PDA

View Full Version : Z-Depth Compositing.... Solve The Problem?

ProXell
07-06-2003, 12:50 PM
So..... I have a lot of layers that I'll plan to composite by z-depth buffer but there is no z-depth extracter in Combustion unlike DF...
Is there any plug-in.... maybe for AF to solve the problem..... I realy need it... Because the masks is not an option....

Chris
07-06-2003, 11:58 PM
you can do a lot using the 'compound' (blur, channel arithmatic etc) operators, but its really going to depend on what you want to do as to whether or not it'll work.

If you are doing Z-Depth composes in combustion you really should have output some kind of file with an embedded Z-Depth channel, or set the job up to alpha composite from your 3D app. it probably would have saved a lot of time in the long run... :shrug:

ProXell
07-07-2003, 10:26 AM
File sequnces allready exist... with z-depth chennel.... But there are no option in combustion to extract it, and use in production.... I'm an old user of Descreet compositors, since there were an Effect 1.5*, but there, there are was an option to merge layers with z-depth channel. For some reasons Descreet cut it function, and I was disapšointed by that.... I never use z-depth.... But when time came to use it in very hard compositing.... huh .... The guys from Descreet sad "Try another way!" :-).... Or I'll Just dowload DF

chad
07-08-2003, 05:22 PM
If you rendered RPF files, there is a way to extract your zdepth channel. Select your footage layer>Operator>3D Post>show G buffer. I'm not sure if this will work with other formats, but give it a try. :buttrock:

chad
07-08-2003, 06:30 PM
If you rendered RPF files, there is a way to extract your zdepth channel. Select your footage layer>Operator>3D Post>show G buffer. I'm not sure if this will work with other formats, but give it a try. :buttrock:

ProXell
07-08-2003, 07:42 PM
So... I have an *.iff allready rendered... and it was very hard to do it..... And there are no way redo it.... so.... any replys? How i can extract..... z-depth

crgowo
07-08-2003, 09:56 PM
as stated above by chad
Select your footage layer>Operator>3D Post>show G buffer
just so you know i have had a realy bad exp with iff and combustion. Combustoin just isnt stable at all when using iff files. one of the ways ive been able to not make combustion crash when using iff files is to put my viewport on draft and playbacck then bump it up to preview or so on. But ive also read other people have noproblem
hope this helps

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.