PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic stability and cycleCheck

tymznd
07-06-2003, 11:53 PM
I am using 4.5 Complete on a mac, and am doing a scene with gravity and collision detection and I am starting to get interpenetration and cycleCheck warnings.... so I tried a basic scene with 2 simple spheres and a cube floor.... check this out:

setAttr "pSphere2.translateY" 10;
setAttr "pSphere1.translateY" 10;
gravity -pos 0 0 0 -m 9.8 -att 0 -dx 0 -dy -1 -dz 0 -mxd -1 -vsh none -vex 0 -vof 0 0 0 -vsw 360 -tsr 0.5 ;
// Result: gravityField1 //
connectDynamic -f gravityField1 pSphere1 pSphere2;
// Result: rigidBody2 rigidBody3 //
// Press the ESC key to stop playback
currentTime 143 ;
// Warning: Cycle on 'pSphere1.worldMatrix[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //
// Warning: Cycle on 'pSphere2.worldMatrix[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

Why am I getting warnings already?? :rolleyes:
I wonder if this stuff is starting to pile up in my working scene..... I am getting unpredictable crashes when I work with it

stallion151
07-07-2003, 08:00 AM
are you starting the simulation from a high enough distance?

try it with a different object, instead of a cube use the plane with high segments.

also if you paste cycleCheck -e off into the MEL Command Line i don't think these messages should appear anymore...i think, don't quote me on that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.