PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Little GunGirl

acidboy
05-06-2002, 04:11 AM
Heya People :wavey:

I've been reading these forums for ages so I thought I'd post some of my stuff. This is my first attempt at using a wacom.

I was going for a kinda comic look, so some aspects of her are a bit exaggerated. Tell me what ya think.

Oh, the quality and size of the image is really bad compared to the original, so I lost a lot of detail in getting it small enough to post :sad:

acidboy
05-06-2002, 06:35 AM
I'd really appreciate it if any of ya guys could give me some opinions or constructive criticism.

Even if it isn't nice, it'd still like ta hear it ;)

Thanx

alchoi
05-06-2002, 06:52 AM
Your stuff is not bad man ... I like the look of it ... kinda Aeon Flux-y ...

One thing to watch out for in costume design (and I learned this from a girl who's got a gift for it) is just the functionality of clothing ... how it buckles together, what kind of straps are underneath the metal plating ... that kind of thing ... how a character puts on and takes off a costume is really important and is the costume combat ready? Can the character move around easily?

That sort of thing ...

Also ... watch your clothing curves and make sure they match up with your perspective ... I notice that the boots are curved to indicate a downshot, but above her waist, the clothing is curved to indicate an upshot .... you'll find it easier (trust me) to design a character choosing either a strict upshot or strict downshot ... having the horizon line cross through her waist gives you one extra thing that you don't need to worry about ....

Cool though .... I like your style ...

Post some more stuff!!!

Cheers.

Al.

Sangotten
05-06-2002, 09:42 AM
What can I say....

It looks like the head has been removed from a Micheal Turner character (witch balde or probaly PHANTOM!) and put on a body of a very slim girl, her legs are extreemly thin....while the upper boddy and arms don't suggest that she is that slim....

...I'm not sure what I think about it, but I think I like it...

acidboy
05-06-2002, 10:32 AM
al_choi :

Thanks for the pointers man.
Yeah I totally agree with what you're saying about the perspective issues in drawing. Yeah I also didn't put enough thought into the boots and the costume design in most places, have ta watch that next time :)

Sangotten :

Yeah I am a fan of TopCow comics. So her face was inspired by those comics, But not copied and pasted in any shape or form!....... But I guess u didn't imply that literally :)

The proportions of the legs are exaggerated on purpose, much like other comic like characters. But yeah they are over done a bit I agree, thanks for pointing it out.

jeroentje
05-06-2002, 09:26 PM
He acidboy,

Nice girl. Like the over-all style. Cool tattoo. :thumbsup:

Well.. you asked for crittics.
It's the first time I give someone crittics, so I'll leave it with some things that imho would make here jump off the screen a bit more.

It's all about the background really. Make it smaller than the girl.
And there's something else I see a lot on this site; it has too much color. Always make your subject the most powerfull. Color attracts attention, and you want that to be the girl.

Don't let her stand at the bottom of the background. That way you take all the depth out of the picture.
Add a groundshadow, that's a nice and easy way to give her a relation to the canvas.

Use your Wacom to softly remove the top line of her head.
Hair is fluffy, so the light shines through

That's a bit more typing then I intended, but if I have the gutts to give you crittics, I should also be telling you WHY I think you should make these changes.

Anyway: post more!!!

:beer: Jeroentje

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.