PDA

View Full Version : infant ogre

ratika
03-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi, be honest with you guys, I m new here and I m not a modeller but because we are in a group project assign by our teacher, we don't have a modeller. And now we have separated our modelling work.

With due respect to everyone's work, I request all modellers who can help me in modelling the infant ogre.I would like to ask for tutorial to model an infant means about 6-7 months old child so that I can create the body in maya 2009.

thank you.

ratika
03-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Plzzz anyone help!!

SanjayChand
03-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, start with a simply polygon base mesh.

If you dont know how to do that then you should buy a training DVD on the basic of poly modeling.

musashidan
03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
seems strange that your teacher would assign a project on something that hasn't been taught yet??:shrug:

There are shed loads of tuts on the net these days.if one of your team members is a proficient artist then sketch out front/side orthos and a pose based model sheet.
follow along one of the many modeling tuts on the net and apply the principles/methods to your prepared concept art.

Or maybe even ask your teacher for some advice.That is what they're getting paid for.

ratika
03-21-2009, 06:26 AM
seems strange that your teacher would assign a project on something that hasn't been taught yet??:shrug:

There are shed loads of tuts on the net these days.if one of your team members is a proficient artist then sketch out front/side orthos and a pose based model sheet.
follow along one of the many modeling tuts on the net and apply the principles/methods to your prepared concept art.

Or maybe even ask your teacher for some advice.That is what they're getting paid for.
Ofcourse sir we have those sketches and our teacher liked them very much. My teacher is PHILIP EDWARD ALEXY. you can google his name ( worked in films like charlotte's web, star wars, 101 dalmations etc etc etcand ofcourse jumanji, casper are name a few) and you will know how big this name is but he is a character animator and has 20 years of experiance.
The problem is he just dnt let us concentrate on other things except animation.
I am assign an infant, its basically a ogre's kid I have done work on it, I didnt get ny tut to look at for modelling an infant.
If there is a way I can show you the sketches and the model and if you can help me like tellin me if that is good for rigging and other stuffs like blend shapes and all. I m working in maya 8.5 and 2009.

polyvin
04-11-2009, 04:52 AM
not sure how much this will help, but you can probably use shrek's babies in shrek 3 as a reference or so to give a general idea of what it should/can resemble.

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2009, 04:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.