PDA

View Full Version : DW IV - 2D - Ferx - Buitruz Zopiloterix

Ferx
03-17-2009, 06:44 AM
uhhhuuu ... I don´t finish on time....

This is the last stand for Zopiloterix... for now. I want to finish the image in the future and hope Zopiloterix will fly through the sky, and beyond !! :D

http://media1.myfolio.com/users/Ferx/images/tthe3d3vnd.jpg

I want to thank everyone who supported and encouraged me during this challenge. That is always the best reward. Despite not having finished, it was fun to participate and a great experience to see the excellent concepts, images and models developed for this challenge. CGSociety rocks! :buttrock:
And yes !!! time for tequila!!! yeaaaaaaa Cheers!! :beer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ready for a new Dominance War ! and joining to the dark side of the force and the best team, CGS !! :buttrock: Good luck to all!! :D

I´m thinking on a cyborg concept, a bit silly and crazy cyborg creature named "Buitruz Zopiloterix", a kind type of predator and scavenger cyborg-bird :D Hope to have some sketches soon.

Again good luck to all the CGsociety Troop :D Cheers!! :beer:

JForbes
03-17-2009, 07:20 AM
love the name that you chose!, I'm struggling with that one myself. Cant wait to see some of your concepts!!
Cheers! :beer:

MartinNielsen
03-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey hey ol' friend. For the glory of CGS and all its members! :)

GaeasHerald
03-18-2009, 03:17 AM
Here you are Fernando! Couldn't find you. Concept sounds fine so go turn it into beautiful art!
BTW, isn't the name "Buitruz Zopiloterix" a bit redundant? Maybe you should add sth with reference to the cyborg part...

Ferx
03-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Ok, my first sketches and concepts for Zopiloterix cyborg :D

http://www.speedee.com.mx/DWIV/zopiloterix_FPS_CS01.jpg

GaeasHerald
03-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Great wips! They're so hilarious. I specially like the one with the rocket attached to its back.

Toke1985
03-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Like the cocept upper left coner that could be cool. but like you over all ideer. But think the lower concept maybe to cartoon for the contest theme(but still nice concept would love to see it made anyway haha) :-) Looking forward for more!

jett12
03-20-2009, 07:31 AM
This is a really cool concept, but it almost seems more suited to the "Scout" class than to the cyborg one... great sketches!

Ferx
03-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Jeremy - Glad that you liked the name :D Thanks for your words! Cheers mate !

Martin - Hey my friend!! for sure this challenge will be greate! For the glory of CGS and all its members! Cheers!! :beer:

Gerardo - Thanks friend. You are right about the name.. yes , need to put some cyborg reference on the name :) Really glad that you liked the first concepts. Cheers my friend!! :beer:

Toke - Thanks mate! I really appreciate your words. Yes I´m thinking on a cartoon concept for this challenge :D

Jett - Glad that you liked the concept. You are right, maybe Zopiloterix is best suited on scout class, thanks for point that! Cheers!! :beer:

Ataulfo
03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi Fernando,

Niceto see you here. Very good concept sketches.:thumbsup:
Keep it up dude.:beer:

MartinNielsen
03-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Funny as hell :) The helicopter guy is priceless.

Donglu-LittleFish
03-20-2009, 02:03 PM
hehe, so cute! I like this dude, keep it up!

Intervain
03-20-2009, 02:23 PM
really cool, love the vulcher idea! And it's always like fresh breeze to see something different than a huge muscular mountain wih lots of tendons sticking out ;) Will be following this:wip:

Gyorkland
03-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Que hay Ferx nice to see you here, again, nice concept dude, I preffer the one that dosen´t have too much metal the other one looks more like robot than a cyborg, cool vehicle too, good luck. and like you say:
Cheers!!:beer:

ShogunWarrior
03-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Yes, thats very nice work, i like the character a lot!

Zephyri
03-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Really like the feel of the side profile shot, how he has these sleek swoopy lines... still feels cartoonish, but not rediculous, which I quite like. The idea of a bird flying on a fish is a small stroke of upside down genius though!

sadrack
03-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Hi Ferx

really cool begin, i like a lot the cartoon style, very original for this kind of contest, good luck very high level sketch.

chingon el diseño, jeje.

s.

stridiggio
03-21-2009, 06:58 PM
hey, I love the third concept with the fish machine, buena suerte. :wavey:

Maxter
03-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey Fernando, really cool concepts, just do it a tad more agressive. I like your style and your original ideas. Keep it up!:thumbsup:

OKMER
03-22-2009, 07:59 PM
NOw Frenando Fernando what have you been drinking again?
LOLLL
Great to see you in friend!
I love the bird on the fish!!!

namnocilis
03-22-2009, 08:10 PM
lovely concept.. love the character

Seven
03-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh I love it, great to see something completely different.

BaronImpossible
03-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Love it! I guess the rotor blade is in case the engine fails. Always as well to be sure.

Ferx
03-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Iban - Thanks my friend! All the best and I following your concept. Cheers!!

Martin - Really thanks my friend! Glad that you liked. Cheers!! :D

Donglu - Thanks for your words and encouragement ! :D

Magdalena - Thanks a lot! Yes, I want to go in a bit different direction with this concept. Glad that you liked

Jorge - Qué onda ? Thanks for your kind words my friend!! I really appreciate it! Cheers!! :beer:

Peter - Thanks!! Really glad that you liked ( Hey, do you enter to the challenge?? )

Samantha - Thanks for your word, I really appreciate it. Totally agree with you. I´m going mor for a design like the profile sketch. Again , really thanks for your comment :D

Gustavo - Really thanks my friend!! Hope I can match your great concept !! Cheers!! :D

David - Thanks mate !! Glad that you liked the flying fish machine concept. Cheers!!

