finding a job!

|jason

T0BER
07-08-2003, 07:01 AM
That's really well done Michelle.

The only thing I really didn't like was the movement on the cape, it seemed too linear and kind of over-exaggerated.

Congratulations on a great modelling reel though.

All the best. :)

Kambei
07-08-2003, 07:07 AM
A fan from class 42

I really like the improvements you made during the scholarship time that you had.

You have a great overall design aesthetic and I can see you have a great grasp of many mediums.

I'm a fan of your 2d stuff myself, being of a 2d background myself I see you have fully utilized all the tools that are availible to you as an artist..

Wish you all the luck in the industry..

Hopefully I can come out of Vfs with something up to par..

KolbyJukes
07-08-2003, 07:29 AM
@ reuniom

FRICKIN' AWESOME!

LOL! Sorry everybody....inside joke.

-Kol.

In case you missed it here's a mirror:
Sweet Demo reel (http://www.vfs.com/~3d44kol/MichelleLamDemo.mp4)

thhchx
07-08-2003, 07:48 AM
I haven't had the chance to download that reel, but the stills are really cool. Great job.

Hmm.. I sifted through the various postings in this thread and some people muttered something about Warcraft III and The Cathedral... it does possess similar qualities from those...

But it's still cool...:)

modi
07-08-2003, 08:15 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

michelleblue
07-08-2003, 08:28 AM
Thanks for all the comments and compliments!

MosaFacku: Yes, I did the animation myself.

aazimkhan: I went to an art school before I came to VFS, I dont have any experience or background in 3D before that. You are right about the contact information. About the cloth, it was a combination of hand animation and a system of soft-constraints. It is extremely difficult and time consuming if I dont re-use some of the animation.

TOXIC-3D: I think my VFS server has exceeded its bandwidth for now. Please try using the mirrors provided by dmeyer or mattconway.

reuniom: Then I hope you'll like my scholarship version too.

Again, thanks so much for the mirrors dmeyer and mattconway!!

maxmare
07-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Amazing work Michelle, I completely admire your skills as this is a truly remarkable piece.
I think the others have said it all, so I'll keep quiet at your feet.
Just out of curiosity, could you give us the poly count for your characters/enviroments? Thanks already.

Xform
07-08-2003, 10:13 AM
WOW!:eek:

It's like the best demo reel I've seen, ever!!

Very VERY good modeling, texturing,lightning...EVERYTHING!
This really makes me wonder what the heek do they do to make you create this great cg stuff over at the VFS?!

I also wonder what massive computer power you must have to be able to deal with this scene?

Keep it up!!:thumbsup:

RuneV
07-08-2003, 10:42 AM
absolutely stunning!
*lifting my jaw from the floor* :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:beer:

gtidhar
07-08-2003, 11:27 AM
Absolutely magnificent work. Loved the modeling and texturing. And lighting...Well, I loved everything (the sound is very good by the way).

NowhereMan
07-08-2003, 12:56 PM
This is some superb modeling, i hate it!!! :surprised :surprised You are so talented michelle.

I became curious about the girl, can u post some closer wireframe in low level of quality of her? specialy the face!

spooky3d
07-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Wow! Awesome modeling! Truly a great work of art. You should be proud.

TOXIC-3D
07-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by dmeyer
:lightbulb Read the thread. There are mirrors posted.

WHATS THE DEAL WITH THIS CONTINUED COMEBACK..?

"READ THE THREAD. THERE ARE MIRRORS POSTED"

WHY THE HELL ISN'T ANYONE ANSWERING MY QUESTION ABOUT THIS "USERNAME & PASSWORD"... I'VE SEEN AN TRYED EVERY ONE OF THESE MIRRORS AND I'M CONTINUALLY ASKED FOR A USERNAME & PASSWORD... I'VE GONE TO www.vfs.com AND I CAN'T FIND ANY "REGISTATION" SECTION INORDER TO AQUIRE THIS SO CALLED "USERNAME & PASSWORD"...

"SO HOW ABOUT GIVING ME THE INFORMATION "I" AM BEING ASKED FOR SO THAT I CAN CHECK OUT THIS DEMO REEL THAT YOUR ALL SO AMAZED OVER..."

