PDA

View Full Version : lightwave is not working need help!

Mangled Poly
07-06-2003, 01:34 AM
alright im not sure what is going on but when ever i open lightwave it says hardwarelock not found.....

Now this is where it gets strange, i unplugged the lock, then put it back in then it says usb rainbow lock found.. but then it starts installing the drivers and then windows crashes to a blue screen? i have tried everything from uninstalling the dricvers and reinstalling.. its not working.

Im using winxp

the only thing i have donw different or installed fromt he internet from my last useage is updated my bios

robinson
07-06-2003, 01:47 AM
Are you using the last rainbow dongle drivers ?
www.rainbow.com

Try a different usb port, yeah sounds strange, but I had a problem like that once !

Mangled Poly
07-06-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by robinson
Are you using the last rainbow dongle drivers ?
www.rainbow.com

Try a different usb port, yeah sounds strange, but I had a problem like that once !

There downloads dont seem to work :(

robinson
07-06-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Mangled Poly
There downloads dont seem to work :(

works over here...;)

http://www.rainbow.com/support/eu_support.htm

Mangled Poly
07-06-2003, 03:52 AM
great so installed the drivers..
now whenever i plug in my dongle or startup with my dongle windows crashes....
@#$%#$%#$^%#$#:annoyed:

robinson
07-06-2003, 04:22 AM
Damn, :banghead

sorry, but the only thing I can recommend now, is search the forums (cgtalk and newtek), these problems where discussed before so maybe you will find some answers.
And if nothing helps call newtek tech support on Monday. :shrug:

Sorry and good luck.
Robinson
:wavey:

:

Mangled Poly
07-06-2003, 05:10 AM
thanks for your help though

DigitalDeuce
07-06-2003, 05:46 AM
Try this.

Unplug your dongle.
Uninstall Sentinal Drivers
Shutdown, restart.
Re-install Sentinal Drivers
Re-plugin your dongle.

Don't let the machine "detect the dongle" -- that is where I have seen it messup before.

Mangled Poly
07-06-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by DigitalDeuce
Try this.

Unplug your dongle.
Uninstall Sentinal Drivers
Shutdown, restart.
Re-install Sentinal Drivers
Re-plugin your dongle.

Don't let the machine "detect the dongle" -- that is where I have seen it messup before.

thats a nope, even after i unistall the drivers, restart then reistall it makes me restart again well its down i put the dongle in liek it says then comes back on detects then blue screen of death.....

wheres CIM to cheer me up when i need it?

Any one else have any ideas?:annoyed:

robinson
07-06-2003, 07:26 AM
who knows, maybe thats it ???:shrug:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3362

Mangled Poly
07-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by robinson
who knows, maybe thats it ???:shrug:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3362

nope not the problem.. ive tried that and bam the problem is my whole computer is crashing when windows detects the dongle properly

DigitalDeuce
07-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Ok - forget about the "newest drivers"

Do the same thing, but use the drivers from the LightWave CD.

Try that.

I'll do all I can to hep ya.

Mangled Poly
07-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Well heres the problem with the cd drivers....

I did the same steps then on restart it starts up, then it seems liek it finds the token twice the first time it shows his name then 4 seconds later it says "usb token" ... so i go over to hardware management and all it shows is "usb token" onder the "seceruity lock lock sections"

DigitalDeuce
07-06-2003, 03:11 PM
ok - tomorrow call tech support.

Honestly, sounds to me, like something 'in your machine' went postal.

Did it "just start doing this" -- or is this a new machine?

Do you have another machine to test the dongle on ? -maybe it fried?

Castius
07-06-2003, 03:45 PM
If you messed with the bios you could have changed some usb settings. But the best thing to do is to find another computer to test the dongle on first. If it works then go back and compare untill you find whats wrong. good luck

Mangled Poly
07-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by DigitalDeuce
ok - tomorrow call tech support.

Honestly, sounds to me, like something 'in your machine' went postal.

Did it "just start doing this" -- or is this a new machine?

Do you have another machine to test the dongle on ? -maybe it fried?

ill try it after work tonight.. what time is tech support open im on the west coast... problem is i work during the week

DigitalDeuce
07-06-2003, 04:16 PM
I'll find out for ya.

Brett H.
07-06-2003, 08:14 PM
the only thing i have donw different or installed fromt he internet from my last useage is updated my bios
Flash-updating the BIOS is something I only recommend to people if you're having a problem with your system, or if the BIOS update will offer some new feature (like FSB control for overclocking) that you want/need. I'd have to say that's you're problem. BIOS updates are witchcraft, and much can go wrong.

Get into the BIOS and check all settings related to USB. Even try "use default settings" (after writing down all your current settings, of course) and see if it works. Try other USB devices on the same machine (remove them first if they're already installed) to see if USB is working right with anything else.

Good Luck...

Brett

milqman
07-06-2003, 08:56 PM
format :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.