PDA

View Full Version : making an alpha from difference

m.d.
07-06-2003, 04:10 PM
i'm trying to make an alpha from an image made by blending two pictures with the difference mode.(the photo is two identicle camera angles of a room, one empty, and one with people) i applied the resulting difference image to an objects transparency map, and had the alpha options set to surface opacity.an alpha was produced but because of the way i did it it made a grayscale of the difference image.what i want is pure black and white in this case. is there a better way to go about doing this?and instead of applying images to surfaces is there a way to do this just using the texure filter plugin in the image editor? i am doing this just to see what lightwave can do in compositing, not for a specific project. :thumbsup:

m.d.
07-06-2003, 10:19 PM
hmmm... not much response, well i'll make it more specific...is there a way to take a grayscale alpha and make it completely black and white?

CourtJester
07-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Eki's LW compositing tut (http://www.lw-fin.org/tutorials/eki/)

Hot off the presses, discusses pulling mattes using Texture Filter.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.