PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 3D - NoChanc3 - Norm Invoker

NoChanc3
03-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Backstory:

Tobias was the promising heir of the Ustarte house, a renowned magical family, and the powerful artifact the Shields of Oranus. Then it all came crashing down, one night while undertaking an intricate and overzealous spell to grant himself wings of an angel, the tears into the demon realms opened. As Tobias watched his beautiful wings form, nearly complete, in a mirror he felt the demonic power start to corrupt and transform his spell. He watched as his wings started to melt away as the very life was sucked out of him to fuel the spell. Unable to stop the transformation he cut of his casting as he collapsed into a unconsciousness. When he awoke he soon discovered that he had been to late in stopping and the demonic power had tainted his magic. His family was disgusted with what he had become and disowned and cast him out. His mother still loved him and sympathetic to his plight gave him, his families long passed down artifact. Now he only has one thing in life to live for, revenge. He wars against the demons feared and exiled by most for the spell left him a pale monster.

Traits: Wings(obviously) either full demonic wings, patched angel/demonic wings, or even a 1 demonic wing and one angelic wing. He will also be albino which was an aftereffect of the spell. Finally, I think the magical "weapon" will be a bracelet that conjures a magical shield of ice, which will be a contrast to his demonic powers also represented by his wings.

Update: Concepts started http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5945/concept2copyn.jpg

NoChanc3
03-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Reserved for updates.

NoChanc3
03-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Reserved for updates...

jett12
03-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Good luck bud, get to drawing.

NoChanc3
03-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Found some time to start working on some concepts. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9859/conceptcopyj.jpg

Heres a little bit closer look at what I want the wing to look like. My drawings don't really do the idea justice, what I'm going for is the wing to be charred and burning away revealing muscle and holes in some places with the demonic skeletal features coming through.
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/279/wingcopy.jpg

NoChanc3
03-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Updated concept

getting rid of the bracelet crystal shield idea and going with something a little different. Theres going to be three shields that he controls and each is imbued with a different element.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5945/concept2copyn.jpg

namnocilis
03-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Nice story! liked the idea of having the injured wings, showing it burnt revealing all muscles and bones along with some blood dripping, make sure that you don't make it look too demonic since the rules say you cannot mix races.. and whats with the wooden shield man, i think you should look for more option and try something else instead.. Good Start! eager to see the updates

NoChanc3
03-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Nice story! liked the idea of having the injured wings, showing it burnt revealing all muscles and bones along with some blood dripping, make sure that you don't make it look too demonic since the rules say you cannot mix races.. and whats with the wooden shield man, i think you should look for more option and try something else instead.. Good Start! eager to see the updates

Thanks for the comments, I really want to do a shield but I'm still trying to figure out a good concept. I was trying to do a japanese style shield and there would be three of them that he could control and rotate around himself. I also thought of doing something like a phantom shield which is summoned from an object. I don't want him to actually be holding the shield since hes an invoker, hes not a brute strength guy he uses his magic.

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2009, 10:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.