PDA

View Full Version : Welder Robot

BrettmanMMG
03-06-2009, 07:40 PM
This is a robot I'm currently working on. It started off as a gray scale marker rendering I inked and then scanned. I added color and the welding effect in Photoshop.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I think I've starred at it too long and could use your opinions!

Thank you in advance.

http://www.mulberrymarketing.com/dev/welder.jpg

BrettmanMMG
03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
The client has requested that we add some industry logos on the robot. In doing this I'm struggling with how to make them look like they belong on the robot and still be clearly visible to the viewer.

Technically I've imported the logos in Photoshop and used the warp Transform tool to adjust their placement. I tried using the Perspective and Distort tools but I couldn't get the angles to line up the way I wanted. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

http://www.mulberrymarketing.com/dev/welder2.jpg

DArcy1
03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
The logos seem simple enough that you are probably better off doing them freehand.

A few thoughts - it doesn't read immediately as welder, more "robot with weapon". I wonder if giving him a more traditional welder's mask might help. Beef up the knee and ankle joints. Think functional - right now he can't kneel down because he's crush that cable over the knee. Maybe a workbelt with some welders tools?

Cheers

D.

BrettmanMMG
03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I will try out the welder's mask, that's a really good point. Also I'll make the legs look like they could support the robot's full range of motion and weight. I'll post it back out here when I get it updated! Thank you again. I really appreciate you taking the time to review.

DArcy1
03-12-2009, 08:21 PM
No problem :-)

D.

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2009, 08:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.