Fabio - Hey my friend!! Really thanks for droping here abd for the comment. Yes, you are right, need to work some sketches for the expression on Zopiloterix. Cheers!! :beer:

Remko - Thanks my friend!! Hahahahahaha.... I´m trying a new (and a bit dangerous) beverage ... Absinthe (Absente, Ajenjo) + anis liquor extra dry + tequila (kids, parents and any person on his five, dont try this at home or any other place, seriously... hahahahahahaha ). Again, really thanks for your words! Cheers!! :beer:

Nitin - Thanks mate!! Really glad that tou liked! :D

Jon - Really thanks for your words!! :D

Simon - Really thanks!! You are totally right hahahahahaha... He is a some sort of evil genius, but not much clever. Cheers!! :beer:

FrozZT
03-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Haha, thats quite funny. :) Very nice take on a cyborg, definately not what you'd expect! Lets see some more! Keep it up!

-Niklas

ShogunWarrior
03-24-2009, 02:38 AM
Hey Fernando, start posting up some more samples! stop keeping the audience in suspense! They all adore your works and so do I. My only suggestion is making your modeling a little more realistic feel to it and some crazy stuff. Make them bulky and have some muscle tone, lol.. Otherwise your character rendering looks good in perspective views and I haven't really seen much, but do bring it on more!! good stuff man..putting you on my hot list! hehehe... take care for now my friend...

NavigatorJones
03-24-2009, 03:07 AM
Lol this is awsome Ferx! Great job :D

NovaKnight
03-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Nice work man. I personally like the upper left drawing, but the bottom one definitely has potential for a scout type. Keep up the good work!:wavey:

laurentino
03-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Hi Ferx!
Nice to see you! Great concepts =)
Hope to see more soon =)

See ya.

madbot
03-25-2009, 09:04 AM
:thumbsup: very cool, great sketches so far, love the fish/vehicle

Ferx
03-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Niklas - Thanks for your words mate! Glad that you liked the concept :D

Peter - Really thanks for your words my friend, I reall appreciate it :) You are right about the realistic look and more for this challenge... but i want to go in the total opposite direction, I´m thinking like I making a game on 2D cartoon style animation :D Again, really thanks for your encouragement! Cheers my friend!! :beer:

Katie - Thanks, really glad that you liked !! :D

Richard - Thanks mate! You are right, maybe I can explore the scout class with this character :D

Filipe - Hey my friend!! Glad to see you! :D and thanks for the encouragement !! Cheers!! :beer:

Matt - Thanks for your words ! Glad that you liked the "rocket-fish" :D

Ferx
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Working a bit on Zopiloterix :D Add a proppeller system and a gatling gun :D I have the idea of some sort of hand grande. Zopiloterix can throw this bombs to his enemys :D

http://www.speedee.com.mx/DWIV/concept_buitruz02.jpg

The bombs have their own propulsion system and AI(artifficial inteligence) combat systems :D ( I hope ). This is a concept sheet for the bombs. Thinkingin on 2 options: "silly bombs" or "droid bombs". The bombs are neutron / thermo nuclear bombs .... upsss a bit exagerated.... but looking the demons and norms in this war is the least that can be used.... :D

http://www.speedee.com.mx/DWIV/bomb_concepts.jpg

syrez-one
03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
hey fernando, just wanted to ask when you'll do some updates.. but here they are. followed this for a while.. Its a very funny idea! Zopiloterix riding on the fish made me laugh too..

perhaps you can mix your accesoires ideas for him and make different, eh , sets he uses .. like he mainly drives the fish, but when, leaving the fish behind an in batlle he can still pop out his propeller system and fly a bit, when he has lost ammo...

just an idea of course..

and antoher: maybe u could modify his gattling gun into something funny like the bombs.. which are a cool addition already!

Hellgaurdian
03-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Hehe.. Nice concept Fernando.. like it a lot.. for some reason that vulture robot reminds me of coyote in roadrunner..:surprised

MartinNielsen
03-26-2009, 12:30 PM
I just love the comedy style of your work :)

Ataulfo
03-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I like the pose that Zopiloterix have now.

Great study of bombs. I like the second droid bomb.

:beer:

aeonseraph
03-26-2009, 09:54 PM
I just love these silly bombs of yours, they're so cute :D

sadrack
03-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Hi Ferx

i can to see the final image a really big, big, struggle with all kind of explosion, for my the style is amazing, i am more animator that illustrator and this style make me crazy want to take and start to move and make some short with them jeje, good luck i really want to see more.

s.

rhemrev
03-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Can't believe I missed out on this thread! Really cool design man, good to see some more cartoony approaches to the topics! I really like the bird, it feels really solid. Maybe you can push the bird theme some more, and make the bombs shaped more like eggs instead of round? And the gun could use a re-design aswell, as it currently doesn't realy fit te character.....maybe give it a barrel shaped like a bird beak or someting :P

Maybe he could use those big claws in battle aswell, maybe he holds one of those bombs in 1 claw? Just a thought! :)

Keep up the good work, u r bookmarked! :D

-Edwin

iadagraca
03-27-2009, 04:14 AM
i can't see any images T_T

rattlesnake
03-27-2009, 04:22 AM
very good concepts man!!.. i think the rocket one is my favorite one so far...but it looks really buttkicker with the machine gun too!!...just remember not to make it too powerfull or my Invoker wont stand a chance in a combat :scream: :)

:wavey:

GaeasHerald
03-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Fernando, those bombs really cracked me up. They're so funny. I like the silly bombs better than the droid bombs, cause they have the same feel as the main character.
It's great to see someone who finds the humorous side of this challenge. :bowdown: :beer:

NH
03-27-2009, 10:50 AM
HAHAHAHA Dude your concepts are soooo coool !
I love these silly bombs.
Zopiloterix is excellent, maybe he's still too much gray...
Keep it up mate.. it seems that your tequila is damn' powerful :D

DerrickSong
03-27-2009, 04:52 PM
cool work man, i like the cartonist style you got there, the bomb mode design is great, just wish to see how you will develop it more.

