PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Brady 2009 Generalist Reel

rBrady
03-17-2009, 12:17 AM
I posted my 2009 reel on the finished forum but didn't get much of a critique. I am reposting it here because I would like feedback. So, what is your favorite part, what is your least favorite part, etc.

YouTube (HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmAxxr1TJis)

http://www.rbrady.com/files/videoSnapShot.jpg

torresmedia
03-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi, Ry!

Gotta love your stuff, man! :) This is just amazing :) What kind of software did you use? Sepcially the camera tracking?

rBrady
03-17-2009, 03:09 PM
I used maya, fusion, after effects, photoshop, zbrush, shave and a hair cut, nima, and PFTrack. There might be some others I am missing in there. I used PFTrack and I love it. I tried boujou on the same video and had some trouble, and it was slower. PFTrack seems faster, easier, and cheaper than boujou in my opinion. I don't really do that much tracking though, so take that with a grain of salt.

ulikilian
03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi Brady,
You got great work there!
Especially the lighting/matchmoving at the end. But also the first scene and the bear!
I would move these cool things to the beginning. Followed by the also really cool moving character (sports/muscle). Sorry - but get rid of the "working for a living" thing - that just pulls down the other great stuff you are showing.
Move the mermaid and the heart pacemaker towards the end.
I really like the style of the synapse thing (sec 22)!

This is just my humble opinion - of course it all depends on how you want to present yourself and where do you want to put emphasis on.

Cool stuff - keep it up!
Uli

googboog8
03-20-2009, 08:19 AM
yeah, put your best stuff in the beginning. anything you feel isn't upto standard, it's better to leave it out. i agree with the comment which says you should leave the work for a living bit out.

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2009, 08:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.