PDA

View Full Version : LW + MP +Character face

Mangled Poly
07-07-2003, 07:04 AM
how do we set up our character faces to animate with motion builder aswell?

uncommongrafx
07-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Make endomorphs.
Name them something descriptive, mouthopen, mouthclosed, leyeclosed, reyeclosed...
Don't try to do the lw convention of mouth.open as it doesn't work.

Then, go in and connect shapes to their list. If you have expressions, make new names and hook'em up.

That ought to get you started.

sensai2nd
07-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Also, for endomorph naming coventions, you can look in the actor/face settings to see what all their "generic" channels are called . . .

toonshady
07-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Funny, why do u say that the lw naming convention doesn't work? I have tested with a character of mine, and it works.

uncommongrafx
07-07-2003, 07:41 PM
How far out have you gone? I had problems with anything that had a decimal in it except one.
I may have to admit that it did work because I wasn't following their format based on their choices; my convention perhaps would have been better suited for making my own.

Anyhow, that's what I experienced, with 4.03.

toonshady
07-08-2003, 02:29 AM
How far out have you gone? I had problems with anything that had a decimal in it except one.

Hey, perhaps that might be it. I have a character that has 60+ endos and they were named at max with one dot. Like "Jaw.MoveD" Did you have mutliple dot in your names? I thought LW only support one dot in the naming convention for the purpose of separating into tabs. I must admit, sometimes when I export my morph animation from MB, it doesn't always load up in LW. I got really mixed up by the different combinations of saving a fbx file. There's the straight up plot your animation and save the file approach. There's the save selection, and export fbx approach.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.