PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 2D - CrixDorius - Skulking Death

Crix Dorius
03-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Well I think I will try my luck with a machines scout.

He will be a ca. 1,6 m tall, slick and stealthy little bastard.

Equipped with a advanced Sensor- and Communication-Array, a small Pulsergun (right arm), a springing Stiletto (left arm), two little hovering Drones and a Reflex-Stealthsystem.

First scribbled WIP Sketch:
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/CrixDorius/Concept-001.jpg

What do you think ?

inqy
03-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey, that looks like a great start. I'm new to DW and to machinery, but I wanted to try my hand at one too. Good luck! ^^

Crix Dorius
03-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Here a little update...

I`m very happy with my first concept so I don`t think that I will change very much...

And I have already an idea for the final. :twisted:

But C&C are still welcome. :D

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/CrixDorius/Concept-002.jpg

Ajenyon
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
It looks like your machine should be able to put on quite a turn of speed - I'm really liking the birds claw-style feet.

I'd therefore expect it to be a bit more streamlined - there are lots of angular panels and flat surfaces that would impede on movement, get caught on passing objects, etc (particularly the shoulder panels).

Might just be a pose tweak, or some sculpting of your design, but I think it would be great to see something that LOOKED like it could run, rather than just being capable of doing so. Form over function, I know, but there would be practical reasons for it.

At the moment it looks like all the hard edges should slot together - like the whole thing is able to fold up into a small box. Might be another way to go if you don't want any streamlined curves.

Great start.

AJ

Crix Dorius
03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
At the moment it looks like all the hard edges should slot together - like the whole thing is able to fold up into a small box. Might be another way to go if you don't want any streamlined curves.

You got it. Itīs something that was in my mind.
It can fold up to go to full stealthmode and be nearly unseenable. :thumbsup:

But I think that I will make it a little bit rounder. :arteest:

FrozZT
03-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey man! I like what you have going, though i definately think it could do with some develoment. It doesnt look that hightech all over the figure i think.. Another thing is that it looks like a robot I'd want cleaning my house, not going to war. Yea it does have some features which would work for a scout, but i think you should try and push it further. Its a good first sketch! But its the first, make some more and develope! :)
Keep it up, its a good start!

-Niklas

Chachi
03-20-2009, 12:18 PM
nice idea, I think you should do a bunch of thumnails to bring out some of the cool birdlike features it has.

Akiman
03-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Hello crix;

Structure seems intact :D Though torso seems a bit empty. Very curious how it will develop. Keep it coming :D

Lanceafer
03-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Nice looking sketch, I like the direction you are headed. I agree with Akiman though that the torso looks a little frail. You might want to try adding a mass of cables running into the pelvis. This would make since as well because right now the only way the legs and pelvis are attached are by 3 pistons (from what I can see). As to how to make it look a little more sleek you might want to make the armor plates rounded and a little smaller. The chest by compairison to the upper arms is a little thin. I would eather make the chest a little bulkier or slim down the arm armor.

Keep up the good work!

Crix Dorius
03-21-2009, 12:26 AM
A little change... a dark transparent visor for the eye`s... lighter and rounder armor... a little bulkier chest...

What do you think ?

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/CrixDorius/Concept-003-WIP.jpg

Alekzsander
03-21-2009, 12:36 AM
maybe more big and robust model , keep it up

Ferx
03-21-2009, 05:24 AM
Hey Tobias,

Really nice sketch and concept! :D Maybe the head more like a video camera, if he is a scout, perhaps some sort of transmission device, only a comment :) Keep the good work! Looking forward for more updates! Cheers! :beer:

Crix Dorius
03-21-2009, 07:24 AM
maybe more big and robust model , keep it up

Naaaa... He must be slim... not to bulky... he`s a scout not a warrior. :)

Crix Dorius
03-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Here a little head-study...

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/CrixDorius/Concept-003-heads.jpg

stridiggio
03-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Up and Right, (just 1 camera eye) I like it because is not too symmetrical. :wavey:

inqy
03-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I agree, the asymmetry adds to the creepiness factor. Up and right.

Crix Dorius
03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
And a new try... ^^

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww101/CrixDorius/002-Head.jpg

Ataulfo
04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi Cris,

Nice sketches. I like your robot desing.:thumbsup:
keep it up:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.