PDA

View Full Version : wohoo DFX+ package arrived + question about upgrade to LW8

Bytehawk
07-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Woohoo, got my package from onevideo today.

sure looks great, dfx even has a courseware dvd to get started.
great class!!!

just one question some other folks may have in a similar situation as mine :

I already have LW75 and upgraded mainly because of the insane deal of DFX+ and LW8 upgrade when it ships

do I need to re register 7.5 with the new serial n or do I need to wait for LW8 to come out ? and if so how ?

there isn't even a voucher for LW8 let alone a new LW8 specific serial number how will Newtek know I paid for LW8 and want to install it the minute it arrives ?

anyone in a similar situation got an answer for these Q's from NT or anyone from NT care to enlighten us ?

WU2
07-08-2003, 08:18 AM
good question...i was wondering the same thing myself

Bytehawk
07-08-2003, 06:10 PM
this is the reply I got from onevideo.

Yes, you need to register the new serial number through the Newtek Europe website. There is a "Register" tab in the top right-hand corner of the home page. I also send them a spreadsheet telling them who has bought which serial number, and when. They will use these records to send everybody who has bought LW7.5, after a certain date, details of how to download the V8 when it is released early next year. They will know which serial numbers are entitled to a free download. If you were to try to use your old serial number it would say that you had to pay for the upgrade.

hope anyone else in this situation finds this usefull

KillMe
07-08-2003, 08:47 PM
i take it this doesn't apply to those who bought lw not upgraded?

and if we want the cd's and manual sent out what we do jstu contact newtek europe and send them some 's and they send?

Bytehawk
07-08-2003, 09:32 PM
I suppose that if you buy the full package you'll receive the DFX box and a LW box

both boxes will have dongles

LW a USB one
DFX a parralel one

both programs will need to be registered. (the eyon registering takes about 2 minutes on their website and is instantly activated - very kewl procedure)

You'll also receive the 75 manual and cds

the LW8 upgrade will be electronically delivered. Lets hope NT also includes the new content they've been talkin about.

All in all I like the electronic distribution. It's much faster than the physical deal . A dl for lets say a CD full of stuf nowadays takes about 1 hr on broadband - the postman takes about 3 weeks to deliver...

Bytehawk
07-08-2003, 09:34 PM
BTW DFX rocks :buttrock: :buttrock:

powerwave3d
07-08-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm a little confused. I already had 7.5, I upgraded to the v8 + DFX+ deal. I inputted my 7.5 serial number when I purchased the deal. What "new serial number" are you talking about? The only thing I got back from Newtek was yes we got your $.

Psyhke
07-08-2003, 11:46 PM
Same here (a little confused, too). So did I just technically buy an upgrade to 7.5 rather than 8? I wonder if I actually have to go register it, or maybe I can just use the serial number later to get the LW8 upgrade when the times comes.

devin
07-09-2003, 12:01 AM
This is a little off the thread topic but does anyone know when the current deal (free upgrade to 8 from any previous version) expires?

Thanks.

Bytehawk
07-09-2003, 12:19 AM
you guys got a new cd right ?
with 7.5 on it and a sticker with a new serial number?

thats the one you need to register. put the old serial as the version you're upgrading from and tick 7.0 as the version n

that's what I did anyway

powerwave3d
07-09-2003, 02:39 AM
Well, actually the last cd I have is 7.0, I downloaded the 7.5 update. So, technically, I put in my 7.0 serial number when I purchased the v8 upgrade. I just hope Newtek has a good handling on it, that's all that really matters. I'd hate to have to go through a lot of hassle when 8 comes out to prove that I already paid for it. I'm pretty confident that won't be the case though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.