PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: BMW 7 Series

loocas
07-07-2003, 11:09 AM
This is the very fisrst final render I did of this vehicle... Next will be composition to the real photo and then I'll model whole CG scene... This render took 13hours:52mins:07secs to render (I know it's too much, but note that I rendered this in 2048x1900 originaly). Ok, so hope you'll like it and add some comments and/or critics :thumbsup:

Here we go:
http://www.duber.cz/source_files/hi-res_images/bmw7advertising.jpg

Enjoy... :wavey:

Nosalis
07-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Skvela prace :))

Yeah, great work. I like very much the headlights, and Car paint material. But the thing I don`t like is reflection on windows. I think it should look more similar to car paint reflection.

Anyway, great render of ugly car :) (have to say that now i like it more, the new BMW3) E46 rulez.

Looking fwd to another colour variations.

l7d
07-07-2003, 12:01 PM
yep, not perfect but it is a great job nevertheless! hey these bimmers arnt that ugly

Xtra
07-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Itl looks very good! How long did you work for this?

Nosalis
07-07-2003, 12:29 PM
It`s new design of BMW. Most of people hate it. They prefer old style desing. But I know, that it will need time. When was new 7 relased, I hate it, hate it tooo much.

But now, I respect it. It not that nice like last generation 7 but I like it more, that in the beginning.

Biggest step out in BMW is IMHO BMW 3 Copact :)

JasonA
07-07-2003, 10:30 PM
thats very exceptional, although the refections are a bit overwhelming :)

Sweet car tho, you really put this together nicely

Garma
07-07-2003, 11:00 PM
looks good, almost photorealistic, but you could make it perfect with less reflections, they really screw up the car, especially on the headlights, the windows and the front. The wheels are a good job though.

loocas
07-08-2003, 09:28 AM
To Nosalis: Well, thank you man! But you know, I'm not as good in cars as you are, but I like this design of BMW 7 and I just modeled it :) Thanks!

To l7d: You're right!

To Xtra: More than 2 months (2-8 hrs per day).

To JasonA: Yep... those reflections look odd because of that HDRi, but I was testing it composed ito some modeled environment and they looked much much better... so that composition to the real photo will be much realistic than this is! :thumbsup:

To Garma: Thank you!

Ok guys, more comments!!! MUCH MORE!!! :thumbsup:

And thank you again!!

Nosalis
07-08-2003, 09:38 AM
I woudn`t say that I`m better than you are. Modeling is IMHO not that diffucult as the feeling for materials and scene.

To model a car with nice textures, this can nearly everybody (yeah, with experience), but to make great render, this can only a few. And you`re one of them

Your model is perfect. I only think, that glass reflect nearly the same, or more sharp, than the car pait :))

But as you say, I know that final composition in a scene will be great. You can do it.

loocas
07-08-2003, 06:11 PM
ok guys, hope you enjoyed bmw enough, 'coz here comes another few renders, this time I changed HDRi (and it looks much better!) and main thing: COLORS!!! :buttrock: ;)

http://www.duber.cz/source_files/hi-res_images/bmw7colors.jpg

Well, hope you'll add more and more comments and excuse this file res...

Nosalis
07-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Hey, .. this is just G R E A T

Yeah, HDRi looks much better. And color versions too. And how about to make racing version ?!? ... (troufnes si ?)

Keep up great work

loocas
07-09-2003, 11:02 AM
To Nosalis: Well, I don't know how the racing version should look like? I modeled this from blueprints I scanned from BMW brochure and there (ofcourse) were no GT version add-ons printed :scream:

But, thanks for comments! :thumbsup:

Nosalis
07-09-2003, 12:14 PM
To Loocas: And how about your imagination ? Yes, I underestand. If someone is a crazy man into cars, like me, it woun`t be a big problem.

I`m looking forward, what will be next.

loocas
07-09-2003, 12:42 PM
To Nosalis: Well, you know, my imagination is really limited!!! So I better not ot use it in this project (except the whole scene :) )

Nosalis
07-09-2003, 12:53 PM
And the last think :)) I don`t like the licence plate :))) (ne ze by mi extra vadilo, ze je prazska, jakoze jo, ale nezda se mne, ze vypada realne, ... takze bych to resil kvalitni nejlepe focenou, texturou - klidne ti poslu moji - i s muskama)

lol

loocas
07-09-2003, 03:45 PM
To Nosalis: Ono to ale je fotka, jen mírně upravená v shopu... Vyfotil jsem si značku našeho auta ;)

Common guys, anyone has any suggestion? critics? or just comment? :shrug:

Nosalis
07-10-2003, 06:40 AM
Hmmm, ... so I don`t know, why does it look strange to me. I don`t know. You`ll se mine lincence plate soon :)

Yeah, now I see. I criticise you not final licence plate, that`s probbably the reason. Final SPZ looks fine :)) so sorry for bothering.

loocas
07-10-2003, 10:37 AM
No problem man! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.