PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 3D - DanHibiki - Nilotimab (the Cancer from beyond the stars)

DanHibiki
03-17-2009, 03:06 PM
This is my first time making something for this contest and I'm really looking forward to working some more with Mudbox since I don't get nearly enough of a chance to use it at work.

For my entry I plan to make a truly alien creature with aspects that vaguely resemble shell fish (hence 'Cancer').

I will get to work on drawing up some sketches and will get to work on modeling as soon as possible.

Good luck everyone!

DanHibiki
03-20-2009, 02:23 PM
First Sketches:

DanHibiki
03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I got the body more or less defined in the coloured version and I still need to work on what the back will look like. On the line paper I did a couple of accessory sketches and I settled on the skull necklace.

I'm still working on the weapon and I will need to do some variations but I am pretty sure that it will be a pole arm of some sort.

DanHibiki
03-21-2009, 04:09 AM
updated.

Got a fairly nice design for the polearm, it's a mix of whale and shark jawbones.

I'm thinking of adding more equipment to him like a shield and chainmail. I'll do some test sketches later.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/DanHibiki/attachment.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2009, 04:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.