Maxter
03-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Your Zopiloterix looks great...those silly bombs will be a serious problem for the enemies forces:) Cheers!!

neobear
03-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Hehe cool design, i like you cartoon style. Harrier with no wings and helicopter's propeller nice idea. I will keep an eye on you progress!

chava
03-28-2009, 12:48 AM
hey man, nice concept. I like the idea of they moving as helicopters, i think is original. keep working hard.

(aki seguimos apollando a la raza, saludos)

Nadiamoon
03-28-2009, 12:49 AM
Thanks a lot for your comments! I like your bombs arsenal a lot. keep up a good work! I will keep an eye on your thread:)

Synectikos
03-28-2009, 01:01 AM
HA HA, I love it! Your designs are fresh and fun. The silly bombs are great. I'll be watching this post closely!

APD-Jack
03-28-2009, 01:19 AM
:D I like the bomb designs. Concept is so funny and cartoony..
Keep it up
Good luck to you

stroggtank
03-28-2009, 08:18 AM
A bunch of this guys surely would make a good threat against the enemy demons and stuff...
I like your idea, keep the progress comming :P

Good luck! mucha suerte compa!! :D

jett12
03-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Awesome bombs! maybe some explosive egg bombs if you want to go toward the lighter comedic side :D

Soggyclog
03-28-2009, 10:32 AM
These are awesome! I love the humour in the designs. Keep it up!

DanielCortes
03-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi there. Well, me too, I like how everything is looking, you’ve got character, design, identity and humor. After looking at it for a couple minutes or so, I wouldn’t change a thing. So my only constructive critic would be to try and come up with a couple more dudes, you never know what you might run into, especially with what you have in that bottle of yours…ha! Take care, and thanks for dropping by.

namnocilis
03-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Zopiloterix is looking awesome! i just love everything u sketch man.. :love:love the style
the bomb design and the how they work is all great! i wish those were real :buttrock:

Silkcats
03-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Cool sketches man!! I'ts nice to see a friendly like robot from time to time!! (even if he's holding a gun!)

Keep up!! ;)

Ferx
03-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Patrick - Really thanks for your comments and great suggestions. I´m working on the weapon for zopiloterix on a more crazy way

Hellguardian - Thanks, glad that you liked. Yes, Zopiloterix on the rocket reminds a bit Wile Coyote on his crazy rockets traying to catch the roadrunner... hhahahaha

Martin - Thanks my friend, really glad that you like the concept! Cheers!! :beer:

Iban - Thanks for your words my friend. Glad that you liked the bomns concept. I dont know wich type I will use for the final idea.

Armand - Thanks mate. Glad that you liked!!

Gustavo - Really thanks my friend. Yes this is a totally animation concept hahahaha. Maybe when finish the war we can star a little project animating Zopiloterix :D

Edwin - Really thanks for your comments and cool suggestions! The egg shape for the bombs sounds great, I give a try for sure, and I working in a new type of weapon for Zopiloterix :D Thanks again !!

Isiac - Thanks for droping here. A shame that you cant see the images, but thanks for your visit ( hope in the next visit yo can see the images)

Jorge - Thanks mate!! Really glad that you liked the concept. I´m try some less powerful bombs, termo-neutron nuclear bombs sounds a bit exagerated... hahahahaha. Maybe a "tequila" bombs, with ultra speed hangover effects.... :D

Gerardo - Thanks my friend !! Happy that you enjoyed the silly bombs. You are right, perhaps the silly bombs match better with the Zopiloterix concept! Cheers!! :D

Nabil - Really thanks mate for your words and encouragement!! I really appreciate it! You are right, the tequila is a so powerful "musa"(muse) Cheers!! (with tequila!! :D)

Derrick - Thanks for your words mate!! Glad that you liked the cartoon style on the concept ! Cheers!!

Fabio - Really thanks my friend for your support and encouragement!! Cheers!! :D

Neobear - Thanks a lot for your words!!And glad that you like the concept!

Salvador - Thanks Chava for your words and encouragement! Working hard to finish this concept!! (Para al menos al final tomarnos unas tecates bien muertas )

Nadia - Thanks for your words and really glad that you liked the concept!! Cheers!!

Shawn - Really thanks mate!! Hope to have more updates soon!! Cheers!! :D

Cenk - Thanks for your words mate!! And all the best to you!! Cheers!!

Carlos - Really thanks mate!! Hope the bombs can be dangerous against the great demons and normals in this war, maybe a bit tequila on their systems can help. Again thanks for your encouragement! Cheers!! Salú compa :D

Jett - Thanks for your words !! I really apprecoiate it!. You are right, maybe some egg bombs designs can work well with the concept! Cheers!!

Tamas - Really thanks for your words mate!! and glad that you liked the concept! Cheers!!

Daniel - Thanks mate for your words and encouragement. You are right, need to work some more concept on Zopiloterix. Hope to have more updates soon :D Cheers!!

