PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with my uk Studies!

Rafus
03-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Please help me with my uk Studies!

Hello everybody. I`m from Spain and I want to go to UK for study in September and improve my skills as animator or in the video games area. I have read all the threads in the forum and I`m completely mess... The Spanish educational system is completely different from the UK system and all the information I found is about Universities that offer three years courses (BA hons). Theres the option of Foundation Degrees (normally one year) but I donīt know if the level is really low and itīs a lost of time and money.

Here in Spain I studied a three years career in a private School about Graphic design and Arts and after that a course of 3D, I have seven years of experience working in the industry (so Iīm not a teenager) and I want study a course that focus my career.

Indeed I want to study a course of one year or two years as much.... and itīs no necessary to do it in the university, it could be in a private school or whatever.

Iīve seen the Scape school in London but itīs really expensive and I canīt afford living in London, I prefer a smaller city a bit more cheap.

The courses I have found interesting are:

-The Manchester School of Media
-Bournemouth University
-Norwich University

I appreciate your attention and I hope somebody could help me!

If somebody want to see my website here is: http://www.salamandrafx.com

Thanks.

MrPositive
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Posted a portfolio website and asking about which school is the best. Yeehaw! So I'm guessing I better get......
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10438/InBeforeTheLock.gif
Or maybe I just wanted to really badly use this image. :)

Rafus
03-13-2009, 12:54 PM
This is all the information I get????

Thanks! itīs very helpful!

paperclip
03-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm uncertain as to what exactly you want us to tell you. Most people here haven't attended t hese schools, so we can't tell you what they're like. Your best bet would be to google graduates of these schools and see what their standard is like. The general consensus is that the school doesn't matter as much as your willingness to learn.

Find someone who has been to a school you're interested in, in the program you're interested in and talk to them about what the course involves. What exactly do you want to get out of it?

Also- yes, in before the lock.

leigh
03-13-2009, 01:14 PM
1. Do a search.

2. Next time, don't use a thread as a sneaky way of advertising your personal website.