PDA

View Full Version : Blend shape: Base Mesh Modified = Problem

Olympus1
03-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Alright, I'm going to try and describe this problem as clearly as I can.

I'm guessing I moved a part of my base geo slightly so now when I apply the blends, it moves back to the original position since that's where it should be and it should have never been moved.

I thought I could simply select that edge and move it back into place on the base mesh, and then it wouldn't move when I applied the blends since they'd be in the same place and there'd be no change. That seems to be how it worked in my earlier files but not in my latest and I'm not sure what's causing it.

What's happening: The edge moves slightly regardless of how closely I match it; it always moves the same amount. I've noticed that the edge is actually not even obeying the blends anymore...I can move it out really far on the base mesh, apply the blend, and it'll only move that tiny increment again, and not even go to where it is in the blend. It's almost like that tiny amount is recorded in the verts and its ignoring what the blend is inputting.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone without seeing it. I will say that the rest of the blend works fine, except for this one piece that was presumably moved at some point. Not sure what to make of it so I figured I'd ask.

Thoughts?

Olympus1
03-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Looks like it was a "tweak1" node in my history that was causing it to move slightly. I just deleted the node and it got rid of the problem.

warning: don't delete blends. ever. this will only work in the file if the blend geo(s) is still there...once you delete them, it seems that the tweak becomes permanent...and even if you reconnect the target to the base, it seems to not go away.

So don't delete your original blends and check your history to see if there's anything in there that's causing issues (thats like rule #1, don't know why I didn't check for it sooner).

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2009, 04:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.