Nitin - Thanks for your words!! I really appreciate it and glad that you liked the concept!! All the best mate! Cheers!!

Felipe - Really thanks!! In some way Zopiloterix is a nice guy, but he is totally in the dark side, he loves tequila and cyberchicks ... hahahahaa. Again thanks for droping by

SteevieWoo
03-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Cheers buddy!, this thing is going really good, and I think you're doing good time too, you have a lot of material done aleready.
These designs exude how much much fun you're having at it. and that's a great quality. I can only root for you from here! Go Fer! Yeah!!
As always, count on me for anything you might need, and don't hold back on the wackiness, it's working great so far!!;)

Good times...

Ferx
03-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Gabriel - Hey my friend!! Cool to see you here :D Thanks for your words! Yes I´m having a great time with this :D Thanks for your support and encouragement!! Cheers!! :beer: + tequila, yeaaaa!! :D

Ferx
03-31-2009, 08:47 AM
Working now on some options for Zopiloterix´s main weapon :D The idea is a some sort of launcher for the silly bombs :D one is a crossbow gun and the other is a pneumatic gun :D Think that the pneumatic gun is better suited on the concept :D

http://www.speedee.com.mx/dwiv/weapons_concepts01.jpg

MartinNielsen
03-31-2009, 09:42 AM
You just keep getting laughs out of me :) That silly crossbow is so funny :)

Ferx
03-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Martin - Thanks my friend :D Really having great time with Zopiloterix ... hahahahha :D And you deserve an extra beer and 5 tequila shots :D, because you opened the fifth page of the thread :D Cheers my friend!! :beer: + (5 tequilas) :D

ROBOTTANK
03-31-2009, 09:11 PM
.....:beer:.....

StefanoDubay
03-31-2009, 09:25 PM
i totally love this ironic one :) juioce him up a bit tho :) like crazy attachments all over the place

Ataulfo
03-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Very nice sketches, dude. :)

You are becoming better and better. keep it up:beer:

GaeasHerald
04-01-2009, 02:59 AM
Fernando, your sketches keep getting funnier and funnier. The one on steroids rocks! The bomb's mom is cool too, and maybe her eyes could be the same glowy light blue as the bombs, so that it has more cohesiveness.
Keep them coming man, we need these laughs :beer:.

GregStrangis
04-01-2009, 06:12 AM
That last group of sketches are great man, that gatling gun is wicked

Galvaniseoil
04-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Hey Ferx,
Looking cool. Great idea to go in a different direction. Love the style of your work and looking foward to seeing more

Ferx
04-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Robottank - .... :beer: .... + tequila

Stefano - Thanks for your words and really glad that you liked the last update!! Cheers!! :beer:

Iban - Really thanks my friend for your support!! Cheers!! :beer:

Gerardo - Thanks for your encouragment my friend! Nice suggestion for "Bomb´s Mom" gun :D Thanks and cheers!! :beer:

Gregory - Really thanks for your words and glad that you liked the concept and "Bomb´s Mom" :D Cheers!! :beer:

David - Thanks mate !! Really fun to go on the silly side hahahaha :D( maybe too much beer and tequila :D) Cheers!! :beer:

cgmodel77
04-01-2009, 10:24 AM
I like this :cool: Yes, thats very nice work, i like the character a lot!

Shiramune
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Very cool style you're using here~! and YES! the silly crossbow is awesome!

DanielCortes
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Since everyone’s patting you on the back (and well disserved), I think you need a tough task master. You know, one who will sit down and have a cold one with you, after driving you virtually to the point of dead from exhaustion...sound like a plan? Or we can all just have fun at your tequila joint… :beer:

Sepulverture
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Funny style, funny designs. Love the whimsical darkwing duck approach you have taken here. Good stuff.

Stutts
04-02-2009, 02:54 PM
This is Great man:buttrock:! Definitely love the pneumatic gun! Keep up the good work! :beer: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

MrRico
04-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Muy Chingón man! Really smart character and great accesories. Is nice to see this style around. Keep it up bro!

Ricardo Contreras
-----------------
My DWIV thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=282&t=746170)

wenart
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
love the character design there :D

Ferx
04-03-2009, 09:00 AM
CGmodel - Thanks mate! Glad that you liked :D

Paul - Thanks for your words, I really appreciate it ! Cheers!! :D

Daniel - Really thanks for all of yur support and encouragement!! Think that a tequila party can be a great idea! hahahahahaha :D Cheers my friend!! :beer:

Nicholas - Thanks for your words mate! Glad that you liked the concept. I dont know, maybe the next update I post something more serious.... :rolleyes: hahahahaha Again, thanks!! Cheers!! :D

Joshua - Really thanks for the encouragement!! Glad that you like Zopiloterix concept! Cheers!! :beer:

Ricardo - Thanks a lot bro!! ( de dónde eres Ricardo? porque sabes mexicano ... jajajajajaja y que tal Budapest? dicen que es una ciudad realmente chingona :D) Salú compa!! :beer:

Wenart - Really thanks mate!! Glad that you liked the idea :D Cheers!!

namnocilis
04-04-2009, 07:50 PM
wow! i would really love to watch a movie made with your characters..:love: you come up with such great new ideas everytime.. hatsoff!

