PDA

View Full Version : Buying Lightwave?

NiPeR
07-07-2003, 12:55 AM
Hi!

Im planning to buy Lightwave soon, but I want to know what includes in the box. I can't find it on the homepage.

Here are the questions:

1. Is there any additional programs included on the CD?
2. How many CD's? And if there is more than 1, what is the second CD including?
3. Is there a Manual in book form, or will I get it on the CD?

I have heard that it is a Student version available. I have heard that the only difference between the fullversion and the Student version is that you can't use it for commercial use, is that right?

And the last question: Does the fullversion include more in the box than the Student version?

Bliz
07-07-2003, 01:16 AM
No additional programs on the CD, but you do get tons of objects, textures example scenes etc to use in your work

You get two CD's one is the PC version and one is the MAC version, you get a small USB dongle that you can swap between a Mac and a PC with.

You get a printed manual that is quite hefty. It's got to be about 700 pages long at least but that's just a geuss because the forsake page numbers for the xx.xx convention of page finding.

Last but not least you get a piece of paper telling you how to install it.

That's what I got in my 7.5 DUO box anyway.

I'm pretty sure that the educational version of LW is exactly the same as the commercial version but I've never used the edu. version so can't confirm 100%

milqman
07-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Never seen the commercial version boxing but I'm 99% sure that the edu and commercial versions are identical aside from licensing issues (non-commercial use)

NiPeR
07-07-2003, 01:28 AM
Thanks alot for the answers. I very pleased with them.;)

Now I'm pretty sure that I gonna buy my self a copy of Lightwave, thanks again. ;)

Petrik
07-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Bliz

I'm pretty sure that the educational version of LW is exactly the same as the commercial version but I've never used the edu. version so can't confirm 100%

From your description I can make the 100% confirmation.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.