PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 3D - JForbes - Machine / Indecision!

JForbes
03-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Hi Everyone, I literally jumped out of bed with head full of mechanical buggers, flipped on the luxo, snatched up a neglected inky applicator, and went to town. I have yet to decide which Machines class to enter but from looking at my concepts I'm going to say its between WarMachine and Scout. I'm excited to have the chance to collaborate with such amazing talents as yourselfs and confident that we'll all see some breathtaking artwork in the end. Let the War Begin!!!

Edit!!! Scout Class Chosen!

Dominance War IV Race: Machines
The accidental explosion of a research planet, together with its advance weapons research caused Machines to develop sentience in the beginning of Dominance War II. Machines are not able to use magic of any kind, however, they possess sophisticated technologies that are capable of generating various spectacular effects. Their primary initiative is to extinguish all life and to accomplish this they have three unit types.

Machines//Scout
Scouts are advanced intelligence gatherers for Machine kind. They are small and are either fully mechanical, or animal hybrids comprised of animal and machine. Scouts are extremely mobile, fast, and possess light weaponry and armor.

JForbes
03-16-2009, 05:08 PM
So with a head full of indecision I stumbled upon my final character choice. A dragon/damselfly scout!

My first rough inspiration/idea pass for my Scout which is still unnamed. I'm unsure about my organic ratio for the little guy but with more doodling we'll see....

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/DevSriracha/DWIV_JForbes_Concept01.jpg

Decided to do some studies on the dragonfly form to get me going. Just doodles for now, more will unfold here soon when I stab my mechanical joint system.

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/DevSriracha/DWIV_JForbes_Concept02.jpg

So.. more brainstorming.. too many options... regardless here are some of my chicken scratches.

random link designs if I decide to go with a linky of abdomen... not so happy with them but I told myself I had to post my daily progress to keep me going. (never been one to show my brainstorming clutter.. its an odd feeling, but a good practice that I'm forcing myself to do)
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww119/DevSriracha/DWIV_JForbes_Concept03.jpg

JForbes
03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
<Reserved for WIP>

Siris
03-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Woot, Excited to see some of your work Forbes.

mistasam02
03-17-2009, 04:56 AM
You know I'm going to have to animate this, right? :D

JForbes
03-17-2009, 06:25 AM
You know I'm going to have to animate this, right? :D
I would be honored good friend, =)

Ferx
03-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Hey Jeremy,

Really nice concept, very original and cool sketches :D Good luck and waiting for more updates! Cheers mate ! :beer:

Siris
03-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Scrubbing out that joint system is gonna be a dream for you.

JForbes
03-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Scrubbing out that joint system is gonna be a dream for you.
tonight!!! =) super excited

JIMMAZZA
03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Very cool. Looking forward to seeing some updates!

molynext
03-19-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm really digging your first concept sketch. Looks like an extremely nimble, pesky little droid! Insects are great inspiration for mechanoid designs!

Ferx
03-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Nice designs, like a lot the "chain" design for the tail, really cool! Cheers! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2009, 08:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.