BaronImpossible
04-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Neat concepts, like the gattling gun especially :)

Maxter
04-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Really cool updates Fernando, as usual! I like that crossbow gun:D Cheers my friend!:beer:

AxelAlonso
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Awesome! The Silly bombs are excellent and epic! And I like them 100% for sure! The concept it´s coming out really solid! :thumbsup: As for the weapon the gun from Mama! :D it´s the one that can represent a better whole circle of fun all over the gadgets Zopiloterix will use...I might just keep a better face to her , the glowing eyes suggestion, it´s a good one! I imagine that she could get a bit frowning when she shots a nasty bomb, and depending on the silly bomb, the expression changes...haha :D As for the rocket.. could be also a good thing to play in his expression coz, you can do it, and what it´s best you can do it awesome! Go Fer Go! :arteest: :buttrock:

syrez-one
04-07-2009, 12:53 PM
hihi, these bombs in the crossbow are funny :) would love to see more sketches just for the fun i have with watching them , hehe

but its already a cool cartoony character you got there.. compared to all this dark stuff we others try to do around here..

keep it up man!

Yone
04-10-2009, 09:04 AM
A really hilarious concept Ferx.
Great to see some more humor around dominance war.

I love the crazy mechanized robot chicken look. I would say that the weapon I think would look cooler if it was at a larger scale than him. Keeping it always funny so it looks like the recoil of the gun would send him flying.

I think it is all about the guns with this guy. Guns, bullet cases, grenades and good old fashion missiles are good weapons to give him. A crossbow just doesn't suit so much high tech.

Necronomiden
04-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Fernando! siempre me encantan tus conceptos :arteest:

those concepts are perfectly suited for a good saturday morning cartoon :D something that we are lacking in mexico.
the pneumatic gun concept is the best lol :buttrock:

ROBOTTANK
04-12-2009, 09:12 AM
cool, you're doing an awesome job man. I love the concepts, everything is turning out great, I love the cross bow especially, you have a great animation style.

nzrkiwi
04-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Totally crazy and fun real nice work!!! keep the good work up. He could be a tv cartoon series:)

PeterBraeley
04-14-2009, 05:36 AM
wow i totally missed this, i really enjoyed the progress very entertaining, made me laugh love your work can't wait to see more!!!

thanks for comment!!

Ferx
04-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Nitin - Really thanks for your words! an extra motivation in this challenge, thanks and Cheers!! :D

Simon - Thanks!! Really glad that you liked "Mom´s bombs" gattling gun :D

Fabio - Thanks my friend for the encouragement! Cheers!! :beer:

Axel - Hey my friend!! Really thanks for your words and encouragement!! Great idea on the Mama´s face, I´m taking note on your cool sugestion. Again thanks for your visit my friend!! :D

Patrick - Thanks mate! Really glad that you liked the cartoon style on the Zopiloterix concept Cheers!! :D

Yone - Really thanks for your words!! You are totally right, great suggestions!! Thanks!! Cheers!! :D

Sergio - Thanks my friend for your encouragement!! Really glad that you liked this wacky concept. Cheers!! :beer:

Andy - Really thanks mate for your words and support! Glad that you liked the crossbow gun. Cheers!! :D

Brent - Really thanks ! Glad that you liked the cartoon style for Zopiloterix. Cheers!! :D

Peter - Thanks mate for your words, I really appreciate it! Cheers!! :D

Ferx
04-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Not much free time, but I can't resist the fun to give a try a different concept for Zopiloterix :D This is the abomination version for Buitrus Zopiloterix :D

http://media1.myfolio.com/users/Ferx/images/mwmksna2pm.jpg

ario
04-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Huh! thats so funny. I really like the funny characters. but for this challenge maybe we should design more harsh things! Do you agree with me?
I started a funny character for the war. but I'm not sure about the funny caharacters. So I want to make it more hideous instead funny! :(
What do you think?

My DWIV entry:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5795465#post5795465

Good luck my friend:
Alireza

alexy
04-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Hello dude :)

I really like the first one :p The tequila cocktails O_o I need one :D

It could be a cool Scout Unit I think :)

GaeasHerald
04-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Fernando, I've been waiting for this for so long cause I need some laughs desperately! Your designs are superb, I wish you had the time to develop every single concept. The tequila cocktails would look great on your previous version of Zopiloterix as fuel or lubricant, maybe you could incorporate it somehow.:)

About it being too funny, the brief of the first dominance war said that cartoony characters and anime characters were stricty prohibited :sad:: http://www.gameartisans.org/dominancewar/1/readbrief/index.htm. However, newer rules and briefs don't seem to address this issue explicitly.... My advice is: if you're going for the win, you'll probably have better chances with a more "realistic" character. If you're just trying to learn and have fun, don't mind about it and make it as funny as only you can! Some rules are meant to be broken ;)
You have my support and admiration whatever your choice.:beer:

NavigatorJones
04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Tequila Cocktails! Yeah!
I lol'd at his rino/turtle foot 8D! Looking forward to seeing how you compose the find shot!

Necronomiden
04-15-2009, 03:47 PM
hahaha tu y tus tequillas ferx :D no mams.

i lol'd so hard :D great concept, ive never seen an abomination fueled by alcohol and much less by the purest most delicious type that of alcohol.... tequilla!
you've instantly moved this cartoon from saturday morning to midnight:beer:

siguele dandole duro.

rattlesnake
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey man..the abomination vesion looks pretty cool...really love your concepts here:cool: :beer:

ShamesArt
04-15-2009, 04:20 PM
funny concept, he looks really drunk :beer: good job :thumbsup:

Maxter
04-15-2009, 04:23 PM
hahaha, very funny:D Great idea my friend! Definitely I want one of those... Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

Civerad
04-15-2009, 05:06 PM
I like how this is progressing. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