SORRY IF I'M NOT INCLUDED IN THE LITTLE WORLD THAT YOU ALL SEEM TO BE IN... BUT HOW ABOUT SOME BASIC RESPECT AND ANSWERE MY POST, OR SHOULD I SAY "POST'S", INSTEAD OF JUST JUMPING OVER IT LIKE I WAS SOME CLOWN THAT WAS TAKING UP YOUR PRECIOUS TIME....

:annoyed: :thumbsdow

TOXIC-3D
07-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Well I don't know whats going on with these mirror's because I just went through everyone of them again and I was asked for a "Username & Password" upon activating each download attempt...

I guess I'll have to check it out in another life...

:blush: :surprised

NowhereMan
07-08-2003, 01:56 PM
TOXIC 3D - Maybe after this post people will tend to be kind of more reluctant on showing YOU respect, huh? :thumbsdow

lildragon
07-08-2003, 01:57 PM
TOXIC-3D, dude relax a bit, instead of flying off the handle give us more info, like the browser you're using for starters, have you tried downloading OTHER files to see if you get the same response? Others didn't have the same prob as you, so it is an isolated issue. Just chill and drop the nasty attitude, it's not needed here.

-lild

eYadNesS
07-08-2003, 01:59 PM
:surprised

TOXIC-3D
07-08-2003, 03:06 PM
Ok,... First off, as my 3 year ole' would say....

" I saww'ee... "

But look at from my point of view... From the time of my first post, there were "21" additional post that followed discribing how "Awe'inspiring" this video was... And the only thing that was mentioned about the "username & password" was to try one of other mirror's... Yet I had explained that I "HAD" tryed every mirror that was mentioned... The Password & Username that I'm being asked for is from the VFS itself...

So I'll just make everyone happy again, and I'll move on down the road... Maybe I'll try it again some other day...

Jim:love:

aazimkhan
07-08-2003, 03:26 PM
i know how strong 2D skills need to be to produce an idea like this from scratch to paper and then into 3D , most importantly a creative mind!

But i am seriouslly shocked that, this is ur first time 3D, with such accurate anatomy, the Meshes are clean, very well textured.
coz, it takes time to understand the right wire work, for good deformations etc? also for texturing ease. but ur models are done so well, both from deformation / texuring point of view.
not to mention the modelled detail!.

maybe u can share ur understanding,
- of how u see 3d models
- what do u keep in mind before begening the modeling
- how do u plan ur texures?

I would really like to hear ur way of working..

Sky_DaBomB
07-08-2003, 03:40 PM
:annoyed: It stopped at 21%.....cant downlaod it :annoyed:

TOE
07-08-2003, 04:03 PM
My downloads stopped as well, I just reclicked the link and it picked up where it left off. Not suprisingly the demo is friggin AWESOME!

-YoD-
07-08-2003, 04:19 PM
really great job !:buttrock:

cgwolf
07-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Michelle I must say this is one of the better demo reels Ive seen here as well. I can see both the time and processing power put into the work and your models are great. I agree about the cape but thats way too minor too mention.

Great job so far. keep it up

MaTaDoR
07-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Nice reel, lots more than just modeling going on tho :)

I saw better animation on that than people who are trying to animate for a living and cant model 1/3 of what you did there.

Sweet :thumbsup:

4nimat0r
07-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Very nice reel michelle, I just grad'd from the maya 10 class from vfs as well.

I've run your reel through VirtualDub and the size is now 17mb, with no loss of sound quality or video quality.

You can download the new reel here:

http://vfs.com/~ma10ryans/MirrorMichelleLamDemo(17mb).avi

Here's a link to my reel if anybody's interested :)

http://vfs.com/~ma10ryans/Postal(fullsound-15mb).avi

Enjoy!

