PDA

View Full Version : combustion timeline problem

spinpatrol
07-07-2003, 04:19 PM
I am having a problem and was hoping some one could solve it. Hopefully some one has had the same problem, and are aware of what is causing it. In my time line when i zoom in to a curve and start adjusting the bezier handle of the curve the bar at the bottom of the timeline starts moving to the left so my curve moves off the screen as a result of that happening. The machine running combustion is a new box which is running windows 2000. I am not sure what the problem is. We have tried a different mouse but not different mouse drivers, the drivers are the standard ps2 drivers. We have switched graphics cards from a wildcat vp 990 to a matrox g450, that solved another problem but not the one I am having with the timeline.The previous machine we were running combustion on was running winnt so I aint too sure what is the problem and was hoping someone else has had this problem and would know what to do.
Thanks you
glen

GrantKay
07-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Hi,

Can you post a workspace of yours that is doing this?

Secondly, I would like you to please try turning autoscale on or off to see if it makes a difference for you.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

spinpatrol
07-07-2003, 06:15 PM
I tried turning autoscale on and off and it didnt make a difference, I should have mentioned that earlier. About posting the workspace, I cant do that but I can tell you that it is not workspace related because it happens with any workspace and it doesnt happen on our other combustion suite.
thanks for your help so far, and your quick response. Hopefully we can sort the problem out because this new machine is super fast but it doesnt help if combustion isnt running properlly.
Thanks again

spinpatrol
07-08-2003, 11:17 AM
I was able to resolve the problem, thanks all for your help. The problem was related to the video card settings, both with the wildcat and the matrox card. What I changed was [ on the matrox card] I had the dual head multi display active to get dual monitor display, ofcourse, but what I changed to get it working was I activated the option to have the same resolution and color palette for both displays, as appose to seperate resolutions. It was weird because before I resolved it, the timeline would work on the primary monitor and not the secondary. Cool thanks all for your help, sorry for being a plonker, hehe

Chris
07-08-2003, 10:30 PM
I have the same sort of problem on my workstation, if I have the viewports on the right hand monitor & the time line on the left, I get the scroll to the left problem. If I reverse the viewports, the problem goes away.

spinpatrol
07-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Hi Chris were you able to resolve the problem by setting your monitors to display the same resolution across both monitors, thats what was causing it for me. The one thing I noticed was my taskbar was not extended across the full length of both my screens, but when I changed my display settings to have the same resolution across both monitors the taskbar stretched across both screens. Not that the taskbar resolved the problem but rather showed now that the monitors were in sync and using the same resolution across both off them.

Chris
07-11-2003, 04:10 AM
Mine were always the same res actually, What fixed it for me was instead of having the viewport on monitor 2, & the timeline floating on monitor 1, I changed that to viewport on monitor 1, & the timeline on monitor 2. Then the scrollies disappeared...

spinpatrol
07-11-2003, 08:49 AM
I was also able to fix it by switching my timeline to the other window but I was used to working with my time line on the right monitor. It isnt that your monitors are the same resolution but rather that they share the same resolution so if you change your res it changes it for both. In your display properties, settings you should see only one monitor and not 2.

Chris
07-12-2003, 02:25 AM
right - I see what you mean! :) I dont think my display card in that computer can do that, its a radeon. Not that I use that computer for combustion any more, I do all my combustioning on a laptop now (its winter & I'm hibernating) ;)

spinpatrol
07-14-2003, 08:09 AM
cool chris, enjoy the hibernation

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.