PDA

View Full Version : "IES sun" and "IES Sky" were gone in max 2009?

gattaca1295
03-06-2009, 06:46 PM
I found the photometric light ( "IES sun" and "IES Sky") were gone in max 2009, where can i find them ? or what can i use instead of them?

Bobo
03-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I found the photometric light ( "IES sun" and "IES Sky") were gone in max 2009, where can i find them ? or what can i use instead of them?

They were hidden from the Create panel because they are generally used by the Daylight System and do not make much sense as stand-alone lights.

They are still creatable through MAXScript though. Same applies to the mr_Sun and mr_Sky used when mental ray is the current renderer.

Also, MAXScript in 2009 provides a new interface Interface: DaylightSystemFactory2 with a method for generating a Daylight System and for specifying what kinds of Sun and Sky to use, which implicitly creates the IES_Sun and IES_Sky as part of the system if requested.

gattaca1295
03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
They were hidden from the Create panel because they are generally used by the Daylight System and do not make much sense as stand-alone lights.

They are still creatable through MAXScript though. Same applies to the mr_Sun and mr_Sky used when mental ray is the current renderer.

Also, MAXScript in 2009 provides a new interface Interface: DaylightSystemFactory2 with a method for generating a Daylight System and for specifying what kinds of Sun and Sky to use, which implicitly creates the IES_Sun and IES_Sky as part of the system if requested.

Hi Bobo,
Thank you for your replying, now I get it,^^

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.