PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 3D - johnwoo - Abonimation -Disciple of the Underworld.

johnwoo
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Hello all...

placing a spot for my entry, nothing to show yet, but I feel comfortable with going freeform as I have an idea in my mind but concept wise it will not be pretty..HAHA...

See you guys on the frontline and the deadline for May 11th...the day of reckoning...

Good luck guys and girls!! :wip:

Woo...

EDIT:

A good friend mentioned to me that I should post the base mesh, to show the origin and also that it is paer of the rules too...it's nothing special, but it is also cool to show the evolution over the course of the comp...

Thanks..

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4066/dwivwipbase.jpg

pimeto
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
This thread is going to be interesting :applause:

JacqueChoi
03-16-2009, 11:29 PM
:surprised

Needs more cowbell.

STOP PLAYING RE5!

JackZhang
03-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Union of ubi, a2m, ea and eidos (my gf, concept art).

this sounds FUN!!!

ahmedadel0077
03-16-2009, 11:42 PM
a guy from UBI soft :bounce:, sure it would be interesting to see his work , and to learn some ideas , good luck :buttrock:

johnwoo
03-23-2009, 02:52 AM
Hello all...

pimeto: Is that a good thing?!....HAHA

Jox: Cowbell?...explain bud?...but RE5..My god what an awesome game!...I can't help it!...the game is so many shades of awesome!!...HAHAHA :D

Jack Zhang: HAHA...Really!?...that in itself is very cool...thanks for the offer for the concept, but it's a concious choice...so many times I have to follow a concept, I thought this time around I thought I'd freestyle it and see where it brings me, happy so far with the results...I agree tho'..it IS fun!...:bounce:

artistcg: Thanks for the support..appreciated :thumbsup:

Ok...here is whaer I am at right now...so far I am 3/4 of the constraint for the real-time model, the remaining is accounted for, but I will show the stage of that when I think I have defined...it's pretty much the fabric of her being...it's her core, it's the deadliest part of her....it's her...I'll srop there...HAHA....I do need to look at the hands and see what I need to change, the lower half is yet undefined, but I am blocking out then refining kinda at each body part...

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5137/dwivwip01.jpg

JackZhang
03-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Jack Zhang: HAHA...Really!?...that in itself is very cool...thanks for the offer for the concept, but it's a concious choice...so many times I have to follow a concept, I thought this time around I thought I'd freestyle it and see where it brings me, happy so far with the results...I agree tho'..it IS fun!...:bounce:

hehe. my bad. when i said "gf, concept", I mean the one from eidos is my girlfriend who works as a concept artist.

DTRAN
03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Now thats an abomination! :) This is pretty damn wicked! I can't wait to see more! Its great to see you on the frontline!!!

Ataulfo
03-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Awesome model.:thumbsup:
keep it up :beer:

Hexahedron
03-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Looking nasty is a great way so far. I love it

Cheers.

collings
03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
hey man, glad to see you in action here :). looks cool so far.
The concept is really promising but i think the general proportion don't look impressive enought. I know that's just the first step so keep watching it's gonna be a cool entry for sure :thumbsup:
-Nico

WHW
03-30-2009, 10:26 PM
ACE! "One model a month" is back in town :)

Loving the way this is heading, Lee. So glad you've decided to not include horns in your design (or will you?!) for a demon... She's a demon, right? Can't wait to see what the rest of the geometry will be used for. Keeping a close eye on this one - you're up against MrKite over at Polycount for my favourite entry of DW4!

Shiramune
03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
I love the texture and deformation in his body! well done!!

johnwoo
03-31-2009, 02:24 AM
Hello all..

Jack Zhang: Ok..cool...np...

DTRAN: Thanks bud!...I hope ya like the update...there is more to come, this is nowhere near finished, I think my plan is starting to take shape...btw...I will stop by in ya thread to see ya progress...looking solid!!...:buttrock:

Ataulfo: Thanks man!...stay tuned...I am nowhere near finished...so much to do...

Hexahedron: HAHA..Thanks!...I hope everything comes together as I hope...

collings: Thanks buddy!...the 1st shot was very early progress, this is more of the direction I want to take the creature, there are several elements still missing as I need to model them, but the silhouette will be strong...when I'm done...

WHW: HAHA...Thanks buddy!!...I appreciate the support..mr kite has entered!?!?...oh dear god!!..that guy has some major skills..time to up my game!...I need to start checking out other threads tho'..I have just been focused on my tasks at hand...maybe I will take a sneaky peek..HAHA...

Shiramune: Thanks...appreciated...the colour map I plan to do will complement the ZB pass also...

Ok update:...

Still got plenty to do, but this is at a good stage to post the progress...I am sure more will change next update or more refined in some areas...

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9084/dwivwip02.jpg

Thanks...:)

samoht
03-31-2009, 02:51 AM
loving it so far , awesome work. Keep it up :D.

patdunal
03-31-2009, 03:40 AM
Love the detail in the knee/lower leg area. Keep up the good work!