DanielCortes
04-15-2009, 05:09 PM
As always, simply hilarious :D you'd be surprised how far a joke can go. I never got the impression your trying to win anything and that’s good because it frees you to do whatever you want, and that freedom is attractive. You just have fun, hang out, post a lot of good comments everywhere (cant figure out how you keep up) and enjoy the ride, and I think this one will take you far and if it doesn’t, well, we can just take some of that dudes beverage and have a couple rounds. Metele con todo vieja! You’re a great inspiration :beer:

MartinNielsen
04-15-2009, 06:40 PM
You never stop, do ya? :) Funny and wacky as always. And of course tequila... :beer:

Ataulfo
04-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Hi dude,

Very nice and funny character, but i think that the other Zopiloterix looks better.
Waiting for more updates:beer:

ario
04-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Hey my friend! Thanks for the feedbacks. You are so right. we should keep the funny concepts for the war! Long live - viva - the ZOPILOTERIX! :D
And about zopiloterix! if it's in machine class, Just put more machines and robotic things! The last one is half norm-machine ;) I really like the weapons and bombs you made. Just develope them :D I really look for more concepts my friend. Maybe a same propulsion system for all of them make it more funny.
That was just my idea.
Cheers:
Alireza

My DMWIV (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5795465)

Donglu-LittleFish
04-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi speedy, already got the colors done! Looking really cool! I can feel lot of personnality from this character, keep it up!

AlienKing
04-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Funny and creative, haha....i like. :D

Ferx
04-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Alireza - Thanks for your words mate, glad that you liked the concept. I think that a cartoony characters can be well suited for a good videogames, why not? :D Maybe I´m taking in an informal way this challenge, totally my fault. Cheers!!

Alexandre - Really thanks !! You are right, perhaps Zopiloterix can be a better scout than a cyborg. Cheers!!

Gerardo - Thanks my friend for all of your support and encouragement!! Think that the cartoony rule dont apply for this challenge... I hope. Thanks for the advice, but I´m not going for the win for sure I think that this challenges are a great oportunity to learning, to push our creativity and imagination, and for share in advance our works with people that share the same pasion ( this is the real prize on this challenge :D) and for have great fun. Again, really thanks for your great support, and extra motivation for this challenge. Cheers my friend!! (con mate!)

Katie - Really thanks for your words, glad that you liked the abomination version of
Zopiloterix

Sergio - Thanks my friend !! Wich other biological sustance can be better than tequila! Thanks for your support! Cheers!! :D

Jorge - Really thanks for your words, glad that you liked the concept!! Cheers!! :D

Shames - Thanks mate !!

Fabio - Thanks my friend for your support !! Cheers! :D

John - Really thanks mate! Glad that you liked!

Daniel - Thanks my friend for your great comment, a really honor and a great motivation. Time for a lot of tequila shots! Cheers!! :beer:

Martin - Thanks my friend for your great support and encouragement! Cheers!! :D

Iban - Really thanks my friend. I´m going with the cyborg concept, this variation was more for fun :D Cheers!!

Alireza - Thanks for the feedback, cool sugestions muy friend!

Donglu - Really thanks my friend, very glad that you liked Zopiloterix character! :D

AlienKing - Thanks mate !!

daelon
04-22-2009, 08:38 AM
wow you did a very creative character :buttrock: like the idea, so funny

ario
04-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow! Hey my friend. Thanks for the supports and thank you for the good feedbacks dude.
How is the Zopiloterix?
I'm really waiting for the new updates.
Cheers:
Alireza

DeadInTheAttic
04-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Cute thing. Disguise ad its best.
And his secret weapon might be a rubber duck ;)

BaronImpossible
04-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Love those glowing flasks of tequila - radioactive booze, now there's an idea :)

Ferx
04-26-2009, 05:23 AM
Elias - Thanks for your words mate, glad that you liked the concept! Cheers!! :D

Alireza - Your welcome my friend! After this post a new update! :D Thanks for the support!!

Christian - Really thanks for dropping by! Hahahahahahah the rubber duck is a great idea, maybe I can make a cyber-rubber-duck pet for Zopiloterix, cool!! :D Cheers!!

Simon - Thanks my friend!! Maybe I can develop that idea for a movile drink bar :D hahahaha Thanks for your support ! Cheers!! :beer:

Ferx
04-26-2009, 05:33 AM
I turn the table again :D A totally different idea for the concept. I can't resist to give a try to all the options for characters in this challenge ( for sure is a side effect of the tequila :D) Now is time for demon princess :buttrock: She is "Diabla Zopilota", the demon princess version of Zopiloterix ( gosh.. too much tequila... hahahahaha)

http://media1.myfolio.com/users/Ferx/images/kmzmaxmyxl.jpg

ario
04-26-2009, 05:43 AM
Wow! I love the boots and the pose! You have so many ideas! Like the concepts they are too much! :D But which one is going to be the last character? :D I really love all of them but the robot zopiloterix is my favorite one!
Cheers:
Alireza

Ataulfo
04-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi dude. Nice to see another of your sketches. This one looks very good, very nice colors but Buitruz Zopiloterix continues being my favourite.

keep it up Cheers!! :beer: + tequila

Necronomiden
04-26-2009, 06:41 PM
esta bien sexy tu diabla zopilota ferx, jamas pense que diria eso en mi vida :D

maybe you could incorporate some of what you did in the Buitrus Zopiloterix concept that the people liked so much into this new character, zome tequila shots bulging out of her back kinda in a wing pattern i dono :D

Phill99
04-27-2009, 02:03 AM
You have some pretty great character sketches up here! Love the cartoony style. Keep it up!

GaeasHerald
04-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Zopiloterix as a demon princess/biker chick, I didn't see that coming! I guess all you've got left to do is the demon lord version of it. I could be spitting fire, or better yet, spitting tequila and using that to start the fire. It would be an awful waste of boose tho :sad:.

