PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Chair in the Sun

Seraph135
07-07-2003, 01:39 AM
http://www.seraph3d.com/chairinthesun.jpg

Hi everyone!

Here is a render I did over the holiday weekend. I used 3ds Max 5 & V-Ray. Hope you enjoy!

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Lucidium
07-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Wow, that looks VERY realistic.:applause:
Can we see a wire?

The only bits that look odd are the railings, and that grey material just beneath the tiles.
I think it's their textures that don't look quite right, and the way the railings just go straight into the wall.

cbutlerc
07-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Great Lighting!!!
The displacement on the stucco is cool.

Only comment I see was already pointed out.
The rain gutter looks a little odd, the paint chips just dont look right, maybe have the paint peeling away, they kind of look pasted on rather than chipped away.

Very well done though.

Premutos
07-07-2003, 07:39 PM
The window reflection is kind of fishy. There's a continuance of the wooden board window and the chair on the windows, even though the first window is far away from the objects.

Seraph135
07-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm at work now but can post a wire this evening when I get home. Now that you both mention it that gutter is gonna bother me...I'll probably go back and fix it even thought this was supposed to be finished. Thanks!

Seraph135
07-08-2003, 07:58 AM
As promised.

http://www.seraph3d.com/Balcony_shaded.jpg

rollmops
07-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Wouldn't you fake a reflected light falling from the window to the ground? Nicely done anyway!:thumbsup:

Inktvlek
07-08-2003, 11:49 AM
veeery nice!!! I really like the texture on the floor and the tree-shadow!!! <- nice detail!

You could improve a bit on the lead texture though.

Premutos
07-08-2003, 01:58 PM
I don't understand why you are ignoring me - I've even PM'ed you!

Is the reflection supposed to be like that? The first window to our left is far away from the second window, yet the objects stretch smoothly across the 2 windows. In real life, the mirror/drapes window and the chair would only have reflected on the second window - I belive. (look at the bottom of the windows and compare them to the chair.)

Anyways, just trying to help. :)

Seraph135
07-08-2003, 04:50 PM
Premutos...Sorry for the delay.

I kinda see what your talking about, but the glass is just a flat plane with raytraced reflections...I think that it is correct cause if you look at a spot on the chair and measure that distance to the glass...it is the same distance in the reflection to the glass...Thanks for taking the time to critique and question my work.

Premutos
07-08-2003, 05:41 PM
Maybe, but it looks weird. =)

The second window is twice the size of the chair (the window right next to it.)

The 1st window isn't near the chair, so I don't see why it reflects it.

I'm not 100% sure though, I'm like 50%. =) I've never really studied reflections IRL.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.