Fitharn
07-08-2003, 06:43 PM
D-d-d-d-daaaamn this is one of the best reels seen on this site so far... the animation is stunning. I liked that girl when I saw her on a still you posted here, but when animated... :love:

The modelling is stunning. The reel reminded me of the cathedral too btw ;)

studiomiguel
07-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Michelle,

I am very impressed with your skill. Nice dynamics, if a little raw, they are still amazing especially considering your level of association with the industry (student). I am particualy amazed with your level of detail in the mesh and textures. Excellent job with convincing levels of bump and specularity. Even your mesh geometry is well well constructed!

I would like to know more about your level of experience. I read here that this is your first association with 3d? Quite amazing work. VFS courses are 48 weeks!!? I worked by butt off in school in the US for two years and didn't graduate with anywhere near the skill your displaying already. Your work is more reflective of a BA course. How long did the project take from concept to completion? What was your level of experience with PSD and other digital creation apps at your initiation?

I'm curious to see how your level of experience relates to your average student as you seem to have excelled far beyond even the most talented individuals that I have know.

I was just reading up on VFS.. sheesh! It's 6k cheaper than an AI Intlnl degree and the work is outstanding! And your done in a year! WOW!

I think we would all be interested to see who snatches you up! Do you have plans to make it to Siggraph?

M

It's in my favs folder!

jellyfish
07-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Hi,

I just mirrored the original 28MB avi on my webspace (in case anyone was still having trouble).

http://www.shortcircuit.tv/MichelleLamDemo.avi

jellyfish

pablov
07-08-2003, 07:22 PM
hey Michelle,

Finaly, I have the oportunity to see your reel,
And I have to say that was amazing.
I like the girl, is anatomicaly perfect, and the fact that you used bones in the cloth.
wontherfull reel,:buttrock: :buttrock:

wbate
07-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Michelle, congrats, you obviously made good use of your extra time! This is a beautiful reel. Let us know where your talent and hard work take you!

will.

Sceme
07-08-2003, 07:40 PM
oh.my.god!.....breath taking..*speechless*

:love: this is the one i call ART!

what is that music playing on the first half of the film....i love that music..anyone knows by whom is it?:p

JahnkeKong
07-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Very nice!! I got to see it (yay to the people who mirrored it!)

Fantastic stuff, the music and editing is wonderfull, and I love the feel, especially the opening shot.

HapZungLam
07-08-2003, 08:37 PM
hey, how long did it take you al together?

plz. please add "texture, scene design, 2D painting, lighting demo" at the beginnin of your reel. Not just modeling. you are great on everything.

are you an asian?:blush:

Kruvi
07-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Very lovely :)

Only thing that perhaps could be a bit different in my humble opinion was the walk animation, perhaps looking a bit too strict.

But I loved everything else, great texturing, modeling and scenery :beer:

phoenix2k
07-08-2003, 09:29 PM
wow that was amazing...

the music fitted in perfectly too... is it self-made and if not whats the name of the band?

aazimkhan
07-09-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by miguel446
Michelle,

I am very impressed with your skill. Nice dynamics, if a little raw, they are still amazing especially considering your level of association with the industry (student). I am particualy amazed with your level of detail in the mesh and textures. Excellent job with convincing levels of bump and specularity. Even your mesh geometry is well well constructed!

I would like to know more about your level of experience. I read here that this is your first association with 3d? Quite amazing work. VFS courses are 48 weeks!!? I worked by butt off in school in the US for two years and didn't graduate with anywhere near the skill your displaying already. Your work is more reflective of a BA course. How long did the project take from concept to completion? What was your level of experience with PSD and other digital creation apps at your initiation?

I'm curious to see how your level of experience relates to your average student as you seem to have excelled far beyond even the most talented individuals that I have know.

I was just reading up on VFS.. sheesh! It's 6k cheaper than an AI Intlnl degree and the work is outstanding! And your done in a year! WOW!

I think we would all be interested to see who snatches you up! Do you have plans to make it to Siggraph?

M

It's in my favs folder!

I need the answers to miguel446's questions too.

I am not doubting ur skills, But finding it hard to beleive that u can produced that being ur first time in 3D.

because as i said earlier, To produce a model with such clean wires - that benefits both animation(deformation) and texturing takes time and practise, also apllying textures the first time with such neatness takes some time too.