As always, hilarious and mad! Well done!:beer:

Ferx
04-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Alireza - Thanks my friend!! I´m going with Zopiloterix cyborg concept, but want to explore other concepts. Again, yhanks for your support :D

Iban - Thanks for all of your support my friend :D You are right, Zopiloterix will be my final concept, I hope. Cheers!! :beer: + tequila + whisky + rum + vodka

Sergio - Really thanks friend! Glad that you liked this "diabla" :D And great ideas for she! Cheers!! ( Yo creo que voy a seguir con la idea del zopilote, que es lo que tengo mas desarrollado ya que no queda mucho tiempo y yo gastandolo con otros conceptos :D) Cheers my friend!! :beer:

Phill - Thanks mate for your words!! Glad that you liked this last concept!! Cheers!! :D

Gerardo - Really thanks my friend for your support and encouragement :) I dont know if I have time to continue the exploration on other concepts, I need to concentrate on my final idea... hahahahaha Tequila!!! yeaaaaa .... hahahaha, no, seriously, I need to work on Zopiloterix final concept. Cheers my friend!! :beer:

Gyorkland
04-27-2009, 08:29 PM
hot twist dude this is looking great the colors are looking very nice too congratulations, I just hope you can make it to the dead line good luck.

rattlesnake
04-27-2009, 09:38 PM
jejeje, this last concept is also cool mate...but the Zopiloterix one rocks harder in my opinion..:), youre doing a good creative work here :cool:

BaronImpossible
04-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Ha! Those boots! :D Some great ideas you've got...

Ferx
04-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Jorge (Gyorkland) - Thanks for your support my friend. I know that be difficult to make the dead line , but I try my best :D

Jorge (Rattlesnake) - Really thanks for your words and encouragement. Yes I´m going for Zopiloterix for my final concept :D Cheers!!

Simon - Thanks for all of your support :D Glad that you liked that crazy boots!! Cheers!! :beer: (and now is time for no more tequila and go to work hard to finish my concept :))

Sepulverture
04-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Looking good man.

ShamesArt
04-29-2009, 11:15 PM
yeah it looks really cool, keep going mate :)

Ferx
04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Nicholas and Shames : thanks for your words and support! Cheers!! :D

DanielCortes
05-03-2009, 05:07 PM
god thats one scary nipple. I think that witch feel is great, like real ugly and a sick grin, your doing great, she'll kick ass.
Thanks for all your support and very useful comments, keep it up bro. y dale un descanso al tequi te van a cosinar el celebro...ha! :beer:

jett12
05-06-2009, 09:29 PM
So what concept are yous settling on? they are all pretty amazing :D GL with the final stretch

MartinNielsen
05-06-2009, 11:18 PM
LOL! This is really the story of your contest-life. You keep adding concepts, but never really submit anything. Get in gear, man! Decide!! Oh...Nice character (again) :) :beer:

MrRico
05-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi Fernando

So which one is the final design? I love both but I think the first one was more interesting.

Keep it up!
Best
Ricardo

My DWIV WIP (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5767025#post5767025)

Ferx
05-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Daniel - Thanks my friend, glad that you liked "Diabla Zopilota" Hope to have time to finish one concept :D Cheers!! :beer:

Jett - Thanks for your words. I´m going with the first concept, the cyborg "Zopiloterix" :D

Martin - :D That is not totally true, I finished my concepts for "Strange Behavior", "Uplift Universe" and DW IV minichallenge :D

Ricardo - Thanks mate. Yes , I´m going with the first concept. Thanks again for dropping by. :D

Ferx
05-16-2009, 02:45 AM
With only hours to the finish of this challenge (thanks for the extension :D) I start working on the final image. Hope have enough time ... :argh:

This is the first stage:

http://media1.myfolio.com/users/Ferx/images/j41gii1fd1.jpg

rattlesnake
05-16-2009, 02:46 AM
i like it bro!..i think the pose and camera angle is very nice for the final compo...keep going man u can do it!!

ROBOTTANK
05-16-2009, 03:02 AM
looks awesome man. nice composition and colors, you still have plenty of time to finish :)

Stutts
05-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Hurry you can make it! Love the composition! Good luck man!

stroggtank
05-16-2009, 04:49 AM
go man, go!!! buy yourself a coffee gallon! and once you finish you can sleep all the weekend ;)

good luck mate!, the composition and atmosphere is perfect.

suerte compa!! saludos!!! :beer:

SteevieWoo
05-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Aw this is going awesome!!
come on Fer, go for it! You really got a great design done and I'm thrilled to see the final result!
I honestly think you topped yourself with this one.
keep having fun you mastero! Me? I'm celebrating already:beer:

Ferx
05-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Jorge - Thanks my friend ! Trying my best :D Cheers!!

Andy - Really thanks mate, glad that you liked the composition! Cheers!! :D

Joshua - Thanks for dropping by :D appreciate all of your support!! Cheers!!

Carlos - Really thanks for your words! Yes you are right, I´m connecting my self to the coffee pot intravenous via :D Cheers!!

Gabriel - Thanks my friend !! No, the only "mastero" here are you :D But know that you are pressing me... hahahahahaha. Thanks for the visit !! Cheers!! :beer:

Ferx
05-17-2009, 02:26 AM
Final image - Stage 2

http://media1.myfolio.com/users/Ferx/images/8xg0ng1pjr.jpg

Ataulfo
05-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Hi Fernando,

I like a lot the final image. Very dinamic. Great:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I hope u have time enought to finish it.
Cheers, dude!!:beer:

Silkcats
05-18-2009, 01:30 PM
This is looking great dude!!
you still have some hours so keep up!!

