PDA

View Full Version : Need Scapula Movement info

quyeno
07-07-2003, 10:04 PM
hi guys,

for my MSc proj i'm doing a muscle rig in maya and just putting the final touches to rigging the bone geometry. however i'm stump at how the scapula (shoulder blade) should move. I know that they translate up and down when the shoulder moves up and down but don't know much on how rotation there is when the arm is rotated back and forth and also from side to side. if anyone has any info, avi or could even draw me some quick sketches (with reasonably accurate max/min angles) i would really appreciate it.

cheers
quyeno

MasonDoran
07-08-2003, 09:50 AM
u have 2 of them yourself! just move them around a bit if you want to know the max limits. Compare the differance by keeping your elbow locked down at your side and just move your shoulder around and feel the changes with your other hand.

I have found that many animators prefer to eyeball it instead of having joint limits anyways.....

dont know if that helps, cuz i have been looking for the same referance as you and havent found anything.

quyeno
07-08-2003, 11:38 AM
yeah, but having more accurate info would be better because its a muscle rig which drives deformation from the inside out. the bone geometery will influence the muscles and the muscles will influence the skin, therefore i think its quite important to get the movement pinned down or the muscles may not look convincing.

MasonDoran
07-11-2003, 03:26 PM
http://mag.awn.com/index.php3?ltype=pageone&article_no=1549&page=1

quyeno
07-11-2003, 05:36 PM
excellent, thanks for that mate. i also found a couple of anatomy videos as well. thanks for your help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.