PDA

View Full Version : DWIV-3d-DreamD-THe one War Machine

Dreamdealer2099
03-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone!

Well,DW has just been startedmi'm sure there'll be a lot great stugg goin' on.I am specially looking forward for the final submission (hm...too early to think about it though),just to see the general art quality.Thanks to the rules all typre of shaders,lighting and rendering engines are allowed this time-amazing!So good luck everyone!I decided to participate,and the direction i have chosen-War machines.Sound like fun,although i can't figure out so far what exctly can it be.I've made several tiny thumbnails,just to explore some of the ideas.Also looking for the right references.It's fun but i wonder whether i am the only person who needs to plan everything before start working at smth (i will not accomplish it otherwise:shrug:)or i'm not alone.

Dreamdealer2099
03-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Hey everyone!
Just before living ot univ-ty,had another fun idea about this war machine.Check it out!Well,i know,it desn't look offensive.It's much more important for me to find a good shape/design.

Dreamdealer2099
03-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Hey!
Little update.i'm really excited about the design.I've decided to develop and explore an idea of inscect-like creepy war machines.The hardest thing here though (i think) is to make it look and feel like a mammoth,a little bit clumsy,massive creature(robot).Also think i Have to work
harder,i'm still not happy with designs.Hope you guys help me what i'm looking for:)

Chachi
03-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice start on the designs, maybe you could draw them from a low angle perspective to get that mamoth size feel.

Dreamdealer2099
03-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Another little update.I decided not to start from perspective sketches.It'll be easier for me to explore some designes from top/side views and then redraw them in perspective.These were scanned so,excuse me for crappy quality

ersinerturk
03-17-2009, 10:39 AM
liked your first sketches. insect-like machines idea is nice. since it's a war machine, it should have large feet like the first sketch in middle row i think.

but i couldn't have any idea about last sketches, i guess they're textures for 3D model?

Dreamdealer2099
03-17-2009, 03:07 PM
No,no,no:).I actually should not post it.These "doodles" were done just for me and they actually represent possible silhouette of a model from the top view.It can be useful cuz you can some interesting design withought caring about persp.

Dreamdealer2099
03-17-2009, 05:11 PM
I started to built sever very simple meshes and overdraw them to add new elements.Hm,pretty crappy so far,got to work more:wip:

Dreamdealer2099
03-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey everyone.
This time i decided to break my design into separate pieces and define what each one should do.I think it's important to make sure that desig of your machine doesn't contain unecessary parts and elements,cuz functionality is what makes any machine look good and natural.So there will be two main parts.First one is the one that kinda keeps energy cells or blocks and other one servers as the "brain" of machine with sensors and other stuff.What about weaponory,it'll use deadly laser beams :),2 laser beams,one per side wich can be stacked up to one extra beam :).When it happens,more nergy is needed hence power increases producing more heat.In order to aviod overheating,energy section slides apart.Well,i think sounds like fun.I made a little illustration to show what i mean.A-is normal state.B-is "extended" usage.

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2009, 04:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.