PDA

View Full Version : The Lost World (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) concepts

KeithLarkin
03-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone.
I am relatively new to concept art.
I am currently at university studying CG Art and Animation (Degree)

For one of my assignments We had to produce concept art relating to a book we were given.
My book was The Lost World. We were given specific chapters and had to produce concept work relating to that.

The first one took about a day and a half at uni as i had never done it before, but i soon realised that i enjoyed it.

The second piece took about 6 hours.

All done in CS3 with a Wacom tablet.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd291/Samurai_040/Artwork/Picture1.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd291/Samurai_040/Artwork/Picture2.jpg

janoonibarbin
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I like the compositions and the feeling I get from them. very nostalgic. I would like to see you use more saturated colors in the foreground. I think that would give everything more depth.

Also, i think it would be nice if you added one more foreground element that is very close to the camera, but is extremely blurred. This would also add a lot more depth. Good work though

KeithLarkin
03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks alot for your comments.

I agree with you. I have quite enjoyed creating concepts and hope to do some more when i get more time from uni assignments.. I have a vivid imagination and would love to create loads but its just getting the time at the moment..

Thanks again.

rbfeik
03-11-2009, 07:29 AM
The bottom has a good feel of strange world with a sense drama and foreboding. But the top one nothing is "Lost World" about it - how about some Pterodactyls in the distant sky?

Also both have shadowed foreground and lighter faded back - have you tried one the other way?

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2009, 07:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.