PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 3D - theLOC - #666

theLOC
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
I am just reserving this thread for my character of Absolute Awsomeness :bounce:

My (first)idea is:

In their search for new ways to strenghten their ranks, humans conducted an experiment to empower their soldiers using demonic blood in hopes of connecting their existence to the demons' outer-dimentional origin of power...Needless to say they had no freakin' idea what it was they wore doing...Failiure after failiure, 665 "volunteers" died after only a few hours of the excruciating pain and anguish that tears a being apart when it finds itself connected to 2 different dimentional realities...
....it was slowly becoming clear that the mortals' body and spirit could not sustain the conection...
But you know what they say "666 time's a charm"!!!
Nobody knows why #666 was different from the others, but after 6 days of agony he became relatively stable...he was the first human to acheave dimentional fusion!
But...after being forced into it, spedning over 140 hours of torment, attaining power,the kind of wich no human has ever felt and achieving a different level of understanding of his own purpose of being ....you can't really expect the mind to really work the way it used to...
So, filled with newfound hatred for his old race he deserted them and joined up the demonic army in a fun filled apocaliptic festival of destruction :p

I'm already half done with the concept :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

theLOC
03-17-2009, 01:04 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3089/666y.jpg
ok...this is the direction I'm goin for now!

colarn42
03-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Interesting back story you got. His hat reminds me of a jester of some sorts. Is he going to be comical in his ways? Or was that unintentional? Personally I'm looking forward to seeing SOMEONE do something comical.

WHY SO SERIOUS?

:)

theLOC
03-17-2009, 01:19 PM
like I said "fun filled apocaliptic festival of destruction" :beer:
he is totaly gonna be the dark comical releaf we are all looking for :p :p :p
He'll put the LAUGHTER back into SLAUGHTER :twisted:

JacquesPena
03-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Definitely a good back story. I do like the jester like trait, has a good, "not to serious" but cynical trait to the idea.

grandyu
03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
hopefully more people go the more stylized approach.
looking forward to see the 3D!

theLOC
03-18-2009, 06:13 AM
@Sleepinglion-totaly!!! :beer:

@grandyu- WOW! you've been reged here for 2 years, and your furst post EVER is in my thread :beer: I am tuched! :D I also hope less people this year will go for the YET ANOTHER UNREAL/GEARS OF WAR/GIGGER look-a-like...

I am gonna do the hole thing in 5-10 days tops...1 day was spent on the idea and design, one will be spent on colorschemeing, one on modeling, one for every map I deside to use...probobly gonna go with 2048x2048 diffuse+alpha for specular...and maybe a 512x512 selfillumination for the hole thing(I hate it when people do a selfilumination map the size of their deffuse texture just to save 5 minutes of work from a second mapchanal that can optimize the freakin thing)
...and onother thing...2048x2048....10000tris...and the render you're gonna be doing is "Up to 1200w x 1000h pixels"....let's see...that means that I can have more then 2pixels per texel and a realy condence mesh....why the hell would I need a normalmap?even in dds* a 2048x2048 hits 2mb...every aditional map is a waste of time, work and most of all-a burdon for the game engine...
I fear that people have goten soooo exited by the ultra high poly modeling and normalmap revolution that they have forgoten what the point of it is...so they use it for everything...
aaaaaanyway... I'm a bit of an idiot :beer:

10q guys for the nice words and stuff...hope I won't disapoint anybody or anything :beer:

NavigatorJones
03-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Oh very cool design, I'm a big fan of Jester-like hats :bowdown:

jett12
03-20-2009, 04:46 AM
Love the jester look, keep going with that idea.

Ferx
03-20-2009, 05:02 AM
Hey Lubomir,

Cool story, like a lot, and the sketch and design are really nice. Your concept sounds good and original. All the best and looking forward for more updates! :D Cheers mate!! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2009, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.