View Full Version : DWIV - 3D - DogmaD - Widow's Sorrow

DogmaD
03-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Saving my thread. Working on concepts.

Race: Demon, Female
Class: Demon Princess
Power: Death/Darkness

I have thought up a bit of a story:

The widow's sorrow is about women emerging from the dimensional tear. Women mourning over their lost ones. But, their eyes are cut out, their mouth sown shut. Their bodies bound to limit their expression. With no outlet for their grief, the grief starts to manifest as dimensional tears. Sucking in any positive energy or mass, trying to balance the immense pain that has build up through the centuries.

So that is the story, I will have some concepts up by the end of the week :twisted:.

Latest update:

http://www.tangrin.com/DWIV/shot1.jpg

DogmaD
03-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Ok, first concept art:

http://www.tangrin.com/DWIV/concept1.jpg

I am thinking of going with an 18th century look as far as clothing goes. It might be interesting to play with transparency on the dress. Also, I will try to incorporate a wintery feel to the character, lighting, etc.

Dermont
03-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Love the look and the idea, especially the no eyes deal "the gateway to the soul."

DogmaD
03-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Second concept:

http://www.tangrin.com/DWIV/concept2.jpg

I am happy with the pose, energy, and monsters. I am not happy with the dress :). The idea is that the creatures pull her down, and keep her in control. She has all these energy burst coming from her, destroying things around her.

Not sure if I should start modeling, or keep fleshing out the concept at this point.

DarkBlueArt
03-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Hello

Really cool idea for a demon. Love it.
the second one sketch is really cool, nice pose, looks very powerfull. But I would turn it a bit, so you can see the womans face, that she is just a dead marionette, but full of power like in your first concept. Would love to see the energy spiking the enemys like spears through their hearts. So maybe they could feel the pain the widow once felt.

so long

Segvoia
03-21-2009, 07:17 PM
I tend to agree with DarkBlueArt in that I want to see her face and see exactly how her mouth and eyes are sealed over, but this is a powerful pose and interesting concept. Good luck :)

antone-m
03-21-2009, 07:38 PM
hey DogmaD
really cool concept I like it alot keep going :beer: ......so far so good :thumbsup:

DogmaD
03-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback DarkBlueArt and Segvoia. Thebest, how are things in collaboration land :beer:?

I agree, the face should be visible in the final shot. I am trying to make the pose appealing under different angles, but the final shot will most definitely show her face. There should be a pretty intimate connection between the mummy-like creatures behind her, and the widow. The ropes that tie her, are wrapped around the mummies, giving them no time to rest, constantly struggling to not get swooped away by the widow. So it is not like the mummies are dominating her, they are more of a victim in the situation.

I want to wrap their faces, but maybe give them both one eye, like they have stolen the eye from the widow, indicating they we're the murderers of her family in the past. Because they have no face, I will need to do my best to show fatigue and wear/tear in their pose and cloth, because they have been struggling for ages.

namnocilis
03-22-2009, 08:19 AM
the story and concept sketch is mindblowing! :surprised Love the pose.. i am really waiting to know more and more about the widows story along with the updates, its like reading a book.. lots of potential with the character..

questionmarks
03-22-2009, 08:50 AM
nice concept...love it...^^
just a thought..maybe the another character will face the other side?
which make 2 of them face different way..gives a more dramatic feeling...P..

ersinerturk
03-22-2009, 09:07 AM
dramatic story for a demon, it's unexpected, i liked :D also it would be better if you can show the widows struggle, pulling strings using her arms. keep going!

antone-m
03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
hey mate time for updates :bounce: :bounce:

DogmaD
04-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, sorry for the long wait. I have been really busy, but I finally had some time to work on the high detail henchman this weekend. The last couple of weeks I have worked on the base-mesh for the henchman. I am trying to mix in a bit of zombie/undead, but keeping a realistic look. The model is still rough, I have just started marking the lines, and where I want to stick the pipes in his back. I also did some basic modeling on the head.

I hope you like!

http://www.tangrin.com/DWIV/shot1.jpg

antone-m
04-13-2009, 06:27 PM
looking good ......... keep going :bounce:

Bri_Spencer
04-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Looking great man! I really like how you pulled the bandages off. You model way too well to be a graphics programmer. Some of the artists around here (me included) might get jealous ;) . Can't wait to see more!

DarkBlueArt
04-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Hello

finally some updates. I waited very long for this. The model looks quite good, although i think he is a bit to massiv and muscular. I would like some thinner one like in your last concept sheet.

so long

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2009, 07:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.