PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 2D - charlesv - Sabre Az

CharlesVarenne
03-16-2009, 10:37 AM
I cleaned this post and move it to my next post below. So I keep this one to my last update so you don't have to scroll and navigate all over the place to see the latest update.

LAST UPDATE

http://www.charlesvarenne.com/Images/Drawings/DW4/Sketch19%20.jpg

ROBOTTANK
03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
11 & 12 look bad ass, number 5 from the top sketches is my favorite.

CharlesVarenne
03-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Moved post #1

Hi people,

I am thinking to do a cyborg. I've done a few sketches and thumbnails. My favorite are number 4, 7 for thumbnails and 4 for sketches so far.

The idea is to do a very fast cyborg using blade. I want make it feel like her whole body feel like a razor blade cuting things, very agile, slime, tall and fast.

So I am thinking to do a mix of my favourite thumbanil and sketches to see what I end up with.
Sabre is actually the generic name of the cyborg, Az is her name.

Critics welcome
Let me know which one you prefer.

Thanks
http://www.charlesvarenne.com/Images/Drawings/DW4/Sketch05.jpg

http://www.charlesvarenne.com/Images/Drawings/DW4/Thumbnail04.jpg

Post #2

An other update. So far I prefer the number 2 and 4. I like the triangle and pyramid shapes.
Will for sure try to push more these designs.

http://www.charlesvarenne.com/Images/Drawings/DW4/Sketch10.jpg

ersinerturk
03-18-2009, 06:26 AM
2 and 4 are awesome. standing on only two points tells that they are balance pros :D

CharlesVarenne
03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks ersinerturk. Ahah yes they are very balance pro for sure.
I was thinking like they have either 4 legs or some kind of engine making them float in the air. Still thinking about the background story to push further the design.

CharlesVarenne
03-19-2009, 01:36 AM
I finally get an idea I am happy so far. I put aside my first idea and come up with this one

My character will be originally a normal human woman. A Norm without any magical power. She's been kill with all her village and family by the demons.
The rest of her body has been taken by the Machines and remade into a cyborg. Now she has a hate against the demons so intense that it becomes an obsession almost a madness. She is decided to fight against the Norms as well for not defending her when they could have easily done it.
She has strong power weapon to rip apart demons and burn them. Her rage on a battlefield is so strong that it can even scares the demons themself. She writes the name of the demon prince and princess and lord that she killed on the stone grave above her head. She hangs some demon heads on her side to show off her strength. She has speaker on her shoulder so demon can hear her screams of hate on the battlefield with a loud music playing, sounding like a heavy mechanical sound reminding the drums of war in the ancient time. All her goal is turn on how scaring the demon on the battlefield before slaying them in a an horrible death.

First very rough sketch here

http://www.charlesvarenne.com/Images/Drawings/DW4/Sketch11.jpg

FrozZT
03-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey, nice story behind your concept.. I'll wait for you to develope the concept to give feedback later. Just be creative and let loose with it! Keep it up!

-Niklas

CharlesVarenne
03-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Thanks FrozZT. This competition is just great fun!

I am getting closer to the final concept idea of my character.
I made some modifications on the story line and design from my previous post.
I change the music speaker by a piano organ. The music is playing from a machine install in her back with the organ pipe coming out of it.
Her hate is so big she is becoming kind of crazy killer. She doesn't want any long range weapon because she wants to kill the demons from as close as possible, so she can feel them dying in her hands.
She has cut the arm of the demon lord who was leading the attack on her village and family and install it instead of her own. She plugged this arm to her body and with the help of high tech device she can use it as her own. This is a way on how she gets revenge as well. The arm who slays her family serve now her purpose of revenge.

http://www.charlesvarenne.com/Images/Drawings/DW4/Sketch14.jpg

CharlesVarenne
03-24-2009, 10:53 AM
New update and final design. Will maybe change a bit the features of the face and do some minor tweaking elsewhere but everything is there.

Crits welcome.

http://www.charlesvarenne.com/Images/Drawings/DW4/Sketch19%20.jpg

FrozZT
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey! Thats nice :).. I definately think you've got some cool stuff going on. Now its time for you to really look hard to see whats not working and rethink/rework and see what works and enhance that. I really like her right arm (left from our point of view) and the hand is very nice, take the parts and enhance them, make them stronger. Take the hand and those long delicate fingers, maybe make some tests making the fingers longer, hand larger etc, might not work but give it a try. The demon arm looks kinda freaky, but it doesnt look very good in my oppinion, its just a regular arm glued to the shoulder. Maybe work it into the design and if you are gonna use a demon arm, why not make an extraordinary demon arm? Make it special and powerful, with some nice/interesting shapes to it. Keep on pushing it further! You're doing good! Keep it up..

-Niklas

CharlesVarenne
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi FrozZT,

Thanks for the nice feedback. I will try to explore more the design and try to push it a bit further.
About the Demon arm I agree with you. I am thinking to create a full demon concept just for the sake of having a nice arm with a background story.
Also I dont't want to burnout on the design so I am giving myself 1-2 more weeks to allow big changes. After that I will stick on the design and move on the full illustration, turn around etc...

neobear
03-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi,
Cool design!
You maybe could keep rounded form only for norm's parts and make the mecanicals parts edges more sharps and hard, play with corners and rounded shapes ... not on all pieces of armors. On your sketches you put some parts more sharpen, i find it a little more dynamic

lefoosh
03-29-2009, 11:04 PM
hi, nice design! think the pose could be more dynamic, though? maybe licking the blood of innocents off of the finger blades or crushing some robot minion under her heel?

I'd also think about exaggerating her features even further? compared to the rest of the design, her face is a little too normal, i feel? maybe more pipes or spines?

oh, and those boobs are WAY too far apart, I reckon!

one last thing, her armour looks seriously pristine - just me but im thinking maybe rough her up a bit: scratches or bullet holes in the armour, scratches across her raging six pack...?

Looking forward to seeing what you bring next!

LF

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2009, 11:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.