PDA

View Full Version : still: GT Vehicle, facelift

MikeDee
07-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Hi all,
it is a long time I post the GT car concept. Although this project was about to be closed, I received some constructive comments from the internet audience, whose made me to update the design and show up again.

Created in Alias DesignStudio and the renderer is pure Alias raytracer, no GI or final gathering used.

http://www.horseville.net/images/CAID-Works/GT-grandfinale-2.jpg

http://www.horseville.net/images/CAID-Works/GT-grandfinale-3.jpg

Enjoy and dont hesitate to comment.

l7d
07-07-2003, 11:58 AM
love the work, but i think that the paint job detracts attention from the modelling

LonGShoT
07-07-2003, 03:57 PM
mm, looks nice, and i agree the painjob does distract the focus from the modelling, but it looks very good. Great colour combo.

Personally i think you should givethe tires more grooves, im not talking off road here, but more would be good...and btw, whats that white ine going down the middle of the tireS?

There should also be more writing, brand, type etc, i see that you have good year, but just tiny details would polish this.

This reminded me of a Bugatti 16/4 Veyron...

Anyways, the airscoop of the side of the car, that looks like its covered up, and most cars tend to leave them covered.

The dashboard looks kind of awkward when compared with the rest of the interior. Compared with the seats it is too dark.

Well thats all i noticed for now.
I love the car btw:buttrock:

Angel O'Death
07-08-2003, 04:52 AM
wow, very nice!

can we see the back? and maybe some wires?

JediKillr
07-08-2003, 05:19 AM
very beautiful model. While I agree about the tire treads, I have to disagree about the coloring distracting from the modeling. I think you should be noticing the paint and the curves of the model, not the model itself. Maybe it's just me, but as they say, take a photograph of the photograph of reality, not a photograph of reality.

dimitrios_c
07-08-2003, 05:26 AM
The rendering definitely needs working on...I don't think the texture is necessarily the problem (although it would be nice to see it with one color). Looks well modelled with plenty of potential. :thumbsup:

ssyed
07-08-2003, 06:09 AM
The modelling is nice and clean but i want to comment on the design it self ... the side windows are too small.. the front is a bit too bulky for what seems to be a midengined car , also there is little visability if you would lower the front a little the windshield could be bigger. Also behind the side windows should be a smaller window or some vents. The spoiler is pretty uninteresting.
another thing the headlights are too big and clunky i think u should makethem smaller
Also the side view mirrors are so low you can't even see them from inside!

DaJuice
07-08-2003, 07:36 AM
Amazing work! This is the best, cleanest car model I've seen in a long ass time. Sorry for the fan-boy response, but if I was going to see another poly-modeled car I would have hurled. The concept itself is great I think, it seems very well thought out and consistent, but I have a few complaints. I don't like is the inward extrusion below the headlights, I think you could have come up with a more elegant solution for that. Also the side mirrors look like an afterthought, like somebody just stuck them on at the very end. Lastly, the rear wing seems a bit too small, and the two thingies that connect it to the body would look better if they were solid.
Couple of crits about the render: First, it has some serious anti-aliasing issues, it really detracts from the image as a whole. Plus you can see the seems between some of the surfaces, not good, there must be a setting in Alias which will fix that. Second, the chrome material on the wheels looks really cheesy, I would go for a brushed chrome material, anything but this.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.