PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer question

SimianLogic
07-06-2003, 09:11 PM
There's not much documentation on MotionMixer, and I've run into kind of a snag. I built the motion I wanted and had it repeat for 5 cycles. After that I wanted to have my guy go from his end pose and just animate normally from there. LW won't let me change anything, though. It seems like he's completely frozen where MotionMixer left him. I can move one item of my rig, but as soon as I move another the first snaps back to where it was.

It's kind of like when AutoKey isn't turned on, but I made sure it was turned on and even tried manually keying each new movement. Am I not allowed to add in extra movements after setting up MotionMixer?

EvilE
07-06-2003, 09:16 PM
I havent done very much with motion mixer by myself but as far as i understand you could :
a) remove the mark from actor active then make your animation and get it as another motion into motionmixer and reactivate the actor afterwards.
b)bake the motionmixer anim and then animate the rest

hope it helps

EE

SimianLogic
07-06-2003, 09:19 PM
ah! baking. I completely forgot you could do that. I'll just do that and then trim out all my extra keys later. Thanks for the memory jog.

toonshady
07-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi, I think once your character is part of an actor that is active in the Motion Mixer timeline, you can't input any keyframes like the usual way. There are probably a number of ways to solve your problem.

1. One is bake out the motion from your motion clip on the MM timeline, and deactivate your actor. What you'll get is a baked cycle and from there on, you can animate it further.

2. Another way, if you don't wanna mess with baking, is todeactivate your actor, and then animate your character whatever that's suppose to come after the cycle. Make that animation into another clip, add the clip near the end of the cycle clip, activate your actor again.

EvilE
07-06-2003, 09:37 PM
to slow toonshady :wip:

:p

EE

SimianLogic
07-07-2003, 03:42 AM
slow, but useful nonetheless. EvilE, I wasn't quite sure what you meant by "remove the mark from the actor," but deactivate is a lot clearer. I didn't know you could do that. Thanks to both of you.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.