PDA

View Full Version : Still Life: Head Light

Hollis J Wood
07-07-2003, 05:11 PM
just making a new mesh and needed a headlight so I found this tutorial on the net and decided to make a desktop out of it. Is not that exciting to many but it really looks good to me I hope you like it.

http://www.frost-works.com/hollispics/cgtalk1.jpg

heipei
07-07-2003, 05:20 PM
there are a few things which really dont appeal to me here:

have you ever heard of antialiasing? especially when it comes to circles and round shapes you should use it.

the cgtalk-banner is hardly recognizable, people who dont know it wont be able to read it

the image is too empty and has too few colors, but thats just my personal taste ;)

would like to see an update

Dreamwave
07-07-2003, 08:04 PM
I don't care about the colours, that's good for a desktop, but heipei is right, the circle needs more segments (I can clearly see that you have 24 now) and the texture needs AA, for the rest, it's not bad :thumbsup:

Garma
07-07-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by heipei
the image is too empty and has too few colors, but thats just my personal taste ;)

Indeed its your taste :) personally I love sparely use of colours, I myself never use much. You can give images a certain look with it. But again that's taste.

The rest of your comments I agree on, especially the antialiasing part. Also the logo is almost not visible, but that may be partly due to antialiasing

conclusion: Post a antialiased version! Looks good though

Erik

Hollis J Wood
07-08-2003, 01:54 AM
ok I updated the image I added AA at 1.7 filter anything at 2 or higher made the image hazy, and figured out why it was hard to read , I accidently textured the rear of the lense aswell so it was doubling the image, now I feel stupid.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.