PDA

View Full Version : Artefacts when rendering out HD material

Goro
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi there,
I recently bought the Sanyo HD1010 cam. I'm very satisfied with the quality I get
out of this small camera but I have a little problem.

My recording settings are set to 720p 30fps and the files are encoded MPEG4 as far as I know. Wen I look at them in a movie player such as quicktime, everything looks totally
fine.
But when I copy the files from the SD card to edit them in Premiere, Afterfx or even Quicktime
I get weired artefacts in the movie clip as soon as I render it out no matter if I use
compression or just export it uncompressed. Some frames look broken as if the footage is
captured from an old tape with drop frames if you know what I mean. Some frames are completely gray and some have black lines with colored pixels.

I tried using premiere and aftereffects and both show similar problems.
Then I tried exporting the raw footage out of quicktime without using any compression (quicktime animation). Even in that exported file you can see a couple of drop frames. Less, but they are still there.
If I import the uncompressed footage in After Effects and render it out it has
less artefacts than with the mpeg4 footage but they are still there....

I'll try to render out a targa sequence out of the raw footage tonight but I don't know
what else I can do.

Did someone have similar problems with HD footage?

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.