Again without doubting, We would like some anwsers to these questions.

Tellerve
07-09-2003, 01:01 AM
wow, incredibly nice...wow. :eek:

Congrats and I would say good luck but you'll not need it, you should find a job in no time.

Best wishes :)

Tellerve

aazimkhan
07-09-2003, 01:18 AM
Oh man i have seen this demo so many times already,
and cant stop thinking about how!!! HOW!! did u go around modeling such complex models! the Tree statue...the WIRES view alone is BLOWING ME....I keep on seeing it, and it looks awesome, and top it off with texturing that thing!!!!!
talk abt unwrapping NIGHTMARES!!!

The Girl, her wire work is simply awesome, I know people who have tried to mode such accurate female and managed to do it after 7-8 tries ...but your model has gr proportions, the cloth work is amazing, with all the wrinles and stuff (modeled)

Where are you MICHELLE!!!....we need to know more, I dont know about u guys, but i surely want to know more about the person behind this, and the way she preceieved 3D the frist time,
I need to develop that thinking, to understand more how things FIT, How do u plan the textures, before the modeling. And how do u plan the modeling so that it works for the animaiton(ie, having clean meshes)...

oh man i think i should leave now, but i surely need some answers.

roguenroll
07-09-2003, 01:24 AM
best ive seen in along time, very nice all around talent, amazing.

nothing lacks.:beer:

rogue

kiaran
07-09-2003, 02:21 AM
I don't know the technical stuff but looks pretty real. Nice ass btw.

dsepshn
07-09-2003, 02:58 AM
What version of divx is it? because for some reason I can download it, but no can see.... Just wonderin....

BryanSilva
07-09-2003, 04:00 AM
Oh my, that was... that was... inspiring, and scary at the same time. Its the people at your skill level that keep me in front of this damn computer screen day after day. I will not sleep right until I can create a demo reel as stunning as yours. Trully, you've done a great job man. Keep up the good work.

Chewey
07-09-2003, 04:48 AM
I have to admit that I found this demo reel one of the finest that I've viewed in quite a while. Congratulations on a job well done.

You've just earned the very rare and coveted "Chewey Likes My Stuff" award.

Keep on truckin!:thumbsup:

michelleblue
07-09-2003, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the mirrors jellyfish & 4nimat0r!

Sceme: "Unfolding" by " Lisa Gerrard & Pieter Bourke".

Xform: Pentium Xeon 2 ghz, 1.5gigs ram, quadro grphx

dsepshn: 5.05

TOXIC-3D: Too bad none of the links work for you, if you want, you can PM me, I will send a copy to you through MSN.

For those that ask for the program outline and the time of completion:
The program is 12 months long total. 6 months to learn the software's fundamental (includes some basic 2D animation and life-drawings).
You will spend the last 6 months on developing your own project. From 2D concept development, storyboarding, 2D animatic then 3D animatic, 3D proxies and then going into the actual 3D characters and sets development.
So, I would say after the first one month of references collection, 2D concept and animatic developments, most people start the actual 3D work from there.
There are datelines and presentations every month to keep people on their toes.
At the very end of the program, some people will get the oppoturnity to get an extension (2 months) to work on their project (The Festival Development Scholarship Program).
The conclusion is, I spent about a month on the concept 2D stuff and almost 7 months on the 3D part.

For those who still have question about the program, please go to the school website, you will find everything you need to know there.

Again, it is my first attempt at 3D and Im really glad how it turns out, I really dont know how to explain all the questions you have asked, aazimkhan, I just do what I can and I do my best.

At last, for those who like my work - :beer:

Cheers,
Michelle :D

Carbon
07-09-2003, 06:32 AM
Hah. You used the music from Undying. Oh yea, beautiful reel. I wish I knew how to use 3d more extensively. =\

aazimkhan
07-09-2003, 06:36 AM
No problem, I was just keen to know.

Great work.

Indavisual
07-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Thats one of the the most beautiful reels ive ever seen!:buttrock:

Teach me your ways.:drool:

I love your style and the environment and well everything. Only crit would be the face looks a lil stiff on the girl but thats no biggy. Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within had stiff faces too in my opinion.

