PDA

View Full Version : Wrathbeast (creature concept)

aaronstg
05-06-2002, 08:34 AM
**This is a re-post, because of an error in with one of the reply comments. Sorry**

Anyhow, hi again. Here's something of mine.
This is a concept for a sort of bio-engineered military weapon. It's basically a huge beast designed to kill and eat.

Anyhow, any feedback and/or comments related to the design would be appreciated. Thanks again, and keep posting great art. :)

http://aaronstg.ath.cx/WBeast_50per.jpg

-aaron

Equinoxx
05-06-2002, 08:39 AM
friggin ACE Aaron buddy . . .

I love the style o feet you got goin on lately on yur mosters :buttrock:

also, and I don't know HOW ya did it, but the muscle structure looks EXCELLENT.

not to sure bout these spearlike things commin from his hips tho . . . i think they would seriously cramp his groovy walk if ya catch my drift . . .

other then that . . . keep em commin :bounce:

btw, good to see you got yur webspot up 'n runnin . . .

Kirt
05-06-2002, 09:58 AM
WOW! :buttrock:

Only critique I can offer is that its right leg appears to be missing some meat on the upper thigh. It doesn't appear to have the same weight and mass as the left leg does. And ... I agree with Equinoxx, the spears seem pretty static the way they attach at the hips. They look like they'd be pretty painful for him if he were to try running through a narrow passageway.

Sangotten
05-06-2002, 10:38 AM
There's not much I can crit about, except that the colours are a bit dull but it looks just GREAT!!! and the story of the beast is also very cool, Imagine such a beast fully trained in killing and removing the effidence (eating), murdering in control by the Goverment......:eek:

Anyway.....I can see why you're a MOD!

tAstyBITs
05-06-2002, 11:19 AM
:thumbsup: :p

Excellent design. I really like your line work. Is it a scan of a ink drawing or did you do it in illustrator?

As far as a constructive crit. I like to see the two lines in the top corner disappear. They attract to much attention. Also I think if you drop a shadow on the floor instead of the two tones you have for the background then it would give us a floor plane and place the characacter in a logical space. You might like it better.

:buttrock:

puddlefish
05-06-2002, 02:33 PM
Really nice drawing, great sense of power.
Your line work reminds me of a mix of Kevin O' Neil and Simon Bisley.
Very cool.

alchoi
05-06-2002, 04:52 PM
Awesome design dude

Hope you caught my post before it went down ... ;)

But I thought about his leg too, but I think it's a tight enough cheat with the pelvis down so low ... I bought it on first glance, right away ...

As far as the appendages coming out of his back ... I don't know, I really like em ... I can picture the beast being animated with some great crab-like secondary action coming from those things ... could give them some interesting prehensile qualities too (Heheheh I used prehensile in a sentence) ....

If anything ... and this is purely personal design preference ... I think the top plate (horn?) of his head could extend out a bit more at a 45, instead of following the arc of his body .... and I think the segmented design elements going down his spine would like kinda cool extending down his tail a bit more ...

I like the little touch you added at the end of his tail, BTW ...

Anyway ... your site is bookmarked with all my creature references ...

Awesome work, man .... I love all the talent in this section.

Cheers,

Al.

zen
05-06-2002, 06:28 PM
your creature design looks exactly like the Tarask in the AD&D monsters manual. Same pose and everything.

yeah i know: nerd alert! NERD!!!!

aaronstg
05-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the comments and crits, guys. I appreciate it :)

Pixelfuk : This isn't a completed composition or illustration at all. It's a concept design, and the coloring isn't completed. My focus at this point is solely on the design, so I didn't even attempt a background or anything. Thanks.

zen : I'm afraid I've heard that said about another one of my designs, both of which do not look like that 'Tarrasque' beast. I've seen one image of it, after looking it up when someone mentionned a similarity and the design is actually quite different. If you want to post the image that you're referring to, go right ahead. :)

-aaron

BigJayme
05-07-2002, 01:46 AM
Wow man! Looking great!

Raul-Reznek
05-07-2002, 08:02 AM
Holy badass sh!at !!!!!

I'd MORE then love to see this dude turn 3d :wip: :thumbsup: :D

Cgkoko
05-07-2002, 10:12 AM
:thumbsup: Very good as always.The creature itself is great!My only thought would be on the need of some kind of device for control by his master or something...anyway.I don't need to comment on your rendering do I ?:applause:

hawkprey
05-07-2002, 02:18 PM
Diggity -damn..

nice stuff once again. Love the linework! impeccable.

color it up bro!

System404
05-08-2002, 02:06 AM
love your line work!!!:D love the textured feel on his skin, my only thing is though why doesn't his head have as much :shrug: it seems like it's missing some texture there....just a thought! again it looks great:)

Briareos
05-08-2002, 02:31 AM
i find it odd that his skin in the forearm shrinkwraps to every muscle in his arm... and he isnt grasping anything or even using his arm to put that much strain on it... :shrug:

alyssonb
05-08-2002, 03:42 AM
What a **** is that??! LOL!!!
very nice design!!.. the Giger's son!... a Like this style!!...
nice picture!!...:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :airguitar :cool: :annoyed:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.