PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 2D - belindi - Biosonic Clericon

Belindi
03-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Hello, and nice to meet you all! I've been lurking here for some time now, but I think it's time to take the plunge and actually take part in some of the awesome activities that have been going on here. What better, and scarier, place to start than Dominance wars! I look forward to taking a pummelling and learning from all you crazily talented people!

I have chosen Norm - Clericon. My character will use tuning forks, that vibrate at the targets resonance, to either heal, paralyse or damage them, hence the name Biosonic.

Here are some quick thumbs:
http://fc20.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/075/3/c/Biosonic_Clericon_thumbs_by_Belindi.jpg

ersinerturk
03-16-2009, 10:59 PM
first two are great. i liked what you're planning about the concept!

Belindi
03-17-2009, 10:01 AM
thanks ersinerturk!

Not got too much time today, so I've brushed up the first sketch a little to get some creative juices going. Still not decided which of the 3 weapon designs I like best, but I'll get a better idea as I go. I need to think about how the weapons are used a little bit more.

http://fc16.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/076/3/a/Biosonic_Clericon_sketch_A_by_Belindi.jpg

KillaRilla
03-20-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm am def a fan of the first and second weapon design, and the over-all concept of the weapon. Something that causes destruction with resonance is pretty damn cool. I like the idea of it being kind of like a whip but with a resounding bite that ricochettes (how do you spell that?) through the enemy ranks when swung. Anyway just expressing my excitement about this and the whole competition in general.

GaeasHerald
03-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Sweet! Using sound as a weapon is sth that no one had explored in this challenge yet, as far as I know. Guess I'm the only one who liked the third one. I think it has a lot of potential in terms of creating a dynamic image with strong perspective. But that's just me. :shrug:
I'll keep an eye on this thread.

jushra
03-20-2009, 03:09 AM
Hey Belindi

Thanks for stopping by my entry, your input is appreciated and is right along with my thinking.

I like your choice in silhouette, I have to do some exploring myself with my creation. You might be able to play off of the linked forks, similar to Ivy from Soul Calibur. There is lots of potential here.

jett12
03-20-2009, 04:39 AM
very unique concept, i look forward to your progress

neobear
03-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Very Original concept, the weapon too. destabilize the enemis with waves of sounds, very nice! Need to see in action :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2009, 02:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.