PDA

View Full Version : Texture to Wireframe effect

spooky3d
07-07-2003, 03:56 PM
I'm making my demo reel and I wanted to show my models going from textured to wireframe then back again.Can this be done with Lightwave? Thanks

Dreamwave
07-07-2003, 04:23 PM
I have to say BIG THANK YOU to someone who learned me (I guess everyone here on the forum) how to...but unfortunatly I forgot who it was :blush:

ahum, on-topic...select item properties>edges>other edges
there's no 'E' but maybe you can try to morph objects

Nikos
07-07-2003, 04:26 PM
The easiest way would be to render the models twice - one pass in wireframe and one pass fully textured and then do a dissolve mask in some compositing app...

PaulyBarnes
07-07-2003, 06:46 PM
I did this recently with a logo that needed to be textured, but have a fade go through it viewing its wireframe..

Niko hit it dead on. I rendered it out twice, once with rendered edges on and once with the full texture I then brought them both in After Effects. Depending on which part you want on most of the time (Textured or Wireframe), I needed the textured portion to be on most of the time so I placed that as the top layer and the wireframe movie as the bottom layer. I then created a mask on the textured layer and gave it a feather and animated it to move across the logo revealing the bottom layer (the wireframe) whenever it crossed the texture layer.

And there you go, Texture to wireframe swipe.

:thumbsup:

robinson
07-07-2003, 07:00 PM
you meant something like that ???
wireframe wipe (http://www.robinson-steinke.de/movies/sam_post_divx.avi)

I rendered two different animations, the "normal" and the wireframe shaded and used discreed paint for comp, I know discreet paint is old, sorry I already ordered the LW DFX+ bundle.

Wireframe shaded....
Freeze your subpatch object in modeler...(you should try different amount of divisions there)
Use Quickshade in the render panel for your wireframe rendering.
Then turn on all the edges options.
:thumbsup:

spooky3d
07-07-2003, 09:20 PM
I'll give those suggestions a try tonight!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.