PDA

View Full Version : AAU Master Online

The3DSynthesis
03-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Hey guys,

I'm about to come close to graduating at the Art Institute of Seattle. Game Art and Design Bachelor, and was thinking about getting a MFA online at AAU. I was wondering if anyone here had gone or is going through the processes online?

After the AIS, I'm hoping to find work if I can. At the same time, I wanted to get a master degree( part time) ( illustration or visual effect), but moving to San Fran seems to be a bit pricey at the moment. Luckily they do offer Online Master Degree.

What do you guys think? I know that if its going to be online, you have to be very self motivated. I just want to be able to teach at a college level after graduation and also take my work to the next level.

refractedsound
08-18-2009, 05:49 AM
Hey Synthesis,

I'm starting my second semester of the online MFA animation program at AAU. I have to say that so far I have been very impressed. I learned a ton my first semester and had a great experience learning form my professors. At least the two I had really seemed to care about their students and want them to grow in talent.

It is definitely pricey and you do have to be a go-getter because you are online and not 'in class', but I've really enjoyed it so far.

I don't get on the forums a ton here, but if you want to ask me anything feel free. I'll try to remind myself to check back in.

I'd say definitely contact admissions and look around for graduates that you can talk to from your major. I found a guy through his youtube demo reel and he pretty much sealed the deal for me deciding to go to AAU.

Good luck with the decision!

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2009, 05:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.