PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Hair

MakeMake
03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi,

I am preparing a character who is inside a snow storm. In the coat of the character there's a place where there's hair. This hair is done with the hair and fur of Max2009 but I would like to achieve that the snowflakes falling from the sky get caught in this hair.

After testing several things (quite many), I think that maybe converting the hair into a mesh they could get cought well. The point now is that it does not export well the hair into a mesh, it only exports one frame, not the hole animation.

Is there anyone who can help me and explain how to do this? I mean, export the hair into an animated mesh, or maybe another way to do this.

Thanks a lot!

JHN
03-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Well you can create a mesh per frame and sample the points data to animate a master mesh.
Or try morpher with progressive morphs.
But I guarantee that whatever the solution it's going to be pretty heavy deforming all that verts.

-Johan

MakeMake
08-25-2009, 02:57 PM
OK! You can wath the result in here!

Thx JHN!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=154&t=799167

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2009, 02:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.