PDA

View Full Version : Character: Lord of Darkness

Yukon
07-07-2003, 03:22 AM
I used Maya for this model that im doing for class....Please give me feedback

http://ali.cgcommunity.com/lord_1_trial.jpg

JamesMK
07-07-2003, 08:09 AM
--> The lips could use some more detail and definition.
--> The ears seem to have zero thickness.
--> You might want to up the level of detail on the chin.

Otherwise you've got a great topology going, IMO.

Stylewise - I realise that you wanted some seriously exaggerated features, but I personally feel that you went a little too far on those horns. That's just my opinion, though, so please disregard if you don't agree.

On a general note, I'm kind of tired of looking at demonic characters with big horns (it's not your fault of course, just my official call for originality).

It's a good model :thumbsup:

rebeldreams
07-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey all

Yukon - good start! Do you have photographic references to work from? As I recall, in the movie, the nose was a little more hooked. Apart from that - keep going! I take it that the surface detail will be texture mapped?

JamesMK - the character's from the Ridley Scott movie
Legend - and, yes, the horns are meant to be that big! Tim Curry, who played Darkness in the movie, had to carry 65lbs of fibreglass on his head - one reason the traps come up so high on the neck is to disguise the framework that helped support them.

Rob Bottin - genius or madman?

JamesMK
07-07-2003, 10:20 AM
[i]and, yes, the horns are meant to be that big!
Argh! That's just horrible! I think I actually saw that movie waaaay back... Interesting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.