DTRAN
03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Ah yeah! BADASS update!! Nice to see your base mesh too! I love how his skin just hangs loose and he his this tortured soul looking thing about him. Man, i cant wait to see the next update, this guy is just effed up! Abomination indeed!!

Ataulfo
04-04-2009, 07:29 PM
amazing detailing. :buttrock:

cant wait to see the textures.
keep it up:beer:

MartinNielsen
04-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Great zombie-themed character. The modeling is excellent :)

johnwoo
04-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Hello all...

samoht: Thanks!..still got plenty to do...the visual will go through changes..glad ya like...:wip:

patdunal: Thanks!..much appreciated...still got lots to do, but I'm making steady progress..

DTRAN: Thanks bud!...yeah..I should have done it on the 1st post..but hey..it's done now...but the next update should be cool..I will be making a start on the colour map...glad ya dig!...I will aim to use the definition of Abomination to it's full extent. :wip:...tortured..and consumed...

Ataulfo: Thanks!...next update will show the colour map, got a decent amount of ref at hand...

MartinNielsen: Thanks!...what's really cool tho'..is that since I am at this stage now, I see where I can re-distribute triangles on the low-polygon...there are some things I wish I did differently on the base mesh, but those areas will change once I get the model back to 3dsMax..

Ok..update:

pretty happy with sculpt, gonna get working on the colour map as there are some missing factors to the overall character I still need to create, so I feel content enough with this stage, still there be some refinements after I have created the colour map...

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7290/dwivwip03.jpg

Thanks for looking..

vikramvr
04-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Awesome modelling and great concept..The fingers need a bit more work in the last image.

DeadInTheAttic
04-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Though it will be difficult to eat something without a stomach.
A bit more detailing at the extremeties and perhaps at the back?!?
I like this "being tortured" look ;)

Maxter
04-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey man, really cool stuff here! keep up that good work!:thumbsup:

samoht
04-05-2009, 07:04 PM
I look forward to see the low poly with an awesome normal map :D
great work on the veins. i just feel like the legs are a bit skinny compared to the torso. but thats just me.

Cheers !

yakonusuke
04-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Cool stuff! But don't hesitate to give him weird balls. :D

JRBarton
04-06-2009, 12:07 AM
This thing is really creepy man. A+ looking very cool can't wait to see some textures on this thing. Keep up the good work.

johnwoo
04-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Hello all..thanks for the comments...

Well...unfortunately I am gonna have to call it a day for DW IV...I was working on the colour map, saved my work, then restarted my pc and my ZTL went from 300mb to 22kb before and after I restarted and I have been desperately searching for a way to salvage my work, but to no avail...there was just too much work yet still to do at this stage, that I feel I will end up rushing the finished model if I was to restart...

DW V it will have to be....

All the best with your entries...

JacqueChoi
04-06-2009, 02:14 AM
:sad:

awwwwwwwwwwwww

samoht
04-06-2009, 04:16 AM
awww 1st jack, then you :( . i was looking forward to learn stuff from your work. oh well.
I sir, will see you at DW V :D

johnwoo
04-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys...

I was thinking last night that, I should not give up, it's a set back, a big one at that and the entry is too much work to restart, so I will pull something out of the bag within the time remaining for something new, so...I will be back with a new class entry this week and a new thread.

it felt bad to sit out another DW...

Thanks...

samoht
04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
nice. welcome back :D

DTRAN
04-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I am sorry to hear about your file loss that sucks donkey dong but...Welcome back!! I am so glad you decided on coming back. Time to ROCK! See you at the frontlines :)

questionmarks
04-11-2009, 06:21 PM
too bad to hear that...:cry:
it happends to me before...
since that I save like 2 to 3 different files back and forward...
by that I still have copies of recent work..wont have to start all over again...
^^

JacqueChoi
04-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Words cannot describe the awesomeness that will ensue.

SO here are a few pictures instead.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq139/universalmind_2008/whos-awesome.jpg?t=1239470111

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/cheeks8324/awesome.jpg?t=1239470172

http://corndogger.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/triumvirate-awesome.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bkFIPLIOGL8/R_1flycbKfI/AAAAAAAALro/V9Xsh1Lde4w/s400/More_Cowbell.jpg

Ataulfo
04-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I agree, AWESOME
:beer:

tonytrout
04-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Shame you lost your work, sucks big time. Look forward to a zombie resurrection.

johnwoo
04-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys...

Yep...file corruption sucks!...it was the 1st time it had happened to me in ZB, so lesson learned (the hard way) and time to soldier on and never look back...

I will be along side my CGTalk comrades to bring forth the complete destruction of our opponents!...

LOCK AND LOAD PEOPLE!...

HAHAHAHA...

p.s. thanks for the encouraging support...appreciated... :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2009, 09:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.