GaeasHerald
05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Lovely pallette and a very dynamic composition. No crits at all.
Just hurry and may the force be with you. :thumbsup:

OKMER
05-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi Fernando!
Hey hope you'll get there in time buddy, if not I have to drown you in Tequila!LOL

Maybe try some backlights to make him pop out even more.
Great work man!
Gogogogo :scream:

:)

MartinNielsen
05-18-2009, 11:13 PM
GO GO GO !! Just have another drink and you're fine :beer:

Gyorkland
05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
you are sooo close man keep it up!!!

rattlesnake
05-19-2009, 02:11 AM
common man u can do it!! :wip: :wip::wip::wip:

Ferx
05-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Iban - Really thanks my friend for all of your support through this challenge, an honour for me. Not enough time, i can´t finish on time, but hope in a near future I can finish Zopiloterix concept. Cheers!! :beer:

Felipe - Thanks mate for your words, appreciate it ! Cheers!! :beer:

Gerardo - Thanks my friend! Want to thank you all of your great support and encouragement, for me that is the better part on this challenges!! Really thanks! Cheers!! :beer:

Remko - Thanks my friend!! ...... Ready for swim in tequila .... hahahahahaha , a god prize for not finish.... hahahahahahahaha. Really thanks for dropping by ! Cheers!! :beer:

Martin - Really thanks my friend, thanks for your great encouragement and support, always be a pleasure and honour to share with you a challenge :D Cheers!! :beer:

Jorge (Gyorkland) - Thanks my friend, but I´m sooooo far .... hahahahaha, I dont finish hahahaha. Really thanks for all of your encouragement my friend Cheers!! :beer:

Jorge (Rattlesnake) -Really thanks my friend! A totally honour to share with you this challenge. Cheers!! :beer:

Ferx
05-19-2009, 08:34 AM
uhhhuuu ... I don´t finish on time....

This is the last stand for Zopiloterix... for now. I want to finish the image in the future and hope Zopiloterix will fly through the sky, and beyond !! :D

http://media1.myfolio.com/users/Ferx/images/tthe3d3vnd.jpg

I want to thank everyone who supported and encouraged me during this challenge. That is always the best reward. Despite not having finished, it was fun to participate and a great experience to see the excellent concepts, images and models developed for this challenge. CGSociety rocks! :buttrock:

And yes !!! time for tequila!!! yeaaaaaaa Cheers!! :beer:

ario
05-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Hey my dear friend. That's perfect. I love the composition. very nice.:bounce:
Cheers:
Alireza

DDS
05-19-2009, 01:34 PM
*really* cool! the tones and the composition are awesome. Good to have you on our ranks!

FrozZT
05-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Very nice stuff man.. He definately looks confident! :) I very much enjoy your take on the subject and the design is very nice aswell. I love the gun really, it looks awesome! :p

-Niklas

Necronomiden
05-19-2009, 11:57 PM
sorry to hear you didn't finish ferx, i hope to see the finished product in your portfolio soon!

rattlesnake
05-20-2009, 12:21 AM
sorry to hear you didn't finish ferx, i hope to see the finished product in your portfolio soon!

quoted to agree with that..man im still kinda shoked about u didnt make it in time :( but well im looking forward to see your next artworks . hope we can meet some day mate . :beer:

Hexahedron
05-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Sad to hear man, but none the less your work was great. Lovely style and the idea was really refreshing. Hope to see more from you soon. And don't worry, next year we'll be kicking butts again.

Good luck

Cheers,

James

Ataulfo
05-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi dude,

I hope that you finish the last image of zopiloterix because it looks very good.

Cheers!!!:beer:+ tequila

Gyorkland
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
too bad man, it was looking good. better luck next year, and maybe next time less tequilas and more work! jejeje just kidding man you have put a lot of heart on this entry, cheers.:beer:

Synectikos
05-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey Ferx,

It's too bad you couldn't finish. I really liked your art style!

nzrkiwi
05-21-2009, 02:28 AM
Hes kewl mate massive work good on yah :buttrock:

DanielCortes
05-21-2009, 06:09 PM
hey bro, che me encanto tu imagen, pero por lo q leí no es tu final. q pena, tiene toda la onda.
Anyhow in my opinion you should win some sort of prize for best team mate or something, your support to all the other artist was massive, I have no idea how you managed, but I couldn’t find a thread without one of your comments, so that’s really what’s important. Great having met you on this comp, hope to catch you soon, all the best. Viva Zopiloterix cabrones… Un fuerte abrazo! :beer:

AxelAlonso
05-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Darn time! :shrug: Ohh! Fer I think you have a wonderfull character design in here, nobody cant´s say they didn't enjoy this idea! So you better finish it! alright? :thumbsup: Coz I was already having visions of those silly bombs on the foreground saying Waah! all over the piece! haha :D So make time and efort buddy coz your work must be shared! :beer:

COMO? :eek: Pero si el era elganador! Como que no se pudo! FrrrGrrr Fer! Ya te voy a quitar ese tequila como comentan por aca! jajaja...hey estaria bien si al menos pones la mascota de vercion Zopi en peque ? :rolleyes: Lo cual estaria muy padre!

GaeasHerald
05-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Nando, it really doesn't matter that you didn't get to finish on time, cause you achieved what you set out to do, right? You learned, had superb interaction with other CGS guys and put a smile on all of our faces. And you made the funniest character in this whole comp.
That makes you a winner already!

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2009, 04:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.