PDA

View Full Version : ShortFilm: Channel Surfing

Speeder
07-06-2003, 02:57 PM
Hi

here is the result of my schoolproject.
since i had only one month to do this project I had to downsize the film to get it done, but I will use another month to finish the way I want it.

Channel_Surfing_(640x360) (http://www.b0rg.com/Channel_Surfing_(640x360).avi)

by the way: I'm looking for work!
Denis.Alekseev@broadpark.no

modi
07-06-2003, 07:40 PM
hey good job man. Congrats on finishing the film. I'm working on a short right now and the 1st scene is kinda similar to what u have there , a couch potato watching tv.
The look of the film was nice but the animation is kinda floaty. It lacks weight. Also the integration of live action was a bit wiered. I think if u'd beat up the footage a lot more it might gel. All in all good job. Cheers

webfox
07-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Very cool concept! I liked the short.

The animation is a little floaty as mentioned. Try striking, and then holding some poses longer, too.

Thanks for showing this to us. :)

drewantarctic
07-07-2003, 03:42 AM
just for crit sake.

dont cut to black before he gets upset. it doesnt work. it would be fine to just cut to him.

try to add blue light from the monitor instead of the white.

eat lots of vegetables.

but otherwise it looks VEEEERY nice for only a months work. nice simple texturing and all. good job.

Speeder
07-07-2003, 10:03 AM
Modi & webfox
What do you meen about floaty? what part of the short?

drewantarctic
When it cuts to black its suppose to be i one shoot from when it hits him self til it gets angry. But sense i did the angry part before hiting him self, i found out that i have to do the whole scene all over agein, thats the second thing im gona fix.

For the light i gona to refix all light in the scene, i did somthing stupid at the beginning. Resong is that in some parts of the scenes it gets overexposed by the light, thats the first thing im gona fix.

and yes i eat lots of vegatables

webfox
07-07-2003, 05:19 PM
The TV seemed like, when he wasn't immitating the motions of what was on his screen, that he didn't have as much anticipation or follow through in his motions. Everything seemed to blend evenly from one key to the next.

When he jumps to the foot rest at the very end, he seems to have not enough weight for his size and jumps too easily.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.