PDA

View Full Version : toe roll? includeded a pic.

Levitateme
07-06-2003, 09:21 PM
in this pic this is how i would assume you would be able to do in MB. this way when the foot slides back the toes pivot, its realistic this way. like every tutorial i ahve seen in a rig setup in maya does this. but in mb i cant get this to work? anyone have any ideas.
http://home.bresnan.net/~planetofsound/WebHelp/MBtoe.gif

im only assuming maybe ik would go there, but if anyone knows how to get the feet so they bend at the ball joint, that would be great.

Cman
07-07-2003, 12:30 AM
I've been asking about this on Kaydara's MB forum and haven't received an answer in a week.
This seems to be MB achilles heel - no reverse-foot, or similar, setup.
There's been no answer about that specifically being in v5, however the new toe controls "look" to solve the problem.

Anyway, I tried moving that mid-red marker to the toe joint and locking it's TR while moving the ankle, and it almost works. Still looks like a little slide, but not as bad... :shrug:

Levitateme
07-07-2003, 02:46 AM
hey cman, i turned on foot controls. if you do that it does the trick. really neat. im assuming it does the trick, i tried animateing and it seemed to work fine.

Cman
07-07-2003, 03:03 AM
"foot controls"?
Where's that? Was it on a VTM?

Levitateme
07-07-2003, 04:19 AM
sorry

under character settings, floor settings, floor contact
i didnt have mb open i was just assuming the name. im sure you know about this though.

Cman
07-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Ahh, floor contact. Yeh, I knew about that but my foot still slides once it makes contact with the floor, and I can't pivot from the toes.
Grab the mid-red controller and try to rotate it and nothing happens.

Mechis
07-08-2003, 05:44 AM
I've been trying to figure this out as well. The best solution that I have come up with, is to use the floor as well, but as Cman said, you cannot rotate the back of the foot from the mid-red controller. A bit frustrating.

Cman
07-08-2003, 06:41 AM
The easiest solution I've come up with so far is to add a null to the mid-foot controller, then unlock the ankle-control's TR and parent it to the null. Then the null will work to rotate translate the foot from the toe, but it's wonky. As I recall the skeleton, or the fk rig, gets left behind until you update by moving the time marker, and some other weirdness... :shrug: haven't had a chance to play with it more.

Mechis
07-08-2003, 03:29 PM
I just found this tutorial on the Kaydara website, and it looks like it might be what we are looking for. Go to the Knowledge desk and look at this tutorial:
Creating Custom Ctrl Rig 4.0 Tutorial

I'm going to play with this tonight and see what happens

Cman
07-08-2003, 03:39 PM
thanks

Just scanned the pdf and it looks to have some answers. Glad you found it!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.