PDA

View Full Version : environment: monolith

mattin
07-06-2003, 03:29 PM
this is a fun project. after Apple showed us the G5, I got this
idea. i hope you like it :beer:

http://dermattin.com/wip/monolith/monolith15.jpg

14 lights, no GI. done in cinema4d and photoshop (text). here (http://dermattin.com/wip/monolith/) is the short WIP.

Rei Ayanami
07-06-2003, 03:40 PM
heh, macs takin over the world... ha

Nice work tho, good lighting too looks like its there (despite being the content being so fake)

Soulstorm
07-06-2003, 03:50 PM
the apple sign on the building is a bit unclear

MarioRothenb.
07-06-2003, 03:53 PM
ehhhhh wicked style.... i like it... !!

Count0
07-06-2003, 04:03 PM
hmm, i really like this, but maybe if you rotated it a bit it wouldn't be mistaken for a building ;) (i think it's pretty clear though)

mattin
07-06-2003, 04:50 PM
the apple sign on the building is a bit unclear [...] ...it wouldn't be mistaken for a building

jepp, that is true. but that was the basic idea. you have to ask yourself the same question as the scientists in the small container: "...what is it....?" :)

Mafty
07-06-2003, 10:35 PM
loks good, the front of PC seems to be lacking some details, but its ahrd to see from that angle, the apple symbol could be defined a little more as well

Neox
07-06-2003, 10:45 PM
schalt ma dein Deutsch ab, dat heisst lights :D

good work, i don't like macs but this is a really nice scene, and a pretty cool idea :)

mattin
07-06-2003, 10:55 PM
schalt ma dein Deutsch ab, dat heisst lights
ROFL, hey i didnt sleep last night ;)

good work, i don't like macs
poor boy :P

this is a really nice scene, and a pretty cool idea
thank you :)

PaxtonGerrish
07-07-2003, 12:32 AM
why does everyone always do mock mac commercials..
well i guess the question would be whu did you do one.. I know that some people really really really really like thier macs, and by being really dedicated to one type of computer or OS, or 3d program some people feel sort of elite or more in touch with that particular comunity... but its gone to far damnnit!! There just tools to get the job done, in the end it dont matter what you use!
do a commercial for your local beer company or somethin.. at least they will thank you for your time..
and give you beer too i bet :thumbsup:
oh and sorry if im way off the mark here.... the truth is i just felt like ranting..

oh and the image itself is pretty sweet... i definitly like the sunset one the best in the wip....

t-man152
07-07-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by PaxtonGerrish
well i guess the question would be whu did you do one.. I know that some people really really really really like thier macs, and by being really dedicated to one type of computer or OS, or 3d program some people feel sort of elite or more in touch with that particular comunity... but its gone to far damnnit!! There just tools to get the job done, in the end it dont matter what you use!
do a commercial for your local beer company or somethin.. at least they will thank you for your time..
and give you beer too i bet :thumbsup:
oh and sorry if im way off the mark here.... the truth is i just felt like ranting..

oh and the image itself is pretty sweet... i definitly like the sunset one the best in the wip....

I totaly agree with you on that bro. I mean you have once your in your program weather its on Mac or PC its the same. and the and the basic user interface is the same (mouse Keyboard).

BiTMAP
07-07-2003, 01:58 AM
mac simply isn't the computer for my desktop, however if i was to get a laptop it'd prolly be a mac... but That doesn't look like a G5 up thar.... the front... its all wrong!!

mattin
07-07-2003, 05:22 AM
please! no flame thread! :)

i dont know. my reason: i am a apple fan and love my mac. and this is what i think about G5: .."one kick ass machine" :)

hey guys, take it easy :)

That doesn't look like a G5 up thar.... the front... its all wrong!!
what do you mean? i took this for textures!? (http://www.apple.com/powermac/gallery/hero.html)

SpaceFork
07-07-2003, 05:58 AM
I like the whole idea (for what it's worth). The only thing I would say, would be -- if this were an ad, the company would probably want more attention brought to the logo....perhaps if you made it glow a bit, or did something with the lighting to bring the focus onto it. Otherwise, great design, good modelling and nice compositing :thumbsup:

tobiasth
07-07-2003, 07:45 AM
yeah! i like it very much, good idea!!! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.