Keep up the good work. I see so many good reels coming out of Vancouver Film School, I wanna go there so bad now. Is Vancouver a nice place to live?:D

koity
07-09-2003, 03:49 PM
This is Chien ko from 3d39.
Wow, You fixed up the lightings and textures.
It looks so much better now.
You really worked hard. Congraduation for the great work
:applause:

I learned a lot from you and dan. Thanks :)

TOXIC-3D
07-09-2003, 03:58 PM
How'dee...!

"A Special Thanks to 4nimat0r..."

I was finally able to download this anime'marvel that everyone has been talk'n about without being asked for a UN & PW...

To michelleblue.... "AWE'some!"

Jim...

lildragon
07-10-2003, 01:57 AM
Can't say anymore Michelle, you done good here ;)

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Awesome work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_july03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

pascal3d
07-10-2003, 06:21 AM
YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE A GODDAMN GENIUS!!!

I just don't know what else to say about your work. It's flawless technically, and absolutely aesthetically incredible. I dont know if you are the editor as well, but the music and the editing is sooo sweet. It got me all pumped up and was bobbin' my head saying "**** yeah!"

You are blessed. Keep up the good work!

yboris
07-10-2003, 06:40 AM
everything is so professional ... it's fantastic ....
EXCEPT !!! it is kinda odd that you have a static background while you have the text (in the opening) ... it looks quite UN-professional :surprised

I'm surprised ... perhaps you could change that (just so it looks uber-good as opposed to very good :buttrock:

I know has nothing to do with 3d, but it's the finished product :D

BryanSilva
07-10-2003, 03:32 PM
...EXCEPT !!! it is kinda odd that you have a static background while you have the text (in the opening) ... it looks quite UN-professional ...

I disagree. If she were to have had the text simply appear in front of her actual frames of animation, it would distract your attention from small, but important details like the way her dress was blowing in the wind.

Copy and paste
07-13-2003, 05:11 AM
AMAZING..THE GIRL IS TOOO GUD AND NOT TO FORGET THE STATUE AND THE GUY INSIDE.
EXCELLENT WORK.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

manutara
07-14-2003, 10:43 PM
but want to be here for you...nice job, nice work, nice talent...nice person...

dongle
07-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Really incredible, it looks like you used the scholarship time to its fullest. It looks like a full video game cinematic done by a team of people. Its well shot, lit, and animated. Fantastic job, its very beautiful.

NOV
07-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Very very nice work. I am amazed by how short amount of time to take you to generate such high quality reel. :thumbsup: good luck at job hunting!!

Bischofftep
07-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Nothing like 7 months of work to create an absolutely stunning piece that inspires just about everyone who sees it.

Anyone who isn't inspired to go and polish up their own work is in the wrong field.

Beautiful.

Congratulations!

:bowdown:

Julez4001
07-20-2003, 01:48 AM
fantastic work. :applause:

Not a fanboy reply, but the whole reel looks very professional. Standard videogame cinematic level.

woadiestyol
07-20-2003, 04:27 AM
Wow, fantastic work, I am very impressed. I love your models and your render...my favorite part is the close-up on the eyes when the lady is glancing around. Great demo reel!:applause:

shashhh
07-20-2003, 01:56 PM
hi michelle,

this is Shash from Maya class 08....its an awsome reel u have made....its hard to get this kinda responce for a fresh 3D artist who has just finished her studies.....really a gr8 work....

i'm still confused if u are the same girl i have met when i was finishing my course.....are u a malaysian girl???

anyways, good luck for your search for job.......

cheers

jo-jean
07-20-2003, 08:09 PM
:) Wonderful,great,fabulous,stupendous job Michelle!!!!
The work you have done in scholarship has really helped to bring all of your elements together beautifully. I love it!!

michelleblue
07-26-2003, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the support, I will keep practicing. You people are just so kind!

shashhh: check your Private Messages :)

coldcurrent
08-13-2003, 09:43 PM
i hate u man!!!
how can u creat a work like this???!!!!
sooooooo